test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch progress frozen

darinderdarinder Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Before Xmas, I posted the following about a "lock-up" I had trying to apply patch NW.20131211a.8:
I was playing just fine earlier today in the Winter Festival. Shut down the game when this afternoon's (I'm at GMT+8) maintenance was about to happen. Tried starting the game up tonight but it refuses to fully patch.

Right now, it's stuck at d/load 276KB 32% (patched 12.8MB/39MB). My 'Net is under load but the only files that Launcher is writing are in the cef_cache folder: Index, data_0 and data_1. But it's not even changing those files! The timestamps are updating but their contents are staying the same (I've been running a regular checksum over them).

What gives?

EDIT: Yes, my last run was started after a Force Verify check just to be sure all the current contents are okay.
Yes, I'm seeing the dreaded 14 error from the patchclientlib but I have no firewall enabled just now.
Why oh why does the launcher need access to google_analytics (or any part of google for that matter)?

Luckily that problem was rectified by the patch Cryptic put out the very next day.

Sadly, since yesterday's patch (NW.10.20131211a.10), I've been seeing almost exactly the same behaviour trying to launch the game. This time, the launcher is apparently freezing at:
Patched 8192KB / 42MB
Received 12KB - 19%

I say "apparently" as there's still network trafiic going over my link, but the only requests being sent are for:
"http://launcher.playneverwinter.com/launcher_server_status"

As previously, the only files that are changing on-disk are the ones mentioned in my first post (those in the cef_cache folder).

What this all means is that I'm now locked out of the Winter Festival event. No, re-downloading the entire game is not an option.

Has anybody seen similar issues (surely, I can't be the only person experiencing this)? If so, any advice on correcting it?