What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Encounters and Bosses

plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Temple
hi
I am a new cleric, playing for several months and reached level 60
my build is for max healing and stat (healer lore + foresight)
and my daily's are Hallowed ground and Hammer of faith
in many bosses I feel less usefull....
since most parties are not picky about clerics I guess other new players have similar feeling

what encounter you use on which boss, and how?

this is my preference so far but again, sometimes i feel not useful

Pirate king: since everyone go frenzy I need to max healing, I use: Astral shield, Forgemaster, Sun burst
these are my encounters all time till we reach final boss as well

Frozen Heart: I always did that with GF. I do less healing, and keep low profile. I mainly try to kill the archers: Forgemaster, Break the spirit, Daunting light

Karrundax: first mini boss I again keep low profile: Astral shield, Forgemaster, Break the spirit
I am not sure if astral shield is that useful...
for the final boss I go with max healing: Astral shield, Forgemaster, Sun burst

Spellplague Caverns: I am not sure what to do? I feel the party can actually go without me.
I try to attract argo and do a bit of wiping. but again, I feel i don't do it right, I fail more the 50% I think
I use: Forgemaster, Sun burst, Break the spirit

Temple of the spider: again max healing, but I am not sure its the best, since you need to take down the boss fast: Astral shield, Forgemaster, Sun burst

Dread Vault: not a common run. I try to wipe a bit and heal the mele characters: Astral shield, Forgemaster, Sun burst

I opened Castel Never and Valindra Tower but never did it

my thumb rule is, whenever I don't need to use healing I try to reduce boss defense with Break the spirit.
Is Prophecy of doom is better? (its got really long animation and cool down)
What Encounters you prefer on PVP?
Post edited by plavia on

Comments

• Options
    craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Well, the encounters used at bosses depending hard on your partysetup and also a bit about everyones GS.

Did some PK runs with 3CWs and 1 TR next to me (DC), I was kinda forced to run with full heal spells, same setup other people Ashield and Aseals been way enough, so I equpped Divine Glow and Searing Light.

At Spellplague I run with sunburst for knockback, other spells depending on party again, mostly healing word for some healing and divine divine glow at boss if there are two melees or more.
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • Options
    nesshxnesshx Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I always slot chains, ff/healing word/divine glow, astral shield. First of all, those who are fighting the boss should do well enough with astral seal on boss, otherwise they are just bad. Sometimes you might help them with casting FF on boss. Astral Shield goes for those who are on adds, just try to place it so it will affect the most people. Chains are for generating divinity. Generally if there is somebody kiting really hard, you should slot healing word because you won't be able to heal him with other spells. They only debuff that is worth using is Divine Glow. And if you feel useless, then you're actually doing your job.
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jenisyde wrote: »
    Here is a work in progress DC guide i posted for the public. It's a work in progress, but it will be about 20% longer with more detail soon.

I saw your guide, you have lot of deflect and regen... you also didn't put any points to "Benefit of foresight"
    its not the classic build :)

the more I play the the more I change encounters
    My guess a tip for a new character is focus on your 2 at will, maybe 3 class features and 2 daily
    rest of the points just max encounters, there all good at some point (except bastion of health and searing light i tried all of them, i think)
  • Options
    jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Everyone thinks i'm crazy for no foresight, but i'm clearing all T2s with my guild group with ease. VT included.
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jenisyde wrote: »
    Everyone thinks i'm crazy for no foresight, but i'm clearing all T2s with my guild group with ease. VT included.

No one said that you'd be helpless without Foresight or that it would be impossible to clear content. Clearing T2s generally isn't difficult.

Sure, I can eat without utensils, but it makes better sense to use the tools I have at my disposal. More efficient and cleaner for myself and for any innocent bystanders.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    No one said that you'd be helpless without Foresight or that it would be impossible to clear content. Clearing T2s generally isn't difficult.

Sure, I can eat without utensils, but it makes better sense to use the tools I have at my disposal. More efficient and cleaner for myself and for any innocent bystanders.

And also I posted the wrong screen shot originally. The guide is editted and fixed. I run foresight, but I interchange passives depending on what is happening. Situational.
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com