test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do high gs players not know the mechanics of certain boss fights

rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in The Temple
This is more of a rant than anything really.

I ran with a group for FH last night. I have healed that instance a million times and know it well. Things went bad and of course my healing was blamed,,,,to which i said, i cant heal with the whole room on me....why was no one kiting the adds, and why were the archers left up. The fight is simple if someone kites, and ppl pay attention to the archers... Just really grinds my gears when i run with ppl with 13k gs and don't have a clue on the mechanics of certain fights and waste my time..
Post edited by rnewton8 on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is why I always clarify boss tactics before Leeroying in.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    GS has nothing to do with skill or tactics.

FH endboss: you need to at least know who is kiting adds, or if you are using some kind of aoe zergfest, and Cleric has always been one of the prime kiters for that boss. For all the rest of the group knew, it was you meant to be kiting if there is no GF in the group and since you kite by using healing for aggro, then as far as they are concerned your healing can be blamed.
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah as stated above clerics are good kiters for the last boss in FH, but indeed it should be declared clearly who kite and who takes down archers.

Other than that I can mostly feel you; I haven't ran many times as a healer with people who almost like run off a cliff and blame you for not keeping them alive, but when I see some when playing my other toons, I usually defend the clerics because some people are so ignorant about their own lack of skills and concentration that they blame, whatever happens, the healer.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forum rule 3.01. :)
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You realize that it's very easy to have a bloated GS thanks to items like Hrimnir's or Iliyanbruen Ancestral gear.
    Because of that GS is really more of a guideline. You can't blame people who just got lucky grinding Sharandar/Dread Ring for not knowing how a T2 final boss battle is supposed to go, for example.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They forget the Responsibility rule, "If they die, it's their fault. If they don't die, it's somebody else who revived or healed them. Oh, and if you revive another character and then die - it's part of the game. (happens to me occasionally)"
    metaplexus wrote: »
    Yeah as stated above clerics are good kiters for the last boss in FH, but indeed it should be declared clearly who kite and who takes down archers.

Other than that I can mostly feel you; I haven't ran many times as a healer with people who almost like run off a cliff and blame you for not keeping them alive, but when I see some when playing my other toons, I usually defend the clerics because some people are so ignorant about their own lack of skills and concentration that they blame, whatever happens, the healer.
  • Options
    thralgafthralgaf Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forget gear score. How does a CW get to level 59 and not know how to control mobs? Just got done with DV normal with a CW That used ray of frost ONLY the entire dungeon.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thralgaf wrote: »
    Forget gear score. How does a CW get to level 59 and not know how to control mobs? Just got done with DV normal with a CW That used ray of frost ONLY the entire dungeon.

Solo leveling does a very poor job of preparing new players to properly select and use powers in dungeons. While in retrospect it seems like a matter of common sense, I've seen many new CWs hit lvl 60 while still rocking Entangling Force in an encounter slot or Repel just for the heck of it (though I admit to slotting Repel in Tab for the Yshiggol fight when doing normal DV solo :P).
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rnewton8 wrote: »
    This is more of a rant than anything really.

I ran with a group for FH last night. I have healed that instance a million times and know it well. Things went bad and of course my healing was blamed,,,,to which i said, i cant heal with the whole room on me....why was no one kiting the adds, and why were the archers left up. The fight is simple if someone kites, and ppl pay attention to the archers... Just really grinds my gears when i run with ppl with 13k gs and don't have a clue on the mechanics of certain fights and waste my time..
    Frozen Heart is hardly the most popular Dungeon out there lol. My main is 15,3k Cleric and yes ages ago I did Frozen Heart, but don't remember a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about endboss fight in Frozen Heart.

Most popular EPIC Dungeons are perhaps: Valindras Tower, Castle Malabog, Castle Never and Temple of Spider if speaking of hard challenge Dungeons. Finally I like also PvP and not like to do every T2 dungeon on regular basis.

Every player with high gs certainly does not do lots of T2 Dungeons. Oh and I am 100% free player, but it is not rare that some players use credit card to buy zen and buys with zen AD.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just... Depressing.

The items mentioned above in this threat actually are good if used properly :s. Not for boosting gs.

That said I had the misfortune of joining a group in fh on my gf. I kited perfectly, then ran in there and died instantly. While leveling most people don't learn that red circles are bad... :(
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    frozen heart end boss is one of those that don't realy need DC...
    in order to help the group I kill the archers (daunting light)
    debuff the boss (I like break the spirit so I can use it to remove annoying adds as well)
    and heal the GF (healing word, but you gain so much divinity that you can heal directly with soothing light and get another debuf or formaster flame to heal the DPS chacters on the bosss)

but again, I never did it without a GF, the adds are realy tough on the last boss
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    plavia wrote: »
    frozen heart end boss is one of those that don't realy need DC...
    in order to help the group I kill the archers (daunting light)
    debuff the boss (I like break the spirit so I can use it to remove annoying adds as well)
    and heal the GF (healing word, but you gain so much divinity that you can heal directly with soothing light and get another debuf or formaster flame to heal the DPS chacters on the bosss)

but again, I never did it without a GF, the adds are realy tough on the last boss

I prefer to do it with a GF just because the threat is overall better controlled, but it's fairly simple to do as a DC tank as well. Where it starts to take extra time is when a group member accidentally targets something they shouldn't or uses AoE powers by mistake, because they start to attract their own conga lines of adds and have to waste time evading red circles.

It does seem to be marginally less boring on DC, though. When you're playing the tank role for this fight, at least you can entertain yourself by throwing out Astral Seals on Hrimnir and nearby archers or throwing down an Astral Shield now and then as you skate around the room. GFs just have to mark stray adds once in a while and try not to fall asleep before the fight's over.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014

I find CWs like that all the time (or the ones who love to stand in red then blame the rest of the group when they die), it's why I hate pugging.

The highlight for me so far was a TR I ran into in pvp last night, killed them 7 times when they were tring to backcap and got accused of hacking. How does someone manage to get to 60 and get decently geared out without realizing that you can see a TR in stealth if you get close to them?
  • Options
    getmeontvgetmeontv Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i have 12.5 k GS and have only ever run 2 T2 dungeons. In both someone outlined the fight in 3 lines in the outside campfire and where a cake walk.

t1 PVP gear with a little supplement from the auction house and trinkets will get you gear score without doing dungeons.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Funny. I'm using ray of frost with mine. With storm spell, it does more damage than magic missile. :rolleyes: