test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 Steps forward 3 Steps back...

baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Just how im feeling at the moment with the totally out of sync gear scores & stats..

You would figure that one of the goals of the game would be to gradually improve your toon from his early 'green' days on through those first decent blues and finally up to the good T1 & T2 gear.

BUT

Its just not working out that way:/
At level 60 i kitted myself out in blues just to get through the modules and then start running dungeons for gear, but on inspection there is hardly any point at all.
The blues make the T1 gear obsolete from the get go, not a single piece can offer a cumulative stat increase against these blues. Not to mention the first quest for a HR in sharandar you get an armour piece with +10AC, something which even their T2 gear doesnt have (yes yes I know overall the T2 will be better but still silly none the less).

So moving on to the T2's, ive got some mighty fine T2 Forest gear on right now but even with stat increases & higher ranked enchants etc the GS is dropping as is the attack/healing rating..
Something is really wrong with the gear setup for the HR, its just all over the place with zero consistency at all.

With all my other toons I kind of felt like I was progressing somewhere but coming back into the game to try the HR an something just doesnt feel right:/
Post edited by baronvonboom on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    True, but the primary advantage of Tier 2 (and even Tier 1) sets is actually in the set bonuses which can be extremely useful. Also base weapon damage is the most important factor in a character's DPS and (AFAIK) all Purple weapons have higher base damage than any blue weapon for the same class.

So while your GS score may not increase, your actual performance does.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Even with the 2/4 bonus on a T1 set I would still be down overall in stats, although I agree the 4/4 bonus is good im not taking that into consideration as its not a fixed figure addition or anything, x% chance to stun etc etc

In regards to the weapon dps, that hasnt changed since 60 ive been using the purp Delzoun bow +Brilliant enchant. So even with that already in place + me adding T2 gear into the mix with better enchants my GS/Rating has dropped:/
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They just forgot to nerf the stats of blue HR gear.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    They just forgot to nerf the stats of blue HR gear.

Well it seems so...;)
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    While your gear score might take a slight hit when moving into a full tiered set (4 piece), the added 4 piece set bonus can do wonders with the right set/build. I had a dual 2 piece set bonus on my CW while I was working toward my 4 piece HV set, and when I finally got all four pieces, my gearscore took a hit, but my dps and overall effectiveness jumped.

So, don't get too caught up in gearscore in and of itself.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What twstdecho said. There is a lot more to gear then GS everyone puts too much into that score and really as long as you have enough to gain entry into all the DD's it doesn't matter as much as what your stats / other benefits bring to your build. I see it very often in T2's where the highest GS isn't even in the top 3 for the DPS charts etc...