test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF pve dps build???

voidonvoidon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I've been trying to find an up-to-date build for GWF. People keep saying they top dmg meters, but I'm not seeing it. I'm 14k gs Destroyer and I feel that I'm using all my encounters to the fullest of their potential. May not be caught up on all my gems, but most are rank 7. I also have my stone.

Power: 5568

Crit: 3151

Arpn: 2057

Rec: 2588

Def: 2104

Any tips, links, suggestions, or hateful comments are more than welcome. Let's get some constructive stuff going so I can use it all to own face.

If anybody would like more specific info on my build, feel free to ask.
Post edited by voidon on

Comments

• Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Student of the Sword, deep Gash. If you are IV, then include Battle Trample as the primary dps boosting feats. There are other feats which add dps in x situation which are also beneficial depending on your build.

Unless you have an absurdly low CON then your arp is too high for pve.

What at wills are you using? what encounters? What weapon & wpn enchant?

Also 14k gs doesn't mean much anymore. with artifacts, companions, and 2 sets of boons all boosting gs you can hit 14k in blues/t1s. Especially as a fighter (mainly conq GF but also GWF) which have several GS boosting feats which inflate your gs. A better metric of gear is average enchantment rank / weapon enchant. You said you're almost r7, so i'm guessing you're probably using a normal weapon enchant at best, and are on the low to average gear level. GWF don't really start to shine for pve until they are mid to upper level gear.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    His stat line doesn't look bad for 14k, cept I agree the ARP is probably too high depending on CON. Its probably something with your actual power/feat build and rotation. If you post that itll help.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Hola, destoyer GWF here as well.

Just a few questions,

1. Do you use Avatar of War set 4/4?

2. Is your stone the Allure or Might?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voidonvoidon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have stone of Allure : / And 2 set Avatar and 2 set Vigilant. I'm hearing that's not as good, so that's my first change. At wills are sure strike and wms.

2hq8gsk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Encounters are just me messing around trying stuff in pvp.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    [IMG][/img]161zspx.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lesser vorpal enchant (I know that's hindering me)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The rotation I've been messing with is Battle Fury, IBS, NsF (aoe)
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    voidon wrote: »
    The rotation I've been messing with is Battle Fury, IBS, NsF (aoe)

So yeah, 4 piece AoW to start, and improving your weapon enchant to normal or greater vorpal will increase your dmg significantly.

beyond that, though, you could afford to convert some arp to power. It looks like you have the arp feat so really, you can convert those 5 points into any other dps boosting feat.

None of those things will improve your gs, actually they will lower it by a decent amount. It doesn't matter, you will be more effective.

I can't comment on WMS since the nerf to it as I switched to IV and use Wicked Strike, but before I respec'd WMS definitely seemed too slow, even while unstoppable.

Battle Fury seems like a poor mans into the fray, and I only ever use it in a low mobility VT group to click more caskets (plus adds run speed to help party click more caskets) in 3rd phase. When I was swordmaster I ran come and get it instead, and while it deals no dmg it does greatly increase your ability to deal dmg as it counteracts oppressive force/shard spam which is the #1 killer of melee dmg. If you run with CWs who singu all the time then you can try roar instead.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I appreciate all the helpful feedback guys. I think I've got something good cooking up now. Cheers!
  • Options
    kuyabaykuyabay Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2014
    Can someone explain why 2K arpen is too high? How does disciple of war add to arpen, would the 25% of recovery be added to the arpen total number?
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?358391-Con-(GWF)-and-Dex-(GF)-are-now-addative-to-Armor-Penetration

With his CON I think at 19. He just has arp that will go to waste. He'll probably just want to get all the extra arp into power. (this is PVE)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    GWF receives 1% resistance ignored for every point of Con above 10 meaning they only need to make up the difference from their con to 24%.

And yes the feat gives you extra arp based on your recovery stat.
  • Options
    gannicus15gannicus15 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    First of all, go for Avatar of War and drop recovery to +-1000 (with AoW +-2300) and disciple of war - not really worth... optimize your Arm pen at 24% (count with constitution, e.g. I have around 1800 -> 18% + 5% from constitution). In my build I aim at maximizing critical chance -> 25 Dex, +-3500 crit stat, weapon master, vicious advantage (available also for destroyer nowadays): result 50% critical chance (with WM) + 5% vicious and sometimes 5% from TR... I also switched to Instigator Iron Vanguard after the module 2. IV has high hitting frontline surge (I hit with my 14,5K GS, 8K power with Avatar, normal vorpal for 25-30K each target) and nice trample the fallen - especially useful in party with CWs. Also Not so fast with instigator grants combat advantage for you and whole party (and if you hit at least 3 targets, it activates Avatar), so following encounters gain more damage and better critical chance. Additionally high critical chance activates student of the sword for even more damage (and party is happy as well...). Instigator also boosts wicked strike, my main hitting aoe at-will. With this build I am able to hold race with my mate 14K+ renegade CW with perfect vorpal. At last learn how and when to use avalanche of steel, as without target cap, it can do tremendous damage (20K+ per target if crit). But there are also other viable builds, just look around in forums. Good luck and have fun.

Gann