test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact suggestion

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
VbiTF1F.png
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
Post edited by tang56 on

Comments

• Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Needs more Mojo baby... Otherwise, awesome idea!

Perhaps it can spawn a Hermes/Mercury type character with wings on their feet to do the courier work instead of a pesky Imp. My Dwarves and Elves would never trust an Imp to do anything, except maybe DIE.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I want one, it means I'll never have to go to the hellhole that is PE ever again.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    VbiTF1F.png

WTB:
    Whatever that thing is!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mobile mailbox would be really useful , having to return to PE every time I want to pick up mail is soooo -.- even a consumable that makes a temporary mailbox pop up for 60 seconds would be very welcome.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Points for creativity, plus I can see where many would find this useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And just THINK about all of the Zen you will sell, Cryptic, when folks find they NEED that Artifact, at Max Level.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    And just THINK about all of the Zen you will sell, Cryptic, when folks find they NEED that Artifact, at Max Level.

I hope I get a commission. :P
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    +1.

Also, along with the insults during combat, slices nearest enemy for 875 papercuts each bleeding for 1 point of damage for 3 seconds.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want one, it means I'll never have to go to the hellhole that is PE ever again.

you should move to thay. i hear it's lovely this time of year.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is a great idea! The summon animation should consist of the halfling mail courier arriving on the largest horse possible, then a little ladder descends, he climbs down, takes your letter, motions for a tip, then rides off in a huff when you fail to tip him. Each failed chance to tip him adds 1 second to the next time you summon him...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    VbiTF1F.png
    10 out of 10, for the roughly-drawn envelope, and for attention to detail. I suspect you copied one of wiki's artifact tooltips, so the inaccuracies are probably my fault. (There are two missing horizontal lines, and the envelope should be orange.)

It's a good idea too.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    you should move to thay. i hear it's lovely this time of year.

That'd be fun WTB Evil Faction membership.
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    WTB x 2 please.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think this idea is feasible, and such an item can reasonably be a Zen Market item for players to buy directly.

Since currently there are other artifacts which provides more useful stat bonuses and powers in combat, you aren't likely to let this one always be in your primary artifact slot or secondary artifact slots. You slot it in your primary artifact slot only when you need to use it. And the rest of time it just sits in your inventory. That is, it won't make a character overpowered so it isn't game-breaking. So why not just sell it in Zen Market like selling fashion items?

And I hope when this idea is implemented, it is role-playing friendly. If there is an imp mailer, there needs to be an angel mailer for balance.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And I hope when this idea is implemented, it is role-playing friendly. If there is an imp mailer, there needs to be an angel mailer for balance.

No, there doesn't.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think this idea is feasible, and such an item can reasonably be a Zen Market item for players to buy directly.

Since currently there are other artifacts which provides more useful stat bonuses and powers in combat, you aren't likely to let this one always be in your primary artifact slot or secondary artifact slots. You slot it in your primary artifact slot only when you need to use it. And the rest of time it just sits in your inventory. That is, it won't make a character overpowered so it isn't game-breaking. So why not just sell it in Zen Market like selling fashion items?

What if it's a reformed imp dressed as a solar?
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That sounds fine. :)
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Or alternatively they could have a mailbox in each area so that I don't need to waste an artifact and cooldown just for a mailbox. I guess it could still be useful, but I'd rather just have a standard consumable. More mailboxes would be a better experience than almost feeling required to invest in something that the game needs more of.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Ummm, while this may be a good idea, I can easily see how this could be exploited, and therefore I doubt that Cryptic would implement it without making a lot more changes to the mail system. You can already check your mail from anywhere. The only thing you can't currently do is attach and detach items, and I'm fairly certain the reason for this is so that people don't exploit the mail system too much by turning it into an unlimited bag.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png