test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What gear should i start with

sinfected13sinfected13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
i recently got a lot of ad and was looking at the AH, i cant decide if i should go for a vorpal enchant, ancient trappers bow, or get some grand warden gear. i would like to hear some other opinions on where to start.

Or if i should just forget grand warden and get a different set or just different gear in general.

thanx

Xendrik
Post edited by sinfected13 on

Comments

• Options
    howitzer001howitzer001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Get the Mulhorand bow, off hand, and cloak. Then get yourself a perfect vorpal enchantment and go faceroll PVP while laughing all the way to 60.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.fusion-guild.org
    Sir Howitzer - GF | Howitzer - HR
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Depends on what you want to play, pve or pvp. What level you are and what spec you are.

If leveling up, then you're welcome to follow what Howitzer said. It'll work. However, more information will help a lot for us helping you. :)
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Yep for gear at 60, just make sure you get the set your class or build needs to compete.

Theres one where 20% of the time when at wills crit; you do 1k-2k more damage with encounters. I use this one on my archer and its great with clear the ground and elec shot and split shot and its probably just as good with melee. (I wouldn't know, I don't have a melee one)

One that gives -30% on cool downs. Anyone can use this.

And another that gives buffs highest stat a 500 stat buff when you buff (obviously for nature)
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    The Mulho cloak is useless imo, get the bow and blades then use the Cloak of the Forest Guardian or Larethan (sp?) until you get to the high 40s then switch to a regen neck.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What I did is i bought the hrimnir set, frostpelt girdle and shirt and pants.

Then i used whatever blue stuff i had until I farmed my royal guard set - which i think is the most balanced set for the HR, as you do good damage without being too squishy.

as for weapons, i had the mullholand weapons, then i had drake seal weapons, then i farmed the fallen dragon blades and just crafted the fallen dragon bow.

If you do decide to buy a ancient bow, please buy for me :D

hope that helps,
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Assuming level 60 gear get the Ancient bow and the vorpal (or Plaguefire if you are Nature spec) and a Lesser Soulforged. You can use blue gear to farm up the armour and anyhting else you want, but the weapon and enchant will have the biggest effect on your performance in dungeons/pvp anyway.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Mulhorand Set is the one you want for leveling up. It's far and away better than anything else you'll get from 1-59, stats will increase with level, and you'll do damage like nobody's business. Even at level 60, its still respectable (pretty much the equivalent of a T1 weapon set), but the damage and abilities get eclipsed by T2 and ancients.

On the otherhand , I'd agree with Obsidian if you're already 60. Be prepared to shell out a lot of AD for the Ancient Set if you're not going to farm though...
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well I wouldn't consider the Ancient blades to be necessary (well for a hybrid or combat spec they are more important), just farm the t2 blades from Pirate King.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Fomorian Fabled Blades drop with a fair amount of frequency from Malabog's Castle, though the Bow will require a fair amount of investment in Weaponsmithing
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Barkshield in the armour, Soulforged is for people who plan on dying.