test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Laggggggg !!!!

arpemarpem Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Can we please get this lag fixed. For the past 2 weeks, the lag is getting worse instead of better. I have noticed it was at its worst in dungeons, however, lately its now spreading to anywhere in the game. I have already followed the suggestion here and after the launcher finishes downloading the game, I can give an update to see if there is still lag, which I will already assume there will be. Speaking of the launcher, it took forever for it to connect to your servers before it would even check for updates.

Before you go flaming, as the forum community almost always does, NO its not my computer. NO its not my internet.

I would be very hesitant in asking only for knowledgeable and informative responses, especially from a dev, but not going to hold my breath.
Post edited by arpem on

Comments

• aettthornaettthorn Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Had a bunch of issues with lag tonight myself. Kept having server disconnects and rubberbanding. Went into the launcher and turned off on-demand patching, and now it seems to be patching 3 gigs of files for some reason. I had just played earlier today no problem, but basically lost a night because of it.
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Before the patch I think the max number of people in an instance was 75. Now its 150. Also, when I log in, I noticed it puts me in an instance with higher population of players.

What I do to combat it for now is, I wait the 2 minutes and transfer to the instance with the lowest amount of players. That seems to help alot.

The only time it gets rough is when its busy and ALL the servers are pretty full. Try changing instances as soon as you can to the lowest populated instance, see if that helps.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That 3 gig patch is because with on demand patching enabled you stream that data instead of having it on your hard drive putting extra strain on the connection, your hard drive, and the server. You are actually for the first time now downloading the full game.