test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leveling in neverwinter

ducksleague1ducksleague1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone, so i just wanted to make this post because something has been bothering me

So im leveling a TR at the moment, and every zone i go to, im 2 or more levels behind it, and i actually do alot of quests, is there some sort of trick to leveling in neverwinter, I asked my guild and got the usual *Do pvp* But it doesnt give much at all. it would be better to just grind mobs

So why am i always behind in levels and how can i fix this problem. Please help
Post edited by ducksleague1 on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This has been pointed out since Module 2 made some changes to early quests.

To make up the levels I tend to run shorter 15min+ foundries (e.g. Bills Tavern, Hidden Blade, etc) during Foundry hour when you actually get decent XP, and also run Blacklake and Orc Assault skirmishes when the Skirmish Hour is up. Combined this means a decent amount of XP and some additional ADs. Remember to pick up and claim the daily quests from Rhix via 'L' . :)
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It happens a bit in the first areas (especially in the pirate/harper area), but once you hit level 30 or so you will start outleveling content quite fast... just keep going and remember to pray as often as you can :)
  • ducksleague1ducksleague1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmm okay, i guess ill just have to rough it out till then
  • wiserwithagewiserwithage Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited December 2013
    In the early stages of the game, it is possible to consume all of the quests in a zone and move on before you've gained enough levels. This usually comes with avoiding enemy mobs that you don't have to fight and possibly not finding every side quest.

What's an easy PvE solution? Your answer is the Foundry system.

1) Go to Protector's Enclave. Talk to the kobold named Rhix in the center bazar area. You'll easily find him by looking for the blue ! system on the map, which indicates a NPC who gives out a repeatable quest.

2) Talk to Rhix and take whatever quest is currently available for Foundry missions. (By completing Foundry missions, you'll work towards completing the quest. Once finished, turn the quest in for Rough Astral Diamonds. This quest can be repeated daily.)

3) Hit the L button to bring up the main menu window. About mid way down, there's a horizontal line of Foundry missions. At the Foundry header, there's a button that will take you into a dedicated Foundry menu.

4) Once there, you can filter the Foundry missions to find something that suits your tastes. As a lower level player who is experiencing the system for the 1st time, it might help to run a mission that gives you some free NPC aid as combat pets.

5) The classic suggestion is a mission called "Tired of Being the Hero". Make sure to read the instructions in the Foundry entry's description to avoid bugging yourself. For your 1st run, I'd suggest taking the Orb from the NPC since it gives you access to some interesting conversation choices. (Regardless of which item you take, make sure to explore a bit on your 1st time. Each item will let you access different areas of the instanced mission for extra NPC aid.)
  • jarebla1051jarebla1051 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited December 2013
    All good replies, "wiser" gave good info on the foundry. "Tired of Being the Hero" is a great quest. One thing you'll see other players talk about is "Foundry" allows some quick leveling. Many new HRs obtained L 60 after just a day of Foundry play. So if that's the way you care to go, by all means.

From your original post, I take it you'd feel better being same or higher levels than the zones. Don't think it was mentioned, I have found even at zone level, yes the minions are about my level yet the bosses tend to be higher still. Just the way it is I'll guess.

You could sideline your TR and invoke regularly and gain levels as well. My GF professional is at L 35 on the board, but is holding onto a dozen levels unclaimed. Don't have any plans for the GF except the professions, so I just invoke.
    "One Riot, One Ranger" **

Deuce HR L 60 Archer Build+Melee
    Bow Expert
    Blade Proficient

(**Motto of the Texas Rangers, 1823-Present. Dept. of Public Services, State of Texas)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    All good advise so far just remember not to out level the quest line after level 30. I managed to do that on my Guardian Fighter and now have two areas I will never be able to complete with him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • concubinesconcubines Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    socket azures in util. slots.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    concubines wrote: »
    socket azures in util. slots.

This is a good tip. If you keep your utility slots filled with even rank 1 azures it really helps. (three ranks 1 azures = 10% XP gain :))
  • ravenlock99ravenlock99 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know it's not as exciting as missions, quests, foundry etc, but just farm monster experience an extra level or two per zone. Leveling is ridiculously fast in this game through quests, so I just run around farming spawn points to slow things down a little bit. Also, it keeps my level in line with quest rewards.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Azures and grinding out levels are what I've used. Like they said, it pretty much stops after mid level especially if you don't play the character every day but keep invoking. Fortunately, the lower level stuff is really easy, even under leveled. The higher level stuff can be pretty frustrating in the boss fights if you don't think tactically - so the extra levels can be a boon.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother