test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blue Screen of Death!

bloodysorcerybloodysorcery Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've been playing Neverwinter for more than 3 month without any issue till 12/28/2013, that is. After this day, whenever i played neverwinter for 15-30 minutes my computer would freeze or the famed windows, Blue Screen of Death, would show up.
Serioulsly i've tried everything i could think of from lowering game's graphics configuration to closing any useless programs while playing, i've ran diagnosis on my installed hardwares, updated any drivers that weren't up to date and tested my memory modules. Nothing worked.
Before sending a ticket i'd like to know if there's any way for me to fix this problem right now. So, i appreciate any information you may impart, and sorry for any inconveniences
Post edited by bloodysorcery on

Comments

• poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What error message gets displayed with BSOD?
    And did you try reinstalling Neverwinter from scratch or checking the HDD for bad sectors?
  • bloodysorcerybloodysorcery Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    False clock reading or something similar to that
    edited January 2014
    Well, exact name (or error code) would be better.
    The general questions are:
    - Did you install anything on that specific day or upgraded any application/driver before BSOD?
    - Did you check the hard disk for errors or if it needs defragmentation?
    edited January 2014
    I did both, in fact i was just playing here. I managed to play for 1h now, and i think i've found something out. Those errors i cited up there, have been happening every day now, so i usually just get the winter festival star and log out.
    I've restarted my pc and tried playing again, since i already got today's daily star, i went dungeon making while avoiding winter festival map. The fact is, i'm playing right now and my computer has yet to freeze.
    Which leads me to believe, that everytime i go to festival map something happens and my computer freezes, regardless whether im at festival's map or not. However, nothing happens if i avoid that map altoghether.
    Still, i need to find out why, otherwise i can hardly enjoy the event now, can i?
    edited January 2014
    Well, yes, the new map seems to cause some problems for quite a few players, e.g. more lags or more overheating than in other parts of the game. But since the problem occured only some time after the event started, something must have changed on your computer I guess. What I would try, would be backing up the most important data and rolling back to the point before the BSOD first occured. If it's not hardware issue, it has a good chance of fixing the problem.
    And if you'd like to read more about diagnosing BSOD, this article seems like a nice set of guidelines: http://www.datarecovery.com.sg/data_recovery/hard_disk_symptons_blue_screen.htm
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, i'll be trying that now.