test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the amount of Glory for a loss too little?

blackargonianblackargonian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
After playing as long as I have, I feel the glory for a loss is way too little, even when you try your absolute hardest, it just feels like a waste of time, to the point where I feel I'm better off leaving the game then even making an effort. Anyone else feel this way?

My Example :3

wk30c6.jpg

I think for all my effort, 400 hundred glory is just... awful :\ (PS ~ I'm not a sentinel, I'm a "Swordmaster" Destroyer)

With the amount of people who leave matches, I kind of doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.
~Characters~
<Level 60s>
Randy Mirage {GWF}|Raiden Mirage {CW}|Aegis Mirage {GF}|Shadow Mirage {TR}|Elena Mirage {DC}|Ryder Mirage {GF}|Zoey Mirage{GWF}|Tammy Mirage {TR}|Trish Mirage {CW}|Tarik Mirage {DC}|Miranda Mirage {HR}

<Below Level 60>
|Felix Mirage {HR} | Misery Mirage (DC)| Agony Mirage (GWF)

All under @blackargonian, feel free to add me if you want.
Post edited by blackargonian on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It sucks but back when it was higher people would just afk and bot in the spawn camp as it was faster to let the other team cap all 3 and end the match quickly.

They now traded that problem for people leaving when it looks like a loss.

It's why pvp is a game that can't be won for game developers, nothing they ever do will produce a system that makes the players happy.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    14475 points, 44/7/15, 233+175 glory too XD

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention my match lasted 36 minutes. I could leave it and play 2 matches for 3-5 times that glory.

P.S. I can upload screenshot if you ask me, going to sleep now, too lazy to edit it by covering names, uploading etc.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They should give everyone the same amount of glory, and reduce the salvage value of pvp glory equipment. What people want with glory is the 24K glory artifact, and there's no reason to make poorly geared people play 100+ pvp's until they have 24k glory. It is certainly possible for newbies to take 150+ games before they get enough glory, because they often get stomped so bad they don't get enough points in pvp that they can earn even 1 glory point. Enough to make some people quit the game or not spend money in the zen store eh?
  • Options
    f2pbsf2pbs Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They should give everyone the same amount of glory, and reduce the salvage value of pvp glory equipment. What people want with glory is the 24K glory artifact, and there's no reason to make poorly geared people play 100+ pvp's until they have 24k glory. It is certainly possible for newbies to take 150+ games before they get enough glory, because they often get stomped so bad they don't get enough points in pvp that they can earn even 1 glory point. Enough to make some people quit the game or not spend money in the zen store eh?

there was never a reason to bound pvp t1 or t2 gear.its very difficult as it is to get glory for begginers but t2 pvp is riddiculous.must say the worst experiences in the game is farming for t2 pvp by far....
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, it is too low and it's one of the reasons I don't even bother with PvP anymore. It was fine when it was 350 for a loss and 700 for a win. Sure you had AFKers then but now you have leavers, which incidentally only screws the people actually playing and trying to win, so how did the change improve things. Plus they made the gear bound and removed being able to sell the potions back for gold, so really what reason would there be for people to AFK? Salvage for the gear would be the only thing I see but there has to be faster ways to make AD. And if that's a huge problem lower the amount given for salvage.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well given a lot of the problem is due to rewards being to low due to otherwise bots will farm Glory to transfer into AD/Gold, perhaps you could solve these both the issues at once.

Make all rewards for glory bound, unsellable and un-salvageable and bots would have no reason to keep playing, especially if you get rid of the AD for dailies and instead give glory. PvP rewards would then only be only useful to the account holder and anyone botting on their main account would risk losing it if they botted during PvP matches.

No more AD farming Glory for gold/AD farming bots, and far fewer people willing to risk their account by botting.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think most of the glory received should be based on individual performance (individual points) and it should be increased by a given percentage (like 25%-50% or so) if you were on the winning team.

So, in this particular case he should have gained much glory, regardless of losing. This would also prevent AFKs, Bots, etc, because they would receive very little glory.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You're right, he did his best got more kills than the ENTIRE winning team, but winning points are scored for holding the bases, not kills. 874 to 1,000 is fairly hard fought.

I would normally agree with you, but you have consider the points HE earned. 42 kills and 10 assists will only award a MAX of 6550 and this assumes that every kill was a tower rush with the 100 pt bonus. That leaves 3350 which is 11 base caps. Of course we know he had to cap more then that because 11 caps is only 3300 and leaves a mystery 50 pts.

