test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't decide between Devoted Cleric or Control Wizard!

kap273kap273 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hi there, I just finally started playing NW last week. I don't know why I held off so long, I'm really enjoying the game, especially the combat! I plan on sticking around. My only problem is I can't decide which character to level first, my DC or my CW. Right now I've been sort of leveling them both, got the DC to 25 and the CW to 18. I know both are desirable for endgame, but their both a ton of fun to play I can't pick just one to focus on. I've been playing MMOs for years, video games forever and I was playing D&D when there was a Basic, Expert AND Advanced version.

So anyone able to sway me in one direction or should I just keep leveling them both. Thanks!

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No one really cares about the Gear Score of a Cleric, because they are the least gear-dependent class, and they are always the most in-demand member of any group. So, if you really want to commit to one class and like playing it, Cleric is your best bet to seeing all the content in the game ASAP and be welcomed in any group or guild.

If, however, you simply want to level one of them the fastest to 60 and then the other immediately after, then CW will be by far the fastest to level.

Tip: I recommend you do every Skirmish on each character at least once, however, since you cannot come back to those, except indirectly and randomly via very infrequent Call To Arms events.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't focus on one or the other -- just play the one you want according to the mood you're in. I did that with my DC and CW and have no regrets.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR