Hi,
I am not sure ... is shifting the action you do when
shifting from one stance to the other
or
shifting from here to there using the Marauders Escape/Marauders Rush skill
or
using the shift key to "shift" a few steps very fast

Where did I miss that explanation?
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
Post edited by nameexpired on

Comments

• Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just to confuse things I've seen it used in the HR forums to mean all of those things.

However in general across the forums it means using the shift key to dodge as TRs, CWs, & DCs have all had that function for at least as long as the game has been live. This is why it also gets extended to powers with similar effects.

The use for changing stances is just a matter of how the English language works.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I should have mentioned the word shifting in regards to "Retreat Technique - Shifting grants you 1/2/3/4/5 Action Points"

does not sound like much of AP just 1-5 whenever I do ... well shift, whatever that is ;)
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    jarebla1051jarebla1051 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited January 2014
    HRs among others have a "Class" ability to tap the "shift" key and move eight feet to avoid an attack.

In the section "Bug Reports" there is a post that mentions "Shift" is not working as intended. Many other people replied to confirm.

I went to the winter games and tried "Shift" during a round of "Monsters on Ice".

"Shift" never worked for me during that round no matter how many mobs I pulled.
    "One Riot, One Ranger" **

Deuce HR L 60 Archer Build+Melee
    Bow Expert
    Blade Proficient

(**Motto of the Texas Rangers, 1823-Present. Dept. of Public Services, State of Texas)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    For that AP gain, it's when you use the shift key to dodge. or double tap a direction. It's also not a lot of AP. I'd recommend avoiding it.
  • Options
    vengefulfuryvengefulfury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find shifting to be annoying at times, stamina runs out so fast and you have to shift twice just to evade an attack.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    You don't have to shift twice to evade. you just have to be really really well timed with the one shift. You can stay inside red zones, if you shift at impact, you avoid it. Dodge bug (as has been mentioned elsewhere) is giving issues to this. However, it is possible to avoid stuff that most have to dodge away from, while staying in melee range, or not losing a perch.
  • Options
    vengefulfuryvengefulfury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am trying to better myself at shifting and i think i shift too much UN-intentionally lol