test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchantment Refining Bug?

bobbyk45238bobbyk45238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So this has happened two times now that I have caught.

I have a ring with a rank 3 enchantment stone in it. I add all the needed enchantments to upgrade it to rank 4 and also have the lesser mark of potency in inventory. I successfully upgrade it to rank 4.

Now I look at the ring and it still has a rank 3 enchantment in it?! This has happened twice now! So I am out 2 lesser mark of potency and the enchanments to refine it.

Is it just me or is this a bug? Anyone else having this issue or am I doing something wrong?!

I get the message that the upgrade was a success so what gives? Someone please help with some info.
Post edited by bobbyk45238 on

Comments

• Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Works for me just fine with the rank 2 and rank 5/6/7/8s

You sure you are refining the correct enchantment and not something in your inventory instead? Because you saying that you lose the enchantments twice too leads me to believe that you refined something else. Refining progress is never lost.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You need to close and re-open the window each time you do something. i.e You socket an Enchant -> Click "Commit" say yes to the popup -> "Done" and close the window ... Re-open and refine/upgrade, when successful -> close the window ...

It's happened to me a couple of times when the "Commit" button starts flashing after an Upgrade = If you click that button it will reset the Enchant DO NOT DO IT! ... Close the window using escape or the little x and re-open the window ... This goes for Runes socketed on pets too ...

It doesn't happen every time, but I think the game sometimes confuses an upgraded gem for a new one, but then it sockets the old one anyway 0.o ... It's one of the quirks of the game, you learn to live with ... You could try putting a support ticket in for it, on the proviso that you submitted a Bug Report when it happened?
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bendalek wrote: »

Good to know - thanks for the post!