test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are treasure drops useful in crafting?

cohrockcohrock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Occasional drops are labeled as "treasure". If it has no note saying it may be useful later (as some do), should they be sold immediately? I've received things like "inscription ring" and "plain flower" which sound like they might have a purpose in crafting by one of my professionals. I'm hesitant to just sell them, but my bags get full.
-- Rich
Post edited by cohrock on

Comments

• Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    It would be more accurately labeled as "garbage"...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No, just sell them for gold.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They are vendor trash. Good rule of thumb, if the item is a "grey rimmed" item there is no current in game use other than vendoring. White rimmed has a use but not much, green,blue and purple all have increasingly more value.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anything called "Treasure" is basically useless to you as the player. It is intended solely to be sold to vendors.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    You could put on a pirate hat, bury the treasure and draw a map, perhaps. :p
  • Options
    cohrockcohrock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for the replies. The one treasure I have which seems to be more than "sell-only" is a Thayan Relic Fragment. It is colored green. The text for it says to take to Fadime Zatar in the Dread Ring. She apparantly will barter for it.
    -- Rich
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Those are valuable, she will give you scrolls and scrip for it and you can use those for Dread Ring Boons, to get the VT key, and to make better Gauntlets.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep, grey border = worthless vendor trash.

What really annoys me, however, is what kind of acid-trip were they on when they "appraised" the "treasure" items.

I mean really -- "Common Flower" 75cp; great, let me just get my FIVE "Giant Golden Pearls" @ 15cp to buy a flower.

Or let me get those TEN "Faceted Blue Diamonds" to buy a "Flawed Sapphire" 6sp;

Seriously? At least TRY to have "reasonable" prices -- it just looks like random words put in a randomizer and assigned a value from 1cp to 6sp.

Really fosters that role-playability.

<meme removed per RoC>
  • Options
    silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Trash and what a shame to all the hoarders out there. If the devs wanted to they could find a practical method to utilize those pieces of vendor garbage.

Labyrinth+Junk+Lady.jpg
    "Sometimes it goes too far!!"