test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account hacked and PW/Cryptic is not following through...

davyurixdavyurix Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Long story short, my account got hacked on the 23rd of December. Not sure how it happened since I am running virus scanners and private computer from home DSL, but still got taken for gold, assets, astral diamonds, and all rank 7 and up enchantments. I reported the attack within 2 hours (ticket 131223-000863 for a Perfect World employee care to check on this) with the best information I could provide to Cryptic regarding the issue but have been nothing short of disappointed with the help I have received.

It took 3 days for a response to come in laying out the process of having a rollback done. Quickly, I responded with a list of the 5 level 60s I needed to have restored to before the attack. I was notified to stop progression on the affected characters since they would lose all gained items and rewards. Since I was expecting very little from Cryptic and a possible thumbing of the finger at me from the support department, I had been keeping up with my progression through the dread ring campaign and the winter festival, but having millions of Astral Diamonds of work restored that was too good of an offer to get and I was happy with the solution.

Two days after my ticket was updated with the names of my 60s to be rollback, 'Support Staff TK 421' said my ticket had been forwarded to the restore team... That was 7 days ago.

Am I wrong to be concerned with whether Cryptic and Perfect World will actually do anything about this? Have any of you had your accounts rollback and how long did it take? Yes, we did have a few holidays here, but I cannot help but feel that the only one having a good time with this game anymore are the hackers.
Post edited by davyurix on

Comments

• rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    No, you're not wrong. I was done over also, between 23rd and 24th. No useful help from customer service. I never gave out my p/w to anyone, and my PC is well protected against malware and viruses. Haven't spent a bean since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've never had a rollback done, but on more serious matters I've always found Cryptic Support to be well-groomed and they don't play around. They take security very seriously. I am simply replying to mention that this was the big end-of-year Holiday point - offices were possibly running on skeleton crews, etc.

This might be the reason or cause of any perceived delays.

I'd revisit the ticket if nothing seems to move forward after tomorrow (Friday) afternoon (Pacific time). It's the best I can suggest.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My experience has been kiss that stuff goodbye.
  • beelzebubbanwbeelzebubbanw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't think I have ever bought any goods or services from the internet and had an easy time getting what I thought was right to happen. There is no phone number and no real person to help you. It is not clear what you are getting into and then once you are burnt you take forever to fight for your money...if you can.

It reminds me of another profession that I will not mention here...
  • davyurixdavyurix Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, I had been updating the ticket every couple of days with a "Is there any progress with this issue" question, but have been getting more disappointed by the day. Honestly, I would have kissed it goodbye without the honest response of being able to possibly roll the account back. Now, I wonder if that was just talk.
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    been hearing alot about this recently from alot of players..
    makes me wonder what happen to account guard feature.
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    to the OP, this is a support issue and there is nothing that can be done at the forum level. please continue your dialog through the support ticketing system. these types of threads are not allowed on the forums.

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.