test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Burning Guidance

dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Temple
So Burning Guidance is one of the new boons in the dread ring campaign:

Burning Guidance - Your healing spells have a chance to burn enemies near the target for 120 Radiant damage.

I think this boon combine with moontouched hollowground and astral shield will be amazing since they both heal multiple targets and heal over time for a longer period of time than most powers.

Does anyone has this on the preview shard and tested this out yet?
Post edited by dustwiper on

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Haven't seen it in action on Preview, but I can't imagine how it could be good. Even if every single one of our HoT powers could proc this boon on each tick with a 100% chance, the damage would still be pretty poor.

As it is, 120 damage with an undisclosed proc activation chance that will most likely activate on initial cast only for most or all abilities looks really, really terrible.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For it to be useful it would need at least a 40% proc chance and the damage being 260 with unlimited targets (and not necessarily proc on HoT)

The Shield is more useful
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is the most useless boon but the only boon meant for cleric cuz we HEAL. I will take that however because no other better choices, i don't kill and don't life steal much.

1. Internal cooldown unknown. If it procs once per minute it is like 120 damage extra per minute + it is unpredictable.
    2. Burning Guidance - Your healing spells have a chance to burn enemies near the target for 120 Radiant damage. Not 100% so if it is only 5% or lesser, it is totally useless.
    3. Astral sheild although is counted as HoT in healing chart but it is a regen. It doesn't proc cleanse, linked spirit etc feats that require healings and it is a regen so it doesn't crit thus Burning Guidance will not sygnergize with Astral sheild (i assume).
    4. It is too early to discuss as nobody now has that boon. Should review this post after 2 weeks.