test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Illusionist Paragon for CW suggestions

almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Library
I've posted about this before, and at the time it was said that illusion wasn't a CW domain, but they also said fire-based DPS paths wouldnt be likely either, so here's my suggested Paragon Path for illusionist cw's:

At-Will: Mirror Image - Short standing cast, summons an illusion that uses macig missile to attack. Deals 10% of your normal damage, has 10% of your health, and generates extra threat towards itself. Limited to 1/2/3 images.

Encounter: Illusion Veil - Creates an illusory wall at the cast location, enemies passing through are dazed for 0.5/1/1.5 seconds and take minor damage over time. The wall is 6/8/10 ft. long, and lasts for 10 seconds.

Daily: Illusion of Horror - Stun enemies in a wide area around you for 2/2.5/3 seconds, after stun ends enemies move 15/30/45% slower and deal 10/20/30% less damage for 10 seconds.

Feature 1: Illusory Reaction - When hit, have a 25% chance to summon a Mirror Image. Can only trigger every 30/25/20 seconds.

Feature 2: Mind Break - When you crit, has a 1/2/3% chance to stun for 1s. Can only affect a target every 20s.

Feature 3: Shadow Regeneration - When one of your Mirror images is destroyed, you gain 2/4/6% of your max hit points.

Feat 1 (Oppressor Tree): Terrorize - Targets affected by Illusion of Horror deal and additional 1/2/3/4/5% less damage per rank, and it lasts 10/20/30/40/50% longer.

Feat 2 (Thaumaturge Tree): Reverse Psychology - Allies that pass through the Illusion Veil regenerate 1/2/3/4/5% of their maximum hit points, and deal 3/6/9/12/15% more damage for 10 seconds. Can only affect a target every 15 seconds.

Feat 3 (Renegade Tree): Sharper Images - Mirror Images are 20/40/60/80/100% more powerful, and when they crit you gain 2/4/6/8/10% crit severity for 5 seconds. Can only trigger every 20 seconds.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Illusion isn't a CW domain because it is a different build. According to 4e resource books, Wizard currently have four builds: Control Wizard, War Wizard, Illusionist Wizard, and Summoner Wizard. Illusionist Wizard was introduced in Arcane Power (a resource book), along with two paragon paths suit to it. And yeah, I would like to try this one, too.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not a regular here in the CW forums but I would like to chime in on this.

I agree with Ian. An Illusionist Wizard should not be a Paragon Path, it's too awesome to be a Paragon Path! :) It should be a whole new class, something with very different mechanics, with more tools to deceive foes, and abilities to kill others in interesting, non-"I will nuke you and you die now" ways. Sadly we'll have to go through the Warlock first before getting any news of the next one. Probably Druid but I'm hoping we get something else, would be great to either get the Illusionist or a striker/leader or defender/leader sort of class. More leaders would honestly be great.

But Illusionists are something I really would love to see.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'll roll an Illusionist Wizard if I get to share the Red Wizard Illusionist audio. Who doesn't enjoy being a large ham?

Every time you use your Daily:

"You've found me...OR HAVE YOU?!?"
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• almireldignoralmireldignor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If illusionist could be introduced as a full class instead, that would be amazing, but sine it is a separate class as stated before, it probably won't get introduced as a paragon path :( Maybe someday then, once we've got warlocks and druids and whatever.
  • lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I wish they made a healing paragon path for mages that functioned like Chloromancer Mages in Rift did.
  • harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    With illusionist npc's in the game already (i hate fighting them cus i cant be one :() and all these awesome titles like Conjurer and Illusionist. Makes me really sad to see the CW got its useless and none controll path of fire.. (what where they thinking?) I'm fine with Ice its alot of controll.. but i dont understand why its core abilites isnt based on illusions which seems to be a sure controller class in the 4e edition. If they don't add more to the CW and they don't **** up the Warlock, i'll be moving on to that one as soon as its out.

