test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New player here: is crafting equipment worthwhile?

kap273kap273 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just like my title says, is it worthwhile for me as a new player to level up a profession like Mailsmithing, for example? I know Leadership is good and I was thinking Alchemy may be good too, but just looking at the gear I'm making on my cleric it's well below anything I'm getting from leveling up. At the current rate of leveling my character versus leveling my Mailsmithing I don't see myself being able to make anything useful. Any info and opinion is appreciated, thanks!
Post edited by kap273 on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you are planning on leveling up Leadership to get the nice rewards at level 20 (6K Ad + some gold every 12 hours) be warned it will take you a couple of months at least.

It is generally advised to quickly level up another profession which is useful for you class before starting on Leadership to open up more profession slots. Which one depends on your class and whether you want to craft (bound) BiS items.
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    From personal experience, which I'm sure there's others out there who are better at it:

level a single craft skill first. The craft skills Do have things you can do at 20 which is nice. Armor gives you pants/shirts cheaper than AH, for example. Don't worry about trying to keep your crafting up with your leveling, it won't happen. The best way to level leadership is by having as many slots open as you can. So hit level 60, get another craft to 20, so on. Leadership is the slowest to level. It gives the most AD however (if you don't sell your crafted stuff) so it does pay off in the end. I just advise leveling something else, first.