test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game performance

kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Anyoe else having issues lately?

Ever since the last module has been released I have noticed a huge decrease in game performance. I am getting a ton of alerts lately of high CPU usage that I never had before. Prior to shadowmantle I was able to run all dungeons on the top settings for graphics with few problems (except that one spot with 2 dryders in TOS after 1st fireplace) Now anytime I run a dungeon I have to put on lowest settings to get a decent framerate. Anyone experience this or know of any fixes?
Post edited by kelleton on

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nope, runs fine for me on max settings.

Though the game was nightmarishly choppy when I played it for the first time. My window wasn't maximized.
  • Options
    h0p3ih0p3i Member Posts: 66
    edited January 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Nope, runs fine for me on max settings.

Though the game was nightmarishly choppy when I played it for the first time. My window wasn't maximized.

The game engine getting more and more slow every time.
    Nowadays I'm happy if I see 60fps, most of the time its around 40.
    Too many fps spikes, HUGE fps lags when I cast a spell, in pvp and in party its really choppy sometimes.
    The extra effects non-optimized or buggy I assume and this causing the issue.

-I dont use antialiasing
    -max lights per objects 2, shadowed 1
    -max phisics debris objects 15
    -bloom quality off, intensity 50%
    -no DoF

I only try to set the game to make visibility as high as possible and model quality and texture quality, along with high quality effects (but I probably have to tone the effects down since those messing up the fps badly).

My config:
    BTW I got I7 920@4Ghz, 12GB 1800Mhz DDR3, HD6990 4gb DDR5 Ram (dual gpu VGA), Creative Sound Blaster X-fi 5.1 pro surround external sound card, 128GB SSD, 3x250GB HDD (all three in raid), Windows 7 64bit, latest whql drivers... I play every games on high quality, usually 2xAA, in 1920*1200, no issues (if the game is not <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or not a beta game and properly coded).

BOTTOM LINE: if a BF3 runs on high quality on my machine then this game should as well. This baby should take all that you push through it, yet the game got terrible fps spikes and lag
  • Options
    stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    The graphics smoothness have degraded in quality by a huge amount since Module 2 went live. My system is way overspecced for this game and the game itself recommends max settings but the graphics lag when rotating the camera is insane.

I've wondered if they're optimizing for Nvidia and those of us with ATI cards are getting shafted a bit. I'm running two ATI cards crossfired together. Before Module 2 it ran really well. Module 2 arrives and immediately it turned to Beagle poo.

I had thought it was some kind of weird issue with loading graphics when rotating the camera. I moved the game from an ordinary 7200rpm HDD to an SDD and it improved slightly. I thought it was fixed but it was quickly shown to be still really bad. So not that then.

I've had to massively turn down the settings but the one that seemed to make the biggest difference was the lighting quality. I can't be bothered to faff around with every minute setting. Tbh that's the job of the developers.

The control of the game when windowing is dreadful. Its very clunky and when switching often changes the game into a very lumpy low rez setting. Also, when switching resolutions, the mouse cursor often goes off target and to click on something you need to move the mouse to the left of what you are trying to click on to make it work.

All this points to some pretty rotten code in the graphics modules of the game.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • Options
    silence78silence78 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All I know is, that every time they patch, my game gets worse. Lagging, rubberbanding, freezing up in combat & all sorts. Even had my ranger shooting backwards over his shoulder at one stage, or the fact that monsters can shoot around corners & hit me before they even swing their weapons. So let down by this game that I cannot wait for E.S.O (elder scrolls online) The moment that is released this game goes where it belongs now, in the trash.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have 1x GPU and run a 3 monitor display (5000x1000 resolution) and things are smooth for the most part on reasonably high settings.
    Thinking about getting another GPU for SLI though, cause why not?

For the guy who mentioned 'windowing': I've seen it recommended to not run this game in windowed modes; just roll fullscreen.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I can usually run fairly smoothly without issues, except in PE, there I rubberband about once a week until I transfer to a less populated instance. Dungeons are rarely a problem performance wise, however last night I was lagging really badly in Frozen Heart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Some system info - unable to run at high settings in a dungeon anymore without getting around 3-5 FPS

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: NY549AA-ABA p6230y
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/11/09 17:45:44 Ver: 5.03
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
    Page File: 6076MB used, 10289MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x68BE)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68BE&SUBSYS_29801682&REV_00
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1013 MB
    Shared Memory: 3082 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: IPS236
    Monitor Id: GSM580C
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1191 (English)
    Driver Version: 12.104.0.0
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/28/2013 18:37:02, 1155264 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x68BE
    SubSys ID: 0x29801682
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported