test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

dread ring campaign questions

rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I just started on dread ring campaign and have some questions:

1. There aren't very many dread ring daily quests. Is there a way to progress further with the boons once you do all the daily quests in that area? Seems like its gonna take forever to unlock the boons with so little quests each day.

2. How hard is Valindra's Tower? I run a fully geared DC healer 12.5k gs.I just got the key last so will find out 2nite either way.

3 For artifacts- are they dropping from T2 chests during d/d event, or dropping from bosses? At 60, we can slot three, and one I got from a quest, and one i can get from Trades of Blades, but where should i try and start to get a third artifact?

4. Whats the deal with needing marks for leveling up runestones and enchants? Is the new system easier or more difficult to level up enchants and runestones? What should i use to get refinement points for enchants, runes, and artifacts? Should I use other enchants and stones, or should I use certain marks?
Post edited by rnewton8 on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rnewton8 wrote: »
    4. Whats the deal with needing marks for leveling up runestones and enchants? Is the new system easier or more difficult to level up enchants and runestones? What should i use to get refinement points for enchants, runes, and artifacts? Should I use other enchants and stones, or should I use certain marks?

From the maths that I have seen the new system is supposedly better from rank 8+ but more expensive for rank 5-7. It is also meant to be better for most weapon/armour enchants.

See here for a decent guide:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?541751-Guide-to-the-New-Refinement-System

However, the drop rate of the blue reagents required for mid-level enchants is extremely low so represents a bottleneck unless you buy them from the AH or Wondrous Bazaar.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rnewton8 wrote: »
    1. There aren't very many dread ring daily quests. Is there a way to progress further with the boons once you do all the daily quests in that area? Seems like its gonna take forever to unlock the boons with so little quests each day.

it is designed to take time. outside of a farming for onyx fragments to trade for vanguard scrips or getting the item that drops in rusted iron lockboxes that provides vanguard scrips and thayan scrolls, there isn't any way to speed through the campaign. here's the official wiki link: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dread_Ring_Campaign
    3 For artifacts- are they dropping from T2 chests during d/d event, or dropping from bosses? At 60, we can slot three, and one I got from a quest, and one i can get from Trades of Blades, but where should i try and start to get a third artifact?

it is my understanding these are dropping from bosses. there have been some reports in the forums that certain artifacts are dropping from specific bosses but this information is likely anecdotal.

here's a simplified guide for the new refinement system:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?541751-Guide-to-the-New-Refinement-System

essentially for enchantments, there is no advantage to upgrade enchants/runestones to feed into other items. you should use enchants as they drop to feed into items you're trying to upgrade.

whether it is easier or more difficult remains to be in the opinion of who you ask. in my opinion, it's better for upgrading weapon and armor enhancements and it's probably slightly better than the old fusion system for enchants/runestones as you have far less chances of failure.

for me, i tend to use the same type of enchant/runestone to upgrade slotted items. enchant/runestone types i do not use or am not upgrading, i feed into my artifacts as they give 2x bonus (this does not include refinement stones like white pearls, peridots, aquamarines, etc). i also have a small amount of secondary items that are not slotted that i am upgrading in my bank, but i am essentially leveling my slotted items first.

green and purple marks seem to be easier to get, although blue mark prices seem to fluctuate on the AH.

and due to the volatile nature of some of these topics, i have closed this thread to prevent flaming. feel free to PM me if you have further questions.
This discussion has been closed.