test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scroll of faith effect duration?

petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I might be blind, but I do not believe it said how long the buff on the scroll of faith lasts. At first I assumed it was permanent, but I just got one for +50 speed and I very much doubt I can keep that for the life of may ranger :)
Post edited by petestarks on

Comments

• xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was wondering the same thing. I opened 1 fortune and its a +50 recovery scroll. No duration information leads me to believe its permanent, but then reality says "yeah right."
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I used one to test, yesterday, and I believe the duration was 30 minutes.
  • petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I really hope they update the tool tip seeing how I'm not the only one confused with this.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    twstdecho wrote: »
    I used one to test, yesterday, and I believe the duration was 30 minutes.

Correct , all the ones I have used so far have been 30 minutes and they consist of the glory one , the gold one , the speed one the recovery one and the power one.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks! :)

I hope that they add that to the description. Hard to know when to
    use items if you have no idea of the duration.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    actually, i would like to see the duration be a random time. finding a scroll and being able to identify it is one thing, but the magic coursing through it is something unknown... at least in my whole d&d immersion thing. :D
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I first assumed that it was a permanent stat boost, too (didn't seem unrealistically OP since the increase was small), but others in the zone got me thinking otherwise. I'd be cool with a random duration, too, but I'd really like the tooltips to state explicitly that it's not permanent either way. I hope people haven't done what I almost did and used their scrolls en masse thinking their stats would be boosted permanently.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    I first assumed that it was a permanent stat boost, too.

As long as they were untradable and didn't stack, I didn't see any real problem with them being perm.

Oh well.