Short -- Archer PvP Vid lvl 60

munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
Updated with New PvP Video

Stat Rolls
StatRolls_zpscc06e864.jpg

PvP regen Gear
PvPRegenGear_zps19b695c5.jpg

PvE Set up. This is the gear I generally "try" and run during all my Play. If its a very good team I have to switch out to my health/regen gear.
PveGear_zps353bc9fe.jpg

Feats
ArcherFeats_zps99d238b2.jpg

Hey guys I havent seen many videos posted of HR's yet so here are two of mine.

I have alot of fun playing my archer in pvp! Enjoy

Was a solo Q, all pugs in this match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDy5vko4D9A&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LCN8W1sBRZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dt6RvG0Q7SE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    If you keep recording your matches, it would be better to put up some more interesting ones. Those two were very easy, and although P.Vorpal's numbers are a joy to behold, I'd better see some practical tips of how to escape if you are focused by good opponents or 1v1 FotM classes like Bilethorn TRs or GWFs.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you keep recording your matches, it would be better to put up some more interesting ones. Those two were very easy, and although P.Vorpal's numbers are a joy to behold, I'd better see some practical tips of how to escape if you are focused by good opponents or 1v1 FotM classes like Bilethorn TRs or GWFs.

Yah I will, but I recorded these short ones lastnight as thats all I played =)
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good times, though once they fix the bugs with cool down exploits and grasping penetrating cc I think you'll come to find it less fun to play how you do. I also agree with the quality of opponent statement puggin with perfects and T2.5 is of course going to be easy and fun.
    Good quality video though, very little chopiness.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
    edited December 2013
    caexar wrote: »
    Good times, though once they fix the bugs with cool down exploits and grasping penetrating cc I think you'll come to find it less fun to play how you do. I also agree with the quality of opponent statement puggin with perfects and T2.5 is of course going to be easy and fun.

I dont use the cool down exploit. I use Lone/Dual mostly. It will only affect me on good TR's and good GWF's. Will be the same for everyone else.

and yah, the people I played werent very good or geared. I'll post more videos when I record them. Good matches seem far and fiew between now. They either last 30mins to an hour. Or they are over in the first 3 minutes. I usually pug solo as it seems easier to find a half ways decent match.

I still very much enjoy the Archer build in premades. The damage is still very high, and its very easy to lock a person down to almost nothing, making it easier to Ghost >Aimed Shot. Think my highest crit in pvp so far with Aimed against a 16k CW was 27k.

I keep hearing the melee archer is much better and that may be true. But so far I really like the ranged dps and gonna keep practicing and tweaking things.

I know Hzarn's HR is Archer also and does pretty good. I'd like to see some more videos of other Archers if anyone has any to post.

FoTM seems to be Combat so its hard to find archer vids.
    edited December 2013
    Pet Summoning Bonus - Ioun Stone
    Pet-SummoningBonus-IounStone_zpsc54ee3d1.jpg

PvE Stats with Pet Bonus
    PvEStatswithPetBonus_zps7a3f8f7e.jpg
  • malavon666malavon666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How many astral diamonds you bought?
    edited December 2013
    I don't think that you gain anything with Archery that you can't do with Combat in PvP. On the contrary, you lose the master of combat/Fox shift. I will not even go into the Stormstep/Ghost 'bug', because most people really drop on Fox Shift. Especially if you have a P.Vorpal.

Don't know about elite player's choice, since running in premades with people that know what they are doing, allows to even spec Whisperknife rogue and still come on top. So from my testing Combat has all the cool tools for PvP, due to the shape of the current meta...you can't avoid melee.
    edited December 2013
    malavon666 wrote: »
    How many astral diamonds you bought?

HoTN Pack and Faywild Pack.

Games been out almost a year....Other than those packs, $15 a month on zen to support the game.
  • luformluform Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    caexar wrote: »

cool down exploits? Mind elaborating so that I can avoid the feat or whatever if it is nerfed?
  • mierinmierin Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    luform wrote: »
    cool down exploits? Mind elaborating so that I can avoid the feat or whatever if it is nerfed?

New to game, but from reading the forums, I believe it's the Stormstep Action passive combined with the Ghost daily, so that each and every single target you hit while "stealthed" in the daily, Stormstep considers that an activation of a daily, so your encounter powers can be refreshed 2-3x's during the duration of the daily, so that you are abusing it and spamming encounters rapidly. Whether it turns out to be a bug that's getting exploited or an intended feature has yet to be determined.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this anyone.
  • diablorfdiablorf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    munkey81
    Are the Nature's Blessing influence on the quantity of HP u get from regeneration?? Or it affects only the heal u getting from healers?
    edited December 2013
    mierin wrote: »
    New to game, but from reading the forums, I believe it's the Stormstep Action passive combined with the Ghost daily, so that each and every single target you hit while "stealthed" in the daily, Stormstep considers that an activation of a daily, so your encounter powers can be refreshed 2-3x's during the duration of the daily, so that you are abusing it and spamming encounters rapidly. Whether it turns out to be a bug that's getting exploited or an intended feature has yet to be determined.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this anyone.

The bug seems to be that Stormstep procs regardless of the number of targets. So even if you sit next to ONE enemy, the cooldowns will keep reducing.
  • synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The bug seems to be that Stormstep procs regardless of the number of targets. So even if you sit next to ONE enemy, the cooldowns will keep reducing.

It also procs on any attack, including At-Wills, so as long as you are close to your target.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • diablorfdiablorf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    It also procs on any attack, including At-Wills, so as long as you are close to your target.
    Heya, cheсk ur PM please ;)
  • synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    diablorf wrote: »
    Heya, cheсk ur PM please ;)

Replied over half an hour ago, check yours :) (I don't think the forum always tells you when you have a PM)
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • augustthirteenthaugustthirteenth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @OP

Would you mind putting also your Power recommendations? Thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No rest for the wicked.
    edited January 2014
    @OP

Would you mind putting also your Power recommendations? Thanks :)

Power as in, which abilities do I use?
  • augustthirteenthaugustthirteenth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    @munkey

Yes, bcoz I'm thinking of getting both Forest Meditation and Lone Wolf.

Is Binding Arrow useful in pvp and pve? Since im planning to drop it for Forest Meditation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No rest for the wicked.