• Options
    kazexkumokazexkumo Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2014
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    uhh...

heroic feat that adds +3 deflect %
    combat feat that in melee stance adds +10% deflect
    Boar skin adds +10% DR
    Lone wolf adds (if 1v1) 20%, this does scale up and down, depending on numbers, but we can go base 1v1 for this.

So.. you're talking if you stat up to 23% deflect, 25% DR, 1 buff, 1 class feat and melee stance, you're at 36% deflect, 45% DR.

That's just with my 10.7k GS. :) It can go higher. My HR is tanky as heck, boar skin/boar rush gives me a prone too. So I can tear down people while still keeping high health. It's getting high enough into combat to get the deflect% increase and not being caught outside of melee stance that is important. :)

oh, woah. its like that, cool.
    I never try on tanky combat HR. I respected to combat HR before, but it was pure dmg focus, very high dmg, but squishy as tiny little bunny >.<.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I play PVP. The current PVP meta is you go tank, since everyone has damage... even DCs.

So deflect is important, but not critical as it's only a 50% severity. DR is important if you can get over 30% that most people stack arp to. Part of why I play hit and run is when I ME out, I reset my buffs. Also important to try and not get swarmed. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I play PVP. The current PVP meta is you go tank, since everyone has damage... even DCs.

So deflect is important, but not critical as it's only a 50% severity. DR is important if you can get over 30% that most people stack arp to. Part of why I play hit and run is when I ME out, I reset my buffs. Also important to try and not get swarmed. :)

the way i play as hybrid HR, i put more life steal bonus. so it can give me some fibres to keep continue on battlefield since HR are squishy.
    Usually, I can survive with 10% hp against other range classes. only Fox.C, i always use it in combos rotation to increase dmg(if you know that feat).
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    That's in the nature path. I haven't actually gone nature yet. Like i said, I pvp a lot. :)

I've looked at it and I believe that nature spec in PVP could be a solid boost. I just enjoy combat too much to pay the AD to respec. :D
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Nature can almost have the same ability to take less damage as the combat ranger through mitigation buffs, sure CHR is more defensive because of 10% more deflect, but you can get higher than cleric mitigation just about anywhere for anyone with the NHR.

Granted my NHR is a new lv 60 but it doesn't really matter the point is still pretty valid.

Attacks that hit hard end up feeling like being hit by kittens.

Plus most of the buffs aren't affected by arpen due to being mitigation.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Plus.. they help everyone on team.

I'd be scared to see a combat spec backed by a nature spec.. that'd be one seriously tough nut.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That's in the nature path. I haven't actually gone nature yet. Like i said, I pvp a lot. :)

I've looked at it and I believe that nature spec in PVP could be a solid boost. I just enjoy combat too much to pay the AD to respec. :D

no, not that one. Bloodthisty, increased dmg after using range encounter. So only Fox.C i have as buff to have dodge, then go fox shift to release the high dmg output.

edit note: I pvp a lot too, and pve only when got GG. :)
  • Options
    daimyo3daimyo3 Member Posts: 49
    edited January 2014
    uhh...

heroic feat that adds +3 deflect %
    combat feat that in melee stance adds +10% deflect
    Boar skin adds +10% DR
    Lone wolf adds (if 1v1) 20%, this does scale up and down, depending on numbers, but we can go base 1v1 for this.

So.. you're talking if you stat up to 23% deflect, 25% DR, 1 buff, 1 class feat and melee stance, you're at 36% deflect, 45% DR.

That's just with my 10.7k GS. :) It can go higher. My HR is tanky as heck, boar skin/boar rush gives me a prone too. So I can tear down people while still keeping high health. It's getting high enough into combat to get the deflect% increase and not being caught outside of melee stance that is important. :)

What would you think if I say that a fully-dps geared GWF does roughly x1.5 times your damage (nope, sorry, x1.5 the damage of a 14k HR, your 10k HR will do only a quarter of his dmg output), and can easily stack up 40-50% DR without even needing buffs or encounter skills?

Or that a CW can dish out like x3 times more damage than an equivalent (or even better geared) HR, get a lot more CCs (he's called Control Wizard indeed), and cans still buff up his defense with a shield?

Or that a TR can do x3 times more single target damage , and can still save his skin with untargettable stealth and no-damage invulnerability during hard battles?