So yeah he worked for a win and got very half what someone who barely participated on a winning would get. Unfortunately, I don't think equal rewards for winning and losing is a good alternative.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rlrobr wrote: »
    I think most of the glory received should be based on individual performance (individual points) and it should be increased by a given percentage (like 25%-50% or so) if you were on the winning team.

So, in this particular case he should have gained much glory, regardless of losing. This would also prevent AFKs, Bots, etc, because they would receive very little glory.

That is an issue for a DC like me, the more I play for "the team", the lower I end up on the scoreboard...
    As in, I keep my team alive on point 2 the entire match, I get a realy low amount of kills, and rarely any new cap = low points, but I made my best for the team to win...

Maybe reward a bonus of the team score to everybody: 874 to the loosing team in that case.

Better to increase the rewards and make the gear account bound, but make it unable to sell for gold or refine for AD !
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Better to increase the rewards and make the gear account bound, but make it unable to sell for gold or refine for AD !

Which is exactly what I said earlier. I am pretty sure this would destroy the incentive for botting and guarantee better PvP games. Of course having a (ELO/ GS) rating system to avoid lolrofl-stompfests would help also, but that is a separate matter.
  • Options
    eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it is a team play... if u have so much kills and lose game it only means u care nothing about but how to PK... play with team and with ur skills im sure your team will win and u will get glory u want... keep smile :)

P.S. dont get me wrong... i would like also PK based pvp, but for now we have what we have :P
    Veno Forever <3
  • Options
    psycobrabillypsycobrabilly Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The main thing I play is pvp, salvaging glory items is how I make my AD, since my computer lags to bad in dungeons. So I PVP a lot, enough to get almost 24000 glory a day. Anyway out of all that pvping I haven't run into any bots for a long time. So I would hope they keep the gear salvagable. And also I don't mind the way they award glory now. I just wish instead of a blue item when you get first, you could get a rank 4-6 enchant...yeah that be nice.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I would have to agree that at 60, the gear is very underwhelming. While I have equipped my characters off PVP win gear leveling up, once I'm at 60, it's useless. Most often it's also not good enough to put up on the AH other than at 100 AD or so. Aka, not worth it.

Either more enchants, or a higher glory output, or something would be useful.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    eldmorg79 wrote: »
    it is a team play... if u have so much kills and lose game it only means u care nothing about but how to PK... play with team and with ur skills im sure your team will win and u will get glory u want... keep smile :)

I see what your getting at, but I have a tendency to only fight on nodes which are not currently captured by my team, for the most part, I was on the enemies base node and/or node #2 the entire game, I left my 4 teammates to battle on 2 and keep our base node secure, 4 of the enemy team would waltz right past my teammates and capture our base node, then come at 2 and fight on it, rinse and repeat, one or 2 players would occasionally come at me, but for the most part that's what was done for most of the match.
    (Also our CW and HR would never set foot on 2, they were always on the "towers" around 2, or in-between points.)

My point is, I feel like I did everything I possibly could to win the match. But there's only so much 1 person can do, why should I get what everyone else did if they didn't know what they were doing, or gave up early on?
    ~Characters~
    <Level 60s>
    Randy Mirage {GWF}|Raiden Mirage {CW}|Aegis Mirage {GF}|Shadow Mirage {TR}|Elena Mirage {DC}|Ryder Mirage {GF}|Zoey Mirage{GWF}|Tammy Mirage {TR}|Trish Mirage {CW}|Tarik Mirage {DC}|Miranda Mirage {HR}

<Below Level 60>

• Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No, it's not too little glory. You farmed kills from undergeared n00bs for close to 20 minutes. You don't deserve anything more than a cookie.

(Also our CW and HR would never set foot on 2, they were always on the "towers" around 2, or in-between points.)

That is where RANGED players are SUPPOSED to be. Why weren't you there helping THEM in trying to contest node 2?

You were playing with your own personal strategy in mind, not with a strategy that was most conducive for a team victory. Your team deserved to lose.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sigh, I did state that I was on the enemies base node, and/or 2, the entire game. You don't really think I got all my caps and kills on the enemies base node did you? Unless I was expected to run to every single node for the entire game, while my team did what they did, and stayed on 2 for most of the game, even when enemies mount up and go right past them for our base.

