tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Campaign Name -The Crypt of Befallen by @Tipa
Short Code: NW-DKCFTXNUZ
Mission Type: Questing!
Average Duration: 25 minutes
Amount of Combat: variable, depending how you go
Starts at: (NPC or location) Overworld, The Crypt of Befallen
Mission Summary: Take a step back into the history of fantasy role-playing, do some questing, meet up with a party of fellow adventurers and take on some big bosses in huge fights.
Author tips/hints: It's loosely based on the EverQuest starter dungeon of the same name.
Screenshots/attachments: (please include at least one screenshot, along with a link to hi-resolution versions)

Link to album with more screenies: https://plus.google.com/photos/108460561201888322767/albums/5963684742073381873?authkey=CLCI6s_r1v6C0QE

This is my first Foundry mission. I learned a lot from it that I've taken to my second Foundry mission, still in progress. I had a lot of fun making it, and I hope you'll enjoy playing it.

There are a lot of nods to classic EverQuest, but no knowledge of that game is needed at all.

The NPC at the start of the zone will give a lot of hints.

At two times in the adventure, you'll be able to enlist the aid of an NPC adventuring party to help with the bigger fights. They aren't required in any sense, but you should talk to the party leader both times for valuable information.

Thanks!
dec2014nwsig.png
Post edited by tipadaknife on

Comments

• dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just a minor note for the description (I'll write something more detailed after I play it) - it should be "trackless wastes," not "tractless."
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ahhhh how'd that get in there? Thanks :)
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just a note before I start: I have never played Everquest.

*The collapsed passageway is really easy to climb over (and then get stuck). Perhaps add an invisible wall?
    *The dungeon is a tiny bit sparse, but feels well-laid out. I feel like there should be some music, though.
    *Why are the wights at the bottom of the Well using the Plaguechanged Maw model? Shouldn't they be, well, wights?
    *It definitely feels like an old-school dungeon crawl. I like it.
    *God I really hate the transition doorway into and out of cavern rooms. Not really a mark against you so much as against Cryptic; I just think the missing polys and/or flipped normals are really, really glaringly obvious and bad. I usually try to hide them, myself.
    *Maybe change the default "Go to next map" objective to something more like "Go to next floor"?
    *When you arrive in Lavastorm, the invisible wall runs up most of the nearest path leading to Menizzia. Perhaps move it back so the path is fully accessible, or forward so it's completely blocked?
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dtz wrote: »
    Just a note before I start: I have never played Everquest.

Shouldn't need to, but this is the most EverQuest-y of my foundries. And the first!
    *The collapsed passageway is really easy to climb over (and then get stuck). Perhaps add an invisible wall?

Maybe some more debris. I'll look at it. I hate invisible walls.
    *The dungeon is a tiny bit sparse, but feels well-laid out. I feel like there should be some music, though.

Yeah, didn't know about sound when I did this. I really need to do another pass through.
    *Why are the wights at the bottom of the Well using the Plaguechanged Maw model? Shouldn't they be, well, wights?

I just wanted them to look more imposing :P
    *It definitely feels like an old-school dungeon crawl. I like it.

Thanks!
    *God I really hate the transition doorway into and out of cavern rooms. Not really a mark against you so much as against Cryptic; I just think the missing polys and/or flipped normals are really, really glaringly obvious and bad. I usually try to hide them, myself.

If you play my next mission, Sealing of Najena's Lair, you can see I did a better job with these transitions. I should probably take that whole cavern thing out, replace it with something different. I actually started on a bottom to top revamp of this zone, but then I was hot to start on Najena's....
    *Maybe change the default "Go to next map" objective to something more like "Go to next floor"?

You bet!
    *When you arrive in Lavastorm, the invisible wall runs up most of the nearest path leading to Menizzia. Perhaps move it back so the path is fully accessible, or forward so it's completely blocked?

Or just remove it entirely. If people want to go around the empty part of the zone, who am I to stop them? ;-)

Thanks for all your comments! I need to spend some time on Befallen for sure.
    dec2014nwsig.png