Would you still find that balanced? To me the question isn't if the HR can still survive and find some kind of niche in the gameplay: actually HRs are a good, funny class, that can still survive in a dungeon, do good damage, get some nice kills on pvp, but it's absolutely obvious they're just inferior to any other class available.
    They're not useless, but they're clearly subpar compared to everyone else.

They're only useful for one thing: their Fox Cunning buff that may save people's life during hard boss battles, like Fulminorax lightning shower, where a 0 damage dodge can save your skin on a missed dash/sprint out of a red splat, but that's it.
    Start thinking outside your 10k HR box, and start watching the overall gameplay: it's perfectly clear that this class inferiority needs to be fixed ASAP, as it's late game is totally lacklsuter.

And before you guess why I talk this way: no, I'm not a GWF or a CW. I'm a 14k HR with a full T2 set + stone, so I grew up to know this class weaknessess pretty well.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    daimyo3 wrote: »
    actually HRs are a good, funny class

I dont find HR's really all that hilarious.

But they are indeed fun instead.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    daimyo3 wrote: »
    What would you think if I say that a fully-dps geared GWF does roughly x1.5 times your damage (nope, sorry, x1.5 the damage of a 14k HR, your 10k HR will do only a quarter of his dmg output), and can easily stack up 40-50% DR without even needing buffs or encounter skills?

Or that a CW can dish out like x3 times more damage than an equivalent (or even better geared) HR, get a lot more CCs (he's called Control Wizard indeed), and cans still buff up his defense with a shield?

Or that a TR can do x3 times more single target damage , and can still save his skin with untargettable stealth and no-damage invulnerability during hard battles?

Would you still find that balanced? To me the question isn't if the HR can still survive and find some kind of niche in the gameplay: actually HRs are a good, funny class, that can still survive in a dungeon, do good damage, get some nice kills on pvp, but it's absolutely obvious they're just inferior to any other class available.
    They're not useless, but they're clearly subpar compared to everyone else.

They're only useful for one thing: their Fox Cunning buff that may save people's life during hard boss battles, like Fulminorax lightning shower, where a 0 damage dodge can save your skin on a missed dash/sprint out of a red splat, but that's it.
    Start thinking outside your 10k HR box, and start watching the overall gameplay: it's perfectly clear that this class inferiority needs to be fixed ASAP, as it's late game is totally lacklsuter.

And before you guess why I talk this way: no, I'm not a GWF or a CW. I'm a 14k HR with a full T2 set + stone, so I grew up to know this class weaknessess pretty well.

But on a faster per hit basis we can keep up with the cw and even only gaining half the buffs from non Nature ranger will help a gwf somewhat not that they absolutely need it; but it does help.

And I completely disagree that fox cunning is their only saving grace there are many things that make the hr just as good as any other class I'm not gonna list them all here.

Sometimes I think some people get a variation of terrible ranger and some get the good one I must be getting all the good ones. :)

And it sounds like you've never even actually fully played it; it sounds like you just leveled to 60 bought your 14k gs then went into a t2 dungeon and then QQ'ed that your damage is less dunno and don't care if true, but you get what I mean.

And TRs only get 2 skills that hit that hard and have to wait a lengthy time to use them again.

HR's also have 4 abilities two of which are at wills that can hit just as hard, faster.

We have a shield too its called lone wolf.

Maybe I am just in my little 13k gs HR box but I'm happy there and will probably be happy later too.

And I play all classes so I know what I'm talking about.

Agreed shadow a combat spec hr and a nature especially if they are both using boar skin/rush would be pretty fierce. I added nature ranger to my thread my experience with the ranger in case you are curious.

Because that TR's lashing that hits 20k or more will also hit like kittens especially if deflected.

And a DC's mitigation alone is nowhere near as good as nature alone 40-50% or more with 3 defensive buffs that apply anywhere in Line of sight as opposed to 30-40% in a small space that doesn't move. And our buffs work with theirs like tomato and ketchup same thing just different packaging and delivery.

Sure they have better heals but is a dps healer really what NHR need to be to impress? Not in my opinion.
  • Options
    jollyrobotjollyrobot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Where the **** is the second paragon path? I don't want to be a stormwarden.. That is all.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Coming with module 3. As stated in the news which was put out before your post.

And while I do appreciate that you didn't avoid the filter please don't make starred out words just because you want to. There is no reason to be that volatile.
  • Options
    cerebralpyrecerebralpyre Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe he was talking about jellybeans?
    Cerebralpyre 13.2k SW
    Pheryllt - 13.8k HR
    Ginko - 10.3k DC

Puzzl Bochs - lvl38 CW