test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My lvl 45 GWF in 40-49 PvP

suckatash1suckatash1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
My GWF was decent in PvP from level 10-39. I was able to kill and constantly put pressure on other players. I was having fun. I get to level 40 PvP and it all changed. I am cc'd so much that I can't get any closer than 30 feet away from target. If a CW and a HR are on me, I lose complete control over my toon until I die. Am I out geared? Is this just the fate I will have as a GWF against certain classes? The only time I feel in complete control of my toon is with Unstoppable up.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Get to 60 first.
    GWF is beyond fine
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    suckatash1 wrote: »
    I get to level 40 PvP and it all changed. I am cc'd so much that I can't get any closer than 30 feet away from target. If a CW and a HR are on me, I lose complete control over my toon until I die. Am I out geared? Is this just the fate I will have as a GWF against certain classes? The only time I feel in complete control of my toon is with Unstoppable up.

No, there are some debuffs and ccs that Unstoppable will not counter.
    But otherwise yes, the gwf is a sacrificial lamb in pvp. When you see posts about "gwf king of pvp" it always refers to a certain type of gwf with a certain type of equipment. The regular gwf is not especially good in pvp.
    With this said, at level 40 you are also at the wrong end of the 40-49 bracket, which does not help
    English is not my first language.