test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Queue Issues

kaiuscormerekaiuscormere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
So the Dungeon Queue...It's great that a group inside the dungeon can replace people.

Unfortunately there are a number of issues -

a 4 man team wants to 4 man it, kicks whoever joins, and continues kicking whoever joins, wasting a bunch of people's time.

the dungeon is abandoned because a gate is bugged, and people keep getting pulled into it, wander around a while, and a cycle of wasting people's time continues along with bogging up the queue for that dungeon.

There should be a prompt asking existing group members if they WANT a replacement.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kaiuscormerekaiuscormere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    Also the dungeon queue should not PULL more people into a dungeon until it has enough people to FILL the existing group.
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The queue should always put 5 people together in a fresh instance. Replacements should be by request only. You lose somebody, whether by kicking them, they DC, or whatever, the party can then agree to seek a replacement and they should also be able to choose class.

I know I'm tired of appearing in the beginning, middle, or end of empty dungeons. I once popped into CN after everyone was done and gone, I guess the instance was still open. I don't like popping in during boss battles, I'll kick myself!

But now that I have joined a guild I hope those days are over.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also, groups should be able to invite someone into the party and have a way to get that person into their dungeon.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They should let you bring two teams into a dungeon if the team is having a hard time progressing.
  • killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So the Dungeon Queue...It's great that a group inside the dungeon can replace people.

Unfortunately there are a number of issues -

a 4 man team wants to 4 man it, kicks whoever joins, and continues kicking whoever joins, wasting a bunch of people's time.

the dungeon is abandoned because a gate is bugged, and people keep getting pulled into it, wander around a while, and a cycle of wasting people's time continues along with bogging up the queue for that dungeon.

There should be a prompt asking existing group members if they WANT a replacement.

And if a group kicks you, it shouldn't constantly re-add you to the same group over and over.

I'd say if a group kicks 2 or more folks in a 5 minute period it should not send anyone to that group anymore.