Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.10.20131211a.12

2»

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good to know that some ppl still have common sense, it was impossible to do all that its screwed up in just a few days, at least they went after the biggest problem of all, now lets wait 1 or 2 weeks for the rest.

I don't think they're going to be able to fix "the rest" in 1 or 2 weeks. :p
  • Options
    hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zeyami2000 wrote: »
    If PvP is that important, then play Counterstrike.

There are tons of PvP ideas floating around the forums that sound like fun (though I still say they should just pack in Guild Wars 1's PvP arenas and call it an update). It's not a terrible thing to have PvP in an online game, it's usually the glue that holds the endgame together. PvE isn't really the same without some sort of level up or reward after a while.
  • Options
    guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    I don't think they're going to be able to fix "the rest" in 1 or 2 weeks. :p

Meh, i know was trying to be positive, if not the rest at least a good chunk of them
  • Options
    canterfoxcanterfox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this game is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to start, too many patchs to download. another night i blood cant play
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow, customers can be a pain; all this hate against Cryptic. Well, I was a bit disappointed with that patch but they are doing their job -- at times slow but at all in the end. I can understand if they would hesitate to write a word in the forums; what would be the response? Flying stones or other swearing at them: pointless.
  • Options
    charleschu9charleschu9 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this patch isn't working for me, need help asap, tried contacting customer services but i have got no replies. can anyone help me?
  • Options
    khora49khora49 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is anybody having the issue of not being able to update launchers on any other games since the patch? I haven't been able to get into any of my other games either.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    khora49 wrote: »
    Is anybody having the issue of not being able to update launchers on any other games since the patch? I haven't been able to get into any of my other games either.

I had a smilar problem with Champions Online once; I solved it by copying another launcher.exe over to my folder from a friend's folder. Could be a very rare problem or you could try it again later.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    for %^*% sakes, the patch doesn't even work for me in the first place. haven't been able to play in 5 days and i haven't gotten any real reply from tech support. i love this game so much for unknown reasons and i wouldn't want to quite it just yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    could you do this through drop box or something cuz my friend and i are having the same problem. we have tried various networks but with no avail so i do not believe it a network problem. pls help me. my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/charles.chu.969
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    can you please fix the patch cuz i cant even patch my game. havent played in 5 days. ive been nagging on the forums and where ever i can for the whole time and nothing has been done to help me yet.
  • Options
    astartielastartiel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have the "unable to initialize on-demand patching" error right after the Cryptic logo too, but only when I connect to my wildblue account. When I get on a public wireless connection, I connect just fine. I think somehow it is really timing out on slower connections, based on ping speeds. Slower connections, like satellite and dial-up, are obviously going to have slower pings (which creates lag) than wireless, cable, fiber & 3/4G internet.

It is too bad this limitation is built into such games, when it is just coordinate & info data they are sending mostly, if you are smart enough to download the entire 10ish gb of game data, instead of using on-demand download gaming.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my two cents to this entire timeout bug a great many players have been experiencing, me included. Interestingly enough, if I get to the game client on a wireless connection and then connect to my satellite connection, I can log in from the client & play to my heart's content, albeit a little laggy.

Here is trusting an intelligent game programmer for Neverwinter reads these posts and takes all we say to heart, implementing some positive changes, squishing a few bugs on the way!

PS - What I'd really love is a way to bypass the Patch Launcher entirely when you don't need it. The game client could have something built in to allow that, me thinks. Most gamers are smart enough to check for a patch occasionally. There was something like that for Everquest, "back in the day." ;-)

PPS - Really would love a way to zoom in & out of the POV of the char easier (perhaps the mouse wheel like on WoW & Skyrim?) other than the limited B command & the /gfxsetdefaultfov ## command.

Just some friendly suggestions. Thanks for making the game!
  • Options
    bigdan2011bigdan2011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good to know
This discussion has been closed.