test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cold Steel Hurricaine - Is it broken?

darwinsdogdarwinsdog Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
I've used this ability a few times, and it doesn't seem to have any effect at all. Am I just using it wrong? Is it truly worthless, or just not very good?
Post edited by darwinsdog on

Comments

• Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well its always been like it is, so its not broken just worthless.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Dunno, I've never put a point in it I used it in preview when ranger was new there; but it didn't seem to have any use for me and when ranger went live I just ignored it. Disruptive is so much better to me.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Yanno.. ES was like that until I forced myself to use it and I found a use for it. I like ES range and love Clear the ground. My next respec, I'll try out SH. Although it's not a point enough for me to use my AD to get it. I'm saving to try and get a decent armor enchant. Being poor sucks. :(
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    Yanno.. ES was like that until I forced myself to use it and I found a use for it. I like ES range and love Clear the ground. My next respec, I'll try out SH. Although it's not a point enough for me to use my AD to get it. I'm saving to try and get a decent armor enchant. Being poor sucks. :(

ha ha, agreed I'm poor as hell too. I might test extensively it on preview tomorrow because of free respec see if its any good on nature or archer and I'm curious as to if it's totally useless or if I'm just being biased.

I'll report findings here if I get to it.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been using it. It hits.

the problem is it uses up a full 100% AP.

The attack hits less than disruptive shot but to every target in front and slows. I think that should be boosted.

( I am not sure if it can hit the same target(s) more than once however. )
  • Options
    terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It only hits each target once. I thought it'd be a stationary storm with a duration and the low damage would be per tic, but it's actually more like using forest ghost only not getting the stealth and using up twice as much AP.

Or maybe I used it wrong the one time I tried it before rolling my eyes and taking it off my power bar forever. :P
  • Options
    hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure how to answer this... it's not broken though. It's... just that bad.