Just to recap, why did I, someone who tried my absolute best, get about the same amount of glory as my teammates, and if that's the case, then its better to just leave matches and find a team who WILL roflstomp the enemy team, because I would earn more of the only thing I'm really pvping for, glory.
    #JustSayin :3
    ~Characters~
    <Level 60s>

<Below Level 60>

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Unless I was expected to run to every single node for the entire game, while my team did what they did, and stayed on 2 for most of the game, even when enemies mount up and go right past them for our base.

#JustSayin :3

If that is what your team requires, then yeah, that is what you are expected to do.

Did you try encouraging them? (Not barking orders at them, but making suggestions.)

I know it is fun for a GWF to rush immediately to the enemy's home base and just sit there, frustrating and stymying the enemy. I imagine that's lots of fun for you. But in this case it backfired, because what you did was actually not most helpful for your team.

Edit: You know what I do when I see an enemy GWF head immediately to my home base? I did what the opposite team did to you - I basically ignore them, and go try to take other bases, because I know that I have no chance to kill you. The other team adapted to your strategy, but you did not see that.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If that is what your team requires, then yeah, that is what you are expected to do.

Did you try encouraging them? (Not barking orders at them, but making suggestions.)

I know it is fun for a GWF to rush immediately to the enemy's home base and just sit there, frustrating and stymying the enemy. I imagine that's lots of fun for you. But in this case it backfired, because what you did was actually not most helpful for your team.

Edit: You know what I do when I see an enemy GWF head immediately to my home base? I did what the opposite team did to you - I basically ignore them, and go try to take other bases, because I know that I have no chance to kill you. The other team adapted to your strategy, but you did not see that.

When i read this I see a typical hr/tr/cw that expects others to do their work, dieing at points so they can shoot at range or sneak in kill get away at leisure. If you have a GWF running between 2 pads killing everything on them standing protecting them you should ask yourself wtf are your team doing to support HIM.

There is NOTHING more helpful a gwf can do for his team then to charge enimy pad at start, absolutly nothing(it is pugs we are talking about) period.
    Mostly it results in the other team having 2-3 players from other team that protect their own point while your team gets both mid and your own.
    Defending own point is more or less a sure loss as you get stucked between your own bad and mid while other team has 2 points.

If you are lucky enough to have a gwf in your team that can clear points and hold them and you cant win any way its sure as hell not his fault couse he is doing everything right.

This is basic, extreamly basic, strat if you havent figured it out yet you are very inexperianced and have a lot to learn.....
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yea the glory reward is way to little,
    but they could add a daily quests for pvp,
    accumulate certain amount of capture points
    to complete daily quests or a per hour repeatable
    quest. and the quest will reward you with glory
    and remove glory as a reward for wining the pvp matches.

something like that, that cant be exploited.
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    What can I say.

All you see is the huge number of kills and think that that alone deserves some sort of reward.

I see a rigid adherence to a failed strategy.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    All you see is the huge number of kills and think that that alone deserves some sort of reward.

I see a rigid adherence to a failed strategy.

OK you dont want to understand/to lazy to read or?

Lets break it down shall we...

1 gwf rush enemy point kills 2-3 players own team manage to loose both points. Gwf discovers that they dont try to take back his point so he goes to middle killing 2-3 players securing that point while his own team defend home point(misserable tactic that is seen far to often by nab teams).
    At same time enemy team takes home base again so gwf runs to that, either just taking it or killing some to take it, all while his team do not manage to hold mid and as soon as he leaves the enemy pad they take it back while he kills what he can in mid but cant take it back as the enemy team keeps 2-3 players ON POINT WHILE HIS TEAM ATTACK FROM RANGE::::::::

Now how do you cap points NOT BY USING RANGE BUT STANDING ON THEM:::::::

You can kill as much as you like but you cant take a point if the enemy keeps launching peeps to it and with home base secure all they need to do is to keep poring people into mid and gwf cant take it nm how much he kills....

Trust me this is what happens all to often, your team is not willing to die on points but wants to fire from secure locations leaving you alone on points.

Now blaming the gwf for his inability to change strat is pure stupidity, if you devastate the other team like he did and tries to secure points(read his text) and your team cant take advantage of it yea well not all teams are either good or bright.....
  • Options
    dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    That's more glory than I usually get when I win.

I always run my GWF to #2 and when I die, I see that there is only me and 4-5 enemies on it.

