test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Smoulder

inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Library
Am I correct in my thinking that there is nothing outside of Swath and critting/crit severity that can increase the damage Smoulder does? I keep wondering why they made a static dot damage ability that doesn't get any boosting off your stats(unless it does and I'm wrong) and is only affected by your level.

I'm also in a love/hate relationship with the way crits work in this game, first hit crits they all crit, no crit on first hit none of them can crit. I'm thinking that if the game switched to a hit by hit chance to crit basis it might end up putting out more damage, especially if you stack crit. I have 31% crit on my CW atm(<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear) but I feel it's just being wasted most the time as it only counts on that first hit.

I like my MoF CW, I just feel like it needs a little more...something. Maybe a small boost from power to Smoulder, like 15% of Power or something(again, assuming I understand Smoulder correctly).
Father McGruder - Scrub geared DPS DC - I kick HAMSTER for the Lord!

Explosivo - Scrub geared MoF CW - Climb upon my BIG ASSED steed....
Post edited by inquisitorrahl on

Comments

• chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So it's an interesting mechanics.

When I look at act I notice tha 10 to 15 % of my damage is smolder, when looking at the Draco fight. So say I do 10 m damage then at least 1m is smolder.

In addition say if there are two storm,ages in the party, who also do 10 m damage. Since chill stacks refresh solder they get credit for the smolder they refresh.

So that means smolder is 10% of your dps and 5% of their dps.

Considering shard might be 20 % personal dps and a p vorpal is 18% dps as 50% crit and smolder adds a debuff,it is actually quite powerfu! but it is not obvious how powerful it actually is.