test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flavor text / announcement in dungeon

kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Foundry
Trying to create some text in the middle of the screen that simulates telepathy. Cant figure out a way to do this without adding an objective. Any easy way to do this? or do I have to create quest objectives
Post edited by kelleton on

Comments

• Options
    chibbiukechibbiuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You could have 'Reach Points' along the pathway of your map. As the player walks over them, hrmm. . . come to think of it, you'd still have to have an objective tied to the reach point I think. Sorry, thought it might work.
    NW-DF66TLIAM = MOB for a day
    NW-DFOEHE955 = Woeful Cave (in production but testable)
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Afaik, you need to use objectives - the 'Reach Text', is not available with place markers until it is part of an objective.

You probably already do this but you can use for example a 'find a way out' objective and repeat it many times, completing each time with a reach text and restarting for next reach text, just in the same way as it can be used for triggers. I don't think the additional Objective Complete messages break immersion.

Enabling reach text for Place Markers without linking them to an objective has been on my wish list for a while.
  • Options
    say1osay1o Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Another idea, I haven't explored possibility of, is there an Invisible NPC, or one to hide within an object and let the auto chat text cycle faster to state a "a foul odor whips in the air" then the NPC can be deleted by other triggers.
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Have an invisible, interactable for which the requirements cannot be met. For instance an invisible wall set to interactable that requires a Key that the player can never actually find.
    You'll get red text across the middle of the screen that looks something like this...
    nFV6KI6.jpg

You can even set the intereact duration to Long, and set the animation to "Stunned/Levitate" or something. Could be neat.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!