test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Player Having Trouble with Ability Scores Hunter Ranger (New Char)

maliken121maliken121 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
Hello i have read some guides on what the best Ability scores New character Stats should be

I plan on playing a Wood Elf so that means i can pick between these

Hard DPS Roll 20Dex 15Wis 13Str This gives 27Dex 22Wis 16Str Buffed
Balanced DPS Roll 18Dex 15Wis 15Str This Gives 25 Dex/22 Wis/ 18str Buffed
Even Wis/Dex Build 18Dex 18Wis 12Str This gives 25Dex 25Wis and 14Str Buffed
High Int Build Roll 17 Dex 14 Wis 14 INT Put every thing in Wis and Int for 20 Dex 21 Wis and 21Int 16Str Buffed

I Think that i want to play as the 18 dex 18 wis 12 str Would that be a bad pick? i just don't want mess up my Hunter Ranger because i am planning to do PVP end game and PVE end game i just want to Min Max my Character the best way possible

I know that Dex is my primary that gives me increased Damage and i know that Wisdom is my 2nd most primary stat and it gives me crit But how important is STR i know it increases stamina regen but what does "Resistance Ignored" do and is it important for a Archery Hunter Ranger?

So that being said i want to do the Even wis/dex build 18 dex 18 wis and 12 str would that mess up anything or do i need more STR or any other stats I am New Player and need help!

"This is Starting Stats New Char Ability Scores"
Post edited by maliken121 on

Comments

• Options
    maerwinmaerwin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Resistance Ignored is the same thing as Armor Penetration. As our gear comes with tons of Armor Penetration, Strength is pretty useless for PvE, as mostly, it will just push you over the cap (my character sits at 31% just from Royal Guard set and weapon set). It is good in PvP, but you can always just get one or two Dark Enchantments instead.

If I was starting my ranger anew, I would start with either 20/15/13 or 18/18/12 build. There's plenty of ways to get ArP, but hard not to overstack it with high strength.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMFGWPBN3 The Lost City - Review Thread
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hmmmm thanks! for the Reply and information Very helpful! So what about crit is it easier to get too with end game gear? i think ill probably go with the 18/18/12 build because i thought you needed some str according to voltomey HR guide he says "HR Main stat’s roll are DEX WIS STR as a HR you should have no more than 17 STR and at minimal you can live with having just 14 STR"

So if i wanted to PvE and PVP 18 dex / 18 wis / 12 str is very good if i want to min max my character?
  • Options
    nescopternescopter Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    18/18/12 is the best way to go for either pvp/pve wise from what I read. Check out the guide below. It is a real help.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?540851-Hunter-Ranger-Guide
    [SIGPIC]image.php?u=41206476&type=sigpic&dateline=1390642685[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for the reply and yes thats the guide i was looking at nobody really says what the best is but i just assumed and did some math myself and i thought 18/18/12 is the best way only reason why i am having doubts is because he says this "HR Main stat’s roll are DEX WIS STR as a HR you should have no more than 17 STR and at minimal you can live with having just 14 STR"

But he also says you can live with having just 14 str what he means is that if you go 18/18/12 you get this for stats at 60 im assuming its at 60 ( Even Wis/Dex Build 18Dex 18Wis 12Str This gives 25Dex 25Wis and 14Str Buffed ) and i have been told STR gives you some what of a armour pen and the gear that HR get has a ton of armour pen on it already so i shouldn't have to worry

So if i wanted to min max my char do you guys think 18/18/12 is the best way? i am a wood elf so i get +2 dex and +2 wis
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Personally I recommend rolling for 17, 13, 13, 11, 11,10 for a Wood Elf with the 10 in Con.

Without campfire this gives you;
    Str 15
    Con 12
    Dex 25
    Int 13
    Wis 21
    Cha 13
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    nescopternescopter Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You're very welcome and obsidiancran3 that is what I tried to roll but got 18 instead lol. My starting con was I believe either 10 or 11.
    [SIGPIC]image.php?u=41206476&type=sigpic&dateline=1390642685[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    There is no best stats rolls tbh it all depends on what build and race your going for
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I went with 18dex/18wis/12str will i be ok for end game PvE and PvP? and i just put 2 points in for ability scores 1 in dex and 1 in wis so i have 19dex/19wis/12str and 10 int 10 con and 10 cha

hopefully i did not make any mistakes

I am a wood elf btw
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You are ok.

But instead of pushing your Wis to 24 (25 with Campfire) you might want to put a point in each of Con, Int and Cha.

You'll end up with;
    Str 14
    Con 13
    Dex 24
    Int 13
    Wis 21
    Cha 13

Its 1% faster recharge, combat advantage damage and 2% more HP. Considering Crit chance is fairly easy to build it might be worth the tradoff, it depends on how you are going to spec and play.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for the reply obsidian very helpful! and i plan on playing archery HR are those stats better than maxing out dex and wis for my build?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If you are going Archery then Correcting Aim will make up the 3% lost Crit without a problem in end game, so the build I suggest will be a bit more flexible.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok thank you for the very helpful information! my current stats are

20 dex / 20 wis / 13 str and my other stats are 11 int / 11 cha / 11 con

I am wondering how important is Int and Cha for Archery HRs?

so my current stats are not bad? i did not mess up?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    No your stats are fine.

Int affects recharge speed. So 14 Int gives a 4% reduction in recharge times and 13 gives 3%.

Cha affects combat advantage damage. So 14 Cha gives you a 4% damage buff when you have Combat Advantage. You can get CA using Aspect of the Pack Wolf and staying within a suitable range of a team mate (including your Companions) or things like a CW may be granting it regulalry as well.

So you can choose; more crit chance or you can drop points into Int/Cha/Con to tweak your performance a bit (Int and Cha as above, Con means less squishiness of course).
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok thanks for all your help and information its much appreciated! :)