test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Seal: a control?

kipp73kipp73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Temple
For a long time, I completely ignored this at-will... but it is awesome.

However....

I believe Astral Seal should be considered a control effect on a target. I acquired 2 pets solely with the view of increasing my control time (both adding 15% duration), but seal remains at around 12-13 secs flat on hit. It would seem intuitive and reasonable to me that seal should extend this active time. DC dont have a great deal of CC abilities that would fundamentally benefit from increased control duration, which is a shame..

Is this lack of duration increase on seal known? deliberate? oversight?
MonZaah // Bihlkoh // KvelertaK

DreadnoughT Guild
Post edited by kipp73 on

Comments

• tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Control generally refers to any mechanic that can disable the target monster/player. Astral Seal debuffs a target player/monster, but doesn't stun, slow, daze, knock prone or immobilize him/her so it can't really be called a control power.
    While some powers that affect a target player/monster's damage output/mitigation/stats are sometimes considered control powers, the list varies depending on the set/feat/mechanic we're talking about. Most of them aren't, though.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It doesn't control so no.
  • kipp73kipp73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    Control generally refers to any mechanic that can disable the target monster/player. Astral Seal debuffs a target player/monster, but doesn't stun, slow, daze, knock prone or immobilize him/her so it can't really be called a control power.
    While some powers that affect a target player/monster's damage output/mitigation/stats are sometimes considered control powers, the list varies depending on the set/feat/mechanic we're talking about. Most of them aren't, though.

well its not a buff/debuff unless its feated.. so, its more of a 'condition'.. a condition that is wilfully applied by the caster. I dunno, it feels like the kind of mechanic that would have been governed by increasing control duration. Its a small matter, granted, but a unique one i feel, to DCs.
    MonZaah // Bihlkoh // KvelertaK

DreadnoughT Guild
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    chains is a control power. So the increase would effect that. Seal just isn't a control.. it doesn't slow them down or anything.

Making effects count as controls would make everything a CW did be a control just about. It kind of doesn't really work out, imho. :)