Whenever I get into a group and see nothing but CWs, HRs, and/or (poor)TRs, I know right away we're going to lose. But somehow I'm the one who sucks because I got no kills and they got a bunch. I'm a T1 wearing Destroyer, but a 15K GS, perfect Vorpal using Sentinel. I can't do it alone.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    marnival wrote: »
    When i read this I see a typical hr/tr/cw that expects others to do their work, dieing at points so they can shoot at range or sneak in kill get away at leisure. If you have a GWF running between 2 pads killing everything on them standing protecting them you should ask yourself wtf are your team doing to support HIM.

There is NOTHING more helpful a gwf can do for his team then to charge enimy pad at start, absolutly nothing(it is pugs we are talking about) period.
    Mostly it results in the other team having 2-3 players from other team that protect their own point while your team gets both mid and your own.

Yeah, this is true...

When I pug and see a GWF or TR go take their home, I'm happy to know I have at least one player that knows his task.

Backcapping is a simple but extremely effective strat against pugs, if done right:

- pug will try to kill GWF/TR 3 vs 1, enemy team is in superiority on 2 points
    - pug will try to ignore backcapper cause he is too powerful even for 2-3 of them, GWF/TR will cap then come to help his team, and neutralize anybody fast

Usually a pug will fall apart right at the very moment when they are trying to "defend home" 3 vs GWF, and their other 2 guys lost badly 2vs4 at mid, an the 4 enemies come and help the GWF and obliterate the pug.

Right after this, pug will all be in spawn, and enemies near spawn.

What else can go wrong, lol...

As for sniping from a distance as a HR/CW... well it's your job. However, if the point is red, you gotta contest it, regardless of your imminent death, so yup, this might mean you will have to go 1 vs 2/3 and so on. Good luck at that, but it's still what you gotta do :)
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just a note against a pug on an hr I go on to the base, usually one or two come chase me looking for an easy kill, and I use escape and lead them on a chase. My team mates kill the other couple on the base, I come back and suddenly the two I lead on a chase are outnumbered and die fast.

Use the fact that you're squishy as bait and draw off those that can only see kills to make capping easier.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What's also annoying is if someone/people leave and you're getting slaughtered, you may get no glory at all which encourages leaving even further.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Now blaming the gwf for his inability to change strat is pure stupidity, if you devastate the other team like he did and tries to secure points(read his text) and your team cant take advantage of it yea well not all teams are either good or bright.....

But that is my point - he DIDN'T "devastate" the other team, the other team BEAT HIM.

If his team has a bunch of ranged fighters who want to fight at 2 from range, then the GWF should be at point 2 assisting them in taking and holding point 2. Ignore the enemy's home base. That would be what's called working within the limitations of one's team, instead of just charging ahead with a rigid strategy that is doomed to fail.

The GWF is not a Field Marshal who gets to order the rest of the team around. He is just another teammate.

This is a team game. If your team sucks, then your team sucks and you don't deserve any more rewards than the rest of your team no matter how big your e-peen is.

What you are really asking for are rewards based on a person's individual performance. That would only lead to untold amounts of griefing and generally unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If his team has a bunch of ranged fighters who want to fight at 2 from range, then the GWF should be at point 2 assisting them in taking and holding point 2. Ignore the enemy's home base. That would be what's called working within the limitations of one's team, instead of just charging ahead with a rigid strategy that is doomed to fail.

The GWF is not a Field Marshal who gets to order the rest of the team around. He is just another teammate.

This is a team game. If your team sucks, then your team sucks and you don't deserve any more rewards than the rest of your team no matter how big your e-peen is.

What you are really asking for are rewards based on a person's individual performance. That would only lead to untold amounts of griefing and generally unsportsmanlike behavior.

You can kill as much as you like but you cant take a point if the enemy keeps launching peeps to it and with home base secure all they need to do is to keep poring people into mid and gwf cant take it nm how much he kills....

I dont know if you are just ignoreing facts to defend your point of view or what it is that you dont understand with a team that refuses to stand on points and die for a win.
    If you still dont get what happend and why he cant win alone against a team willing to sacrifice itself to hold points i cant really help you .........
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Actually, you can take the point, because that's where the GWF's support is, the ranged players. It's easier and faster to kill half-dead players than players at full strength.

Once again: ranged players are supposed to fight from range. They aren't supposed to stand on points and try to defend them in melee combat.

If you don't want to PUG, don't PUG. But if you PUG, you are bound to get a team that doesn't do what you think they ought to do. So you can either (a) do your own thing regardless of what the rest of the team is doing, or (b) work within the limitations of your team to try to create a victory. Because this is a TEAM GAME, if you choose path (a) and you lose, then you don't deserve any more rewards than the rest of your team.