test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.10.20131211a.10

2»

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    This patch seems to have broken keymaps again, and I'm back on a US keymap ingame. Bleh!
  • kalspirokalspiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rings of Light and the Shields are for upgrading your lightcrafting skill. They serve no purpose beyond that. The idea was to force you to have to do the events in order to be able to upgrade your craft, as if you weren't going to do that anyway. But rather than realizing people would end up amassing a huge amount of these things, and coming up with a way to convert them into something useful like lights they just let them accumulate and be useless.

The fortune is the quest. When you go and use the telescope and get your fortune consumable you are getting everything else too. No one actually cares about the fortune, the point is the star. The point of the paragraph was the star, therefore to claim it meant anything other than you can get more stars is asinine. If they really didn't mean for that to be a thing then they never should have brought it up, cause again, who cares about fortunes, really?
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is rather disappointing. I was hoping for a mini dungeon that players could go through for lights and maybe even a star (or some rare winter items) but instead..."this" is the zenith? This is it? Nothing else? Can't say I'm actually looking forward to the next event to be honest :/
  • rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    I agree with the above statement, I too am disappointed with the so called "Zenith"!

What I cannot stand is the amount of skeletons that attack you on the lake. You not only are attacked by the skeleton coming out of the hole in which you are fishing but they can attack from surrounding fishing holes! I have been attacked by as many as four, sometimes up to three at a time. The detection really is way overreaching! :-(

My issue is that if they spawn near you, it's random if you are all of a sudden in comba. Yet I've had people come up to the fishing hole I was using which spawned a skeleton on me and then turned purple go and fish the thing out while I was fighting right on top of them, practically (The skeleton's model and the other player were basically booty-rubbing)
    -Rajani Isa
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rapticor wrote: »
    I notice the news update now has the red part crossed out. Nice!

Pretty disappointed in the "Zenith" overall.

This post says we don't get double stars because there was a bug with it. I wonder why they can't just reward two stars at once instead of disabling this because they wanted to make you do the quest multiple times a day?
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's too late now. Most people have turned in their stars and if they change it now, it will upset those that have turned them in.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    elminster wrote: »
    There's also this wonderful thing called literal reading. A lot of companies will try to lure you with intentionally obscure or misleading information while at the same time stating exactly their intentions plain as day right in front of you. The whole idea is to get you excited to the point that you ignore the reality and jump instead to what you want the message to say. I grew up dealing with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that and have been countering it for so long it's automatic, but for someone who hasn't it can be hard. That's why companies do it.

Now was that the intention when the message was written? Probably not, no. It was more likely a quick message that a mod threw together at the end of the day so he/she could punch their ticket and go home to their family. They didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount of time on it, so they made it short and sweet, and made it say exactly what was intended. It's not their fault people read what they wanted out of it and hyped it up as something more than what it was. There's nothing obscure, there's nothing implied. It's plain as day right in front of your eyes to be read, even when you put it back together in full context

Yes. We're the ones totally ignoring reality in this scenario... Someone has a bit too much rose colored tint on their glasses.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "Stars of Fortune may now properly be purchased at the Trade Bar Vendor in Protector's Enclave."

Great. Except all my bars are on one character while I'm missing a star on another, and I can't trade bars between my characters... why exactly?
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "Stars of Fortune may now properly be purchased at the Trade Bar Vendor in Protector's Enclave."

Great. Except all my bars are on one character while I'm missing a star on another, and I can't trade bars between my characters... why exactly?
    this. lol xD. but you must be missing 2 stars, because you can get 19!
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm missing one to 18.

You could actually get 22 stars in total, but I somehow forgot to do the quest on one character one too many times.
  • yamadutayamaduta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ever since this last patch ive had sever lag issues to where its not even worth playing anymoe
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm missing one to 18.

You could actually get 22 stars in total, but I somehow forgot to do the quest on one character one too many times.

I had this issue on my main character , the other 3 prayer/leadership characters on my main account got the mimic one day before my main character even though my main character was the first to do any of the winter fest stuff , weird.
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All the back and forth on what they said and what they meant etc. you totally ignore the actual mechanics. If you factor in the mechanics you understand they misled, either intentional or because they couldn't get it going right.

The mechanics: You look through the telescope, you turn to the NPC, he tells your fortune. In the mechanics of that he gives you: some simiril lights (2x previous amount since "zenith"), a smidge of xp for a quest completed (unannounced reward) a star of fortune, and a item that you click to read your fortune. This was on a 24 clock that refreshed at 2a.m. PST.

Now the post: they said you were going to have additional chances to EARN additional stars of fortune, not TRADE, not GIVEN. How would one EARN additional stars? Trade tarmilune bars..thats TRADE for them, get 2x star per turn in like the simiril light increase? Yesss. but that's more "given" than earned. But put it on a 8hr timer..that would be additional chances to earn..and in line with player claims that the timer was saying 8 hrs for a bit until they had a emergency hot patch.

The way I'm seeing it, either they didn't or couldn't get what they intended to do rolling, and had someone in the chain of command make a exec decision to go for a trade in sink instead.
This discussion has been closed.