test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hacked.

jeehadecjeehadec Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello! I have been hacked about 4-5 days ago , 2 days ago i place the ticket about this problem on support.
https://support.perfectworld.com/
but 2 days nobody answer. So the question is: where i can find help about my problem? Tnx
Post edited by jeehadec on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I recently put in a ticket to support and it took them 5 or 6 days to reply so all you can do is just wait , there's noting that anybody here can do to help you .
  • jeehadecjeehadec Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tnx for advice
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well. I can eliminate one place you won't find help.

Here on the forums. There's nothing anyone can do except tell you to stop using the same email and password combination for every MMO or shady internet site. Or stop downloading stuff from sites that offer cheats, hacks or other illicit game modifications. Chances are you probably just downloaded a keylogger with that program. Short of it is, you didn't get hacked. Your account got compromised.

No one sat at a computer running some sophistication algorithm against your account until they cracked your password. And there's nothing anyone here can do.

However, good luck getting your account issue resolved.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    It's true on-one here can help. But it's also NOT true that people who get hacked are at fault.

It happened to me between 23/12 and 24/12. I have NEVER given my password out to ANYONE, do not use any shady sites, never download cheats or mods (not even for games like Skyrim), and have up to date anti-virus and anti-malware. Also, support eventually got back to me after three or four days but were unable to help. Would/could not do a rollback on my characters either.

It is my opinion that security in this game is therefore weak and I have no spent a penny on it since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's disturbing me that so many people got hacked recently. Getting quite paranoid when you see some good friends from the game getting hacked
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Well. I can eliminate one place you won't find help.

Here on the forums.

But he DID get help. Someone else told him it might take 5-6 days to hear back, and to be patient. All he needed was to know that expected time frame!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Unfortunately, this cannot be handled at the forum level. You'll have to be patient and wait on a response from support.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.