test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Zen Market companions are 60% off plus a new all-companion bundle is available!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited December 2013 in News & Announcements
Neverwinter adventurers,

For a limited time, all Zen Market companions are 60% off. If you've been wishing for a few more companions to complete your collection, you're in luck! And, we're also introducing a new in-game bundle where you can obtain ALL Zen Market companions for an incredible price.

The sale will end on December 30, 2013 at 3pm PST (Pacific). (When is that for you?)

After the sale ends, we'll be permanently reducing prices on all Zen Market companions based on your feedback. Click here to find out more information on these price changes. We hope you enjoy the sale and price changes!

Cheers,
Pin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow, now that's a Christmas sale...!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's ABOUT DARN TIME that you guys reduce the cost of Companions. 3500 Zen for a Companion, when the most expensive STARSHIPS in STO goes for 2500 Zen. Was grossly overpriced from the get-go. Glad you're finally realizing how much moneygouging you've been doing since launch.

Now as for making additional Astral Diamond sources available in Neverwinter? I refuse to spend real-life cash on a Companion, but i'd be willing to grind Diamonds for Zen exchange. At current however, the available sources of Diamonds are far too rare for my taste. Still running my level 60 character with the default companion at Rank 15.
  • xxxerexxxxxxerexxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ugh that sucks for me I just bought an ioun stone hours ago.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now if this bundle was account wide you would of had a deal.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is the bundle of companions pack posted in-game yet? Does anyone have a price on it?

Also, are the companions in the pack BoE or BoP?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cdnbison wrote: »
    Is the bundle of companions pack posted in-game yet? Does anyone have a price on it?

Also, are the companions in the pack BoE or BoP?

12k zen. Pack itself is BoP, Companions are BoE.
  • sawaspbsawaspb Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello.
    Tell, I can pay your package with the fairy from the account, but present a package to the brother playing on other account?
  • kurrailkurrail Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xxxerexxx wrote: »
    Ugh that sucks for me I just bought an ioun stone hours ago.

Gah! Same here!
    Athas Taldiran - Half-Elf Hunter Ranger
    Raif Kurrail - Human Guardian Fighter
    Silvanesta - Human Control Wizard
    Turin Blackhammer - Dwarf Great Weapon Fighter
    Braden Swiftfoot - Halfling Trickster Rogue
    Iliyanna Silverstar - Sun Elf Devoted Cleric
  • altaweiraltaweir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good news, but 25 € for a mere sidekick in an online world still sounds off by a mile. That's half the price of an AAA game!

- They're not account-wide unlocks.
    - They die like flies in any Epic dungeon.

Might be worth it for a Ioun stone and that's about it.
    Avenger.jpg
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The new Companion pricing is still about $5 higher than I'd hoped (for Purple grade) - but for the sake of killing my own argument I'll take what I can get! Thank you Cryptic. Though I'm not "placated" (regarding my arguments previously made) I think this is a good compromise. Now, about the idea of account-binding on these. ~cough~

Since this is all really a "price-to-value ratio" scenario, I'm also not stupid (I don't see Cryptic making further pricing or binding-type changes soon). Bundle package is a darned good deal and I did bow-down to it. And it about killed my inventory space. ~cough~ I've calculated a saving os about 1600 Zen (and this is calculated off the current *on sale prices*) - so I'll just sit on them for now and see what the auction house has to say in a few month. ~cough~

Yeah, it's drafty in here.

:)
  • krolk8888krolk8888 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thank you for that,tho I have 1 question- will upgrade costs also drop or they'll stay as they're(makes no sense but who knows..)
  • chronoskenschronoskens Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While I like the Idea of having a companion pack I don't like that it is a single purchase it should be account wide especially with the price tag of 12000 Zen
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Having bought an ioun stone not long before the patch, in feeling a certain amount of buyers remorse now! I appreciate the move to reduce the cost, but doubt that I'll be spending again soon
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My only wish? More Leaders and Defenders (especially Leaders. As best as I can tell, short of upgrading others, there are no easily available purple Leaders - only the limited-time Lillend, and the as yet unobtainable Angel.
  • johnnyquantumjohnnyquantum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    arabatur wrote: »
    Now if this bundle was account wide you would of had a deal.

Same here. The existing packs with account wide mounts and companions is a better deal.
  • johnnyquantumjohnnyquantum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also, you either need to drastically reduce the cost of upgrading companions or make them all purple. Don't see the point of having different quality companions?
  • spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited December 2013
    Also, you either need to drastically reduce the cost of upgrading companions or make them all purple. Don't see the point of having different quality companions?