EDIT: So just got the Renegade illusionist companion from the arc promotion... way to tease us more Cryptic? Now it's not only a NPC it's actually a companion with tangeable skills... i want this as a playable class so bad. :(
    edited February 2014
    harkin wrote: »
    With illusionist npc's in the game already (i hate fighting them cus i cant be one :() and all these awesome titles like Conjurer and Illusionist. Makes me really sad to see the CW got its useless and none controll path of fire.. (what where they thinking?) I'm fine with Ice its alot of controll.. but i dont understand why its core abilites isnt based on illusions which seems to be a sure controller class in the 4e edition. If they don't add more to the CW and they don't **** up the Warlock, i'll be moving on to that one as soon as its out.

EDIT: So just got the Renegade illusionist companion from the arc promotion... way to tease us more Cryptic? Now it's not only a NPC it's actually a companion with tangeable skills... i want this as a playable class so bad. :(
    Agreed, and the new companion should theoretically be available on the foundry, so we can at least have them in there. :(
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think schools of magic could be added as a CW special skill.
    For every player who managed to finish Dread Ring, would be given the opportunity to choose a school. Based on this school, the player would evolve a new range of epic powers. Being the basic powers of control, and the school epic .
    Could also take advantage of this to allow the CW could use more spells (holding shift, as it was in Neverwinter Nights), or allow certain spells had mastery without putting in the TAB.

The other classes could also have epic options involve Sharandar and Dread Ring.
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Some good ideas! However, I think there could be more to an Illusionist than just mirror images, which you've got lots of focus on. I guess it depends if you want to include phantasm magic as part of illusion magic ( << 2nd ed player here :) )

I really like the Illusion Veil idea. Controlling the battleground creates game, especially in PvP.

Other ideas:
    Change Self - make your character appear like a different class
    Phantom Steed (encounter) - replace your summon horse, and it can move at 50%/60%/70% speed
    Invisibility (encounter) - a slightly worse quality rogue's stealth.
    Spook (encounter) - A temporary repel like effect, playing on the target's worse fear
    Shadow Door (encounter) - long range teleport in a straight line
    Illusionary growth (at will) - makes the target bigger, but also slows them. Why? Helps your team co-ordinate and target the same enemy! Channel like Ray of Frost up to 30% size and 30% slow.
    edited February 2014
    davecheese wrote: »
    Some good ideas! However, I think there could be more to an Illusionist than just mirror images, which you've got lots of focus on. I guess it depends if you want to include phantasm magic as part of illusion magic ( << 2nd ed player here :) )

I really like the Illusion Veil idea. Controlling the battleground creates game, especially in PvP.

Other ideas:
    Change Self - make your character appear like a different class
    Phantom Steed (encounter) - replace your summon horse, and it can move at 50%/60%/70% speed
    Invisibility (encounter) - a slightly worse quality rogue's stealth.
    Spook (encounter) - A temporary repel like effect, playing on the target's worse fear
    Shadow Door (encounter) - long range teleport in a straight line
    Illusionary growth (at will) - makes the target bigger, but also slows them. Why? Helps your team co-ordinate and target the same enemy! Channel like Ray of Frost up to 30% size and 30% slow.
    I like the ideas, but I don't think anyone would use the phantom steed unless there was a use to it, and it went as fast as other mounts. Maybe when you get dismounted you turn invisible?
  • harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I don't want to involve PvP as something to base a class around, PVP shouldnt even be in this game, its only here to adhere to the mmo crowd that has to have PVP in every game. Some nifty ideas though. Also, why would anyone waste a precious encounter slot on a mount? :S At least make it better then a regular mount then else its worthless.
  • davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The stats of the mount were less important than the idea.. but an invisible mount is quite cool (both of you are invisible).
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    From what I have read here, an Illusionist paragon path would be very PvP oriented : self survivability.

For the new path I would see more a Shadow mage that use Shadowfell energy than an Illusionist. Both aren't incompatible in fact.