test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Class Artifacts

eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
I remember when shadowmantle was still in preview, they introduced class artifacts then they removed it from game. I just wanna know if devs are planning to bring it back, cause they have really good stats and effects :)
Post edited by eton3000 on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They weren't ready to go live. Should get them at some point in the future, but who knows how much they will have changed.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I would say don't brother.

Their plan is to give the current player base enough time to upgrade all the current artifact. Dry up their wallet first.

Then they bring out the new artifacts. Guess what? You have to upgrade them again! Means more money for them. Pretty simple logic...

This is not a game, it is business. Ultimate goal is to get money out of your wallet, not matter how they sugarcoat it this is one thing that would never change.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would say don't brother.

Their plan is to give the current player base enough time to upgrade all the current artifact. Dry up their wallet first.

Then they bring out the new artifacts. Guess what? You have to upgrade them again! Means more money for them. Pretty simple logic...

This is not a game, it is business. Ultimate goal is to get money out of your wallet, not matter how they sugarcoat it this is one thing that would never change.

Yup I'm looking forward to the moment new and "improved" artifacts will be launched and everybody will have to again spend millions of AD to upgrade...
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd expect them to be released with Module 3 (although that's simply speculation). It's supposedly a strong PVP mod, and it would make sense to have your class specific artifact released then.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd expect them to be released with Module 3 (although that's simply speculation). It's supposedly a strong PVP mod, and it would make sense to have your class specific artifact released then.

Whens this mod 3 supposed to be coming out anyways?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Whens this mod 3 supposed to be coming out anyways?

No official announcement, but NW has been putting out new content every 2 months or so.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OB started in what, May?
    August-ish for Mod 1
    December for Mod 2

so what, 3-4 months for new content? expect something around March/april
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why is people complaining about a bussiness wanting to make profit? if they dont make money there is no freaking game... GROW UP!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    frarii wrote: »
    Why is people complaining about a bussiness wanting to make profit? if they dont make money there is no freaking game... GROW UP!

What are you talking about? This thread is talking about releasing new content.

*hands out a chill pill*
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014

My understanding was that that interview had a producer saying, that they want to work on and improve pvp, but that he didn't even say which module. It could be module 3, or it could be module 5 or 6 even. You had producers talking about rangers since very early open beta, and it didn't come out till module 2. I wouldn't hold my breath that pvp is module 3 as it very easily might not be.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    My understanding was that that interview had a producer saying, that they want to work on and improve pvp, but that he didn't even say which module. It could be module 3, or it could be module 5 or 6 even. You had producers talking about rangers since very early open beta, and it didn't come out till module 1. I wouldn't hold my breath that pvp is module 3 as it very easily might not be.

Well, from the dev chat on twitch yesterday, it made it seem like PvP stuff is in the works now and will be showing up on the preview server in the not too distance future, maybe before Mod 3.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Well, from the dev chat on twitch yesterday, it made it seem like PvP stuff is in the works now and will be showing up on the preview server in the not too distance future, maybe before Mod 3.

Ah ok, I was going off of the interview from a week or two ago.