One step at a time... one step at a time.
    The price reduction in pets is an awesome start. I guess they will eventually reduce AD cost to upgrade.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Love the sale! It's just too bad that the companions vary so widely in usefulness, otherwise I might consider getting the pack - maybe if it allowed you to select X purple companions, Y blue ones, and Z green ones, (where you can pick the same one multiple times if you wanted), it'd be a better deal...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited December 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Love the sale! It's just too bad that the companions vary so widely in usefulness, otherwise I might consider getting the pack - maybe if it allowed you to select X purple companions, Y blue ones, and Z green ones, (where you can pick the same one multiple times if you wanted), it'd be a better deal...

Um... the individual pets are 60% off. Pick the ones you want and if it costs less.. well you do the maths and see what is best for you.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like the reduction in companion price... they're much more sane, now. But it will also almost certainly highlight the fact that it's currently very nearly cheaper to just buy a Purple companion from the auction house than it is to upgrade a companion to Purple.

A price reduction on companion upgrades would be lovely. I really like some of my lower-tier companions and would love to get them to full rank.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    spanky2014 wrote: »
    Um... the individual pets are 60% off. Pick the ones you want and if it costs less.. well you do the maths and see what is best for you.

Oh yes, I know... I'm just saying that the pack is still discounted even beyond those prices, and that if there was some selection of what that pack includes, it'd be an even more attractive offer.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Y U DO DIS Cryptic??? Y jus' after Christmas when I have nooo muni's???

Gah ... Already splashed out on a Stone for me TR and will probably get a Hawk for my HR ... but as for most of the others???

With the various "Packs" I've bought in the past, there isn't really anything else their that rings my bells ... maybe the Blacksmith for my DC, but ... <sigh> next time perhaps, or as others have said, if they were account wide, like Z-Store mounts ...
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
    edited December 2013
    spanky2014 wrote: »
    One step at a time... one step at a time.
    The price reduction in pets is an awesome start. I guess they will eventually reduce AD cost to upgrade.

As mentioned here:
    nadiezja wrote: »
    ... it's currently very nearly cheaper to just buy a Purple companion from the auction house than it is to upgrade a companion to Purple.

The current cost seems crazy expensive to upgrade an existing companion, it is much cheaper to get a purple off the auction house.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it is much cheaper to get a purple off the auction house.
    Actually it's only "much" cheaper at the moment because of the current 60% discount ... Normally at 3000 to 3500 Z for a Purple companion and the average Z <-> AD rate of 400 it's roughly the same price (I don't no why people keep repeating this misinformation) ... Also take into account the fact that most people don't have 3000+ Z or 1.2 Million+ AD until much higher levels, the White companion you got earlier is probably already at lvl 15 or even 20-->25, with several Runes/Items socketed, where as the Z-Store companion you can finally afford, has no items and is level 1 and all but useless, so you have to 'babysit' it until you can level it up ...

having said that though, I would love it if Cryptic gave the same 60% discount on "upgrades" ... THAT would be awesome ...
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • mot1965mot1965 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would expect to see more price drops across the board with so many new MMO's launching in the near future, that is, if they want to keep a healthy player base.
  • allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This was an epic sale indeed! I admit that I procured a few choice companions for my TR and HR. Most of my hesitation in spending any more Zen on companions comes from the lack of account wide unlocking (yes, like Zen ships are in Star Trek Online!).

I would also like to echo some of the NW community's sentiments regarding sources of Astral Diamonds. The sources are scarce (very) and repetitive at best.
    The crafting system seems stunted as well.
    Keep working on these problems. Make companions account unlock. Do this, and you will have my long term loyalty (as well as many others').
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Question:

The table lists all Purples having a base price of 3000, but we currently seem to have a number of purple companions (Honey badger, Sprite, etc) that have a base price of 3500.

Was a Purple+ category missed or will the price of these higher priced purple companions also be 2000 after the sale?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I was able to get a couple more companions on sale. :) Really hoping that the bundle is still available during tax season. By the way, while the pack is BoP, the companions once you open the pack are BoE, so you can share with your other characters or sell the ones you already have or don't want. It's win-win. :)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • devilshcooldevilshcool Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2013
    Y I can't see the bundle sale from gateway? I want to buy it! I am away for holiday and can't log into the game for a week. Pls make it available in gateway please.
  • dartmiller1dartmiller1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    if i bougth pack of companions for 12k zen this companions binding or not?
This discussion has been closed.