test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So now that Impact Shot is getting NERFED, what will you use?

corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Im thinking ItC, Lashing, and shadow strike

I found it funny that they decide to nerf it in the same patch that they decide to increase everyone's defenses significantly. Its like a double whammy.
I know ppl will give me a hard time about using lashing, but I need a least 1 dps encounter. I mean, what good is the
pseudo max single target dps class without any dps encounters?

Otherwise, nearly all TR damage will come from at-wills. But honestly, that's what the devs want. They want it so that it takes 3minutes to kill someone..... kinda defeats the point of having an assassin class.
Post edited by corpsemaker86 on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I already use lashing, ITC and SS. IS hasn't been on my rotation for a while now.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    IS is still good to kick them off horse.
    I thought only the stealth shot from IS was nerfed.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    I thought only the stealth shot from IS was nerfed.
    • Trickster Rogue
      • Impact Shot: Power was capable of dealing too much damage from a safe distance. Rather than flat out reducing damage overall, each shot now gains bonus damage based on how many charges remain. Deals around 33% less damage if all shots are used back to back, but with full charges, the first shot is the same damage as before.
    Source.

No.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I stick to Blitz and Shadow Strike for my ranged attacks. Haven't used IS in a long time.
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ironically, I think the impact of this will just push people to moan about our other array of skills.

"How did that TR keep teleporting to me?"
    "How can that TR keep stunning me?"
    "Why aren't my skills working?"
    "Wtf happened to my defense?"

This actually promotes further stealth, so prepare for more sneaky rogues with peeps dropping IS for SS etc.. Or TR's taking back LB which they swapped out for IS originally.

Bottom line is, it's not that bad, we still have alot of choices.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Path of the blade 100%. Same SS, ITC

-Helps fight/reveal other sheathed rouges or HRs
    -Doesn't need targeting/cant really be dodged (unless you are using it to force them off point to get a cap)
    -Doesn't crit, so crit suppression wouldn't affect how much damage its doing compared to now
    -Can still hit while you are prone/CC-ed
    -Can be viable for burst-like damage if used from stealth rather than out of stealth
    -Makes lots of pretty numbers when used with duelist and bilethorn
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's interesting how people perceived HRs to be squishy. The squishy ones that you describe are probably archery spec, who will be getting out of your PoB before using aimshot anyway. I'm a HR, been using Nature spec for a long time and recently combat spec, and I find PoB to be not that effective against me.

There are a few other skills that are little bit more effective against HRs, but maybe less so against other classes. So maybe switch your skills around based on who you're fighting, instead of just going autopilot with the same skills.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    Path of The Blade is all but useless as you progress into the upper end of PvP. It is especially useless against TR's sporting Barkshield. Revealing opponents is nice and all but you need to put a dent in them.

That said, Path of The Blade absolutely ruins HRs. They are squishy and it interrupts their ability to hurt you from a distance. So if you have two TRs on your team, one of you should be using Path.

All of this means nothing until the new Mod goes live. I.S. will still be a good ability and I think a lot of TRs are going to start experimenting outside of the Executioner path.

I did 1v1s with Blacksheep, Keltzor, and Jerkface, using PoTB. They were all using impact shot initially, but when they swapped out to try it as well we came to the conclusion that it was more effective against TRs 1v1 than impact shot. However, they still didn't like it because it lacked burst damage for fighting non-TRs. However in my opinion, it still has very large damage and can be pseudo burst when used from stealth. This is in addition to it being less mitigated than other skills because it already does not crit, and aside from the fact that impact shot is also getting a direct damage nerf in addition.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    godlysoul1 wrote: »
    I did 1v1s with Blacksheep, Keltzor, and Jerkface, using PoTB. They were all using impact shot initially, but when they swapped out to try it as well we came to the conclusion that it was more effective against TRs 1v1 than impact shot. However, they still didn't like it because it lacked burst damage for fighting non-TRs. However in my opinion, it still has very large damage and can be pseudo burst when used from stealth. This is in addition to it being less mitigated than other skills because it already does not crit, and aside from the fact that impact shot is also getting a direct damage nerf in addition.

But don't those guys use Tenes too?

PotB + (G.)Tenes is (or was) very different animal than just PotB.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'll use what I used before 60th. Either dazing strike or deft strike. It will depend on the party.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Keep using IS, but this time use it at a slower pace, more carefully timed shots, and more careful ammunition count management so you don't spam it for lower effect.

Problem solved.

Heck, Impact Shot is easymode anyway.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    The pushback if you need to create a small amount of space and the ability to interrupt from a distance still makes this very worth while
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    fondlez wrote: »
    But don't those guys use Tenes too?

PotB + (G.)Tenes is (or was) very different animal than just PotB.

Nope, silver enchants are used for better stealth rotation.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't do pvp, always thought of impact shot as a pile of garbage skill for pve.

Guess I'll hate it even more.
  • nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    IMO nerfing IS is bad idea. First of all, they should fix it (mini stuns from non stealthed IS) then we could go further. This is only ranged attack to protect yourself against ranged class (CW/DC/HR). With no gap closer... well, yeah it will be hard to play, but i will adapt. And i mean i just go back to lashing. Yeah, IS is kinda OP with vorp, but they should just add cooldown between charges, maybe 1-2 sec, and it will be fine. And now, when tenacity will be introduced, and IS nerfed (hitting with is for what? 2k :) ) mostly people will get back to lashing... good job. Most good TR stopped using this. I'm waiting for 'i got one shotted, pls nerf LB' topics :)
  • f2pnwf2pnw Member Posts: 98
    edited January 2014
    nem3ziss wrote: »
    IMO nerfing IS is bad idea. First of all, they should fix it (mini stuns from non stealthed IS) then we could go further. This is only ranged attack to protect yourself against ranged class (CW/DC/HR). With no gap closer... well, yeah it will be hard to play, but i will adapt. And i mean i just go back to lashing. Yeah, IS is kinda OP with vorp, but they should just add cooldown between charges, maybe 1-2 sec, and it will be fine. And now, when tenacity will be introduced, and IS nerfed (hitting with is for what? 2k :) ) mostly people will get back to lashing... good job. Most good TR stopped using this. I'm waiting for 'i got one shotted, pls nerf LB' topics :)

i tested it a bit i had low as 1,3 non crit on test dolls.
    and 3k crits on last charge.that is with pvorpal.
    best i had was first charge 7 to 8k(crits) folowing 4 to 5k(crit). i had done 3 non crits for less then 5k lol.even single cloud of steel charge can do more then impact.
    so yeah it doesnt look good coz that numbers can easy drop to half against some classes.actually its way better dmg atm without any enchants.
    maybe whisperknife becomes more viable
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    f2pnw wrote: »
    i tested it a bit i had low as 1,3 non crit on test dolls.
    and 3k crits on last charge.that is with pvorpal.
    best i had was first charge 7 to 8k(crits) folowing 4 to 5k(crit). i had done 3 non crits for less then 5k lol.even single cloud of steel charge can do more then impact.
    so yeah it doesnt look good coz that numbers can easy drop to half against some classes.actually its way better dmg atm without any enchants.
    maybe whisperknife becomes more viable

Rather, it would seem TRs would now have to really practice more risky melee fights, since the safety of nuking down a target with IS when visible, would be much less effective. At least, being less reliant on its damage/staying power seems to be on the menu.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'