test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seismic Shot Bug

dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
What are the green lights erupting from holes in the ground around the world? Spotted one in trade of blades and one on the winter festival map.
Post edited by dustwiper on

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ranger daily ability. Sometimes bugs out and the animation stays afterwards.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The eruption of green light coming from the ground is very irritating because it lags my machine. When I see one of those my framerate drops through the floor!
  • sokarrostausokarrostau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 45
    edited December 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Ranger daily ability. Sometimes bugs out and the animation stays afterwards.

Huh? Which ability? I can't think of a daily that puts a crater in the ground which has a pillar of green light coming out of it.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seismic shot daily likes to bug out leaving that after effect behind. It has been fixed a couple times but the bug likes to keep coming back.
  • sokarrostausokarrostau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 45
    edited December 2013
    Seismic Shot was the only one I could think of, since it's green. I can see how it's bugging and it makes some sense (it's just one part of the line). Can't say I've ever had it bug on me.
  • indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    The original bug with it caused that to occur anytime seismic shot was used while in melee stance. They sorta fixed it a couple of times, but there's still something causing it to happen occasionally. It happens much less than it used to. Before module 2 went live, some zones on preview were near unplayable due to so many of those after effects.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    indolo238 wrote: »
    Before module 2 went live, some zones on preview were near unplayable due to so many of those after effects.

Right after it went live, it was still pretty bad.

I remember being just as confused when I first saw it, thinking it was supposed to be some sort of rare green meteorite I could collect.
  • thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lag fest. Pretty sure it hasn't been fixed yet.

lagfest_zps21f1fc0e.jpg
    edited December 2013
    It was fixed but somehow it keeps coming back.
  • guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not really lag, its frame rate loss. Remember, lag will pull you back to the spot where the lag started, and frame rate which its video card and other things which i really dont remember, its like a sporadic freeze, but it wont pull you back. Anyways, frame rate loss its worst. I bought a new video card since I've being needing one, but feel like useless because of this issue (FIX IT PLEASE!!!!!!), you got lucky having 6, I've being in a few where its better if you just switch instance, or log off. Sadly there are a few HR that have ZERO MOBS around and they just hit the daily, id say accidental touch of the button but, too many times its no accident.
  • indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, if it's bad in your instance, you can try switching to a different instance where hopefully there aren't many left overs in the area you're trying to play in.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    People need to be letting the Devs know IN GAME via the Bug Report Tool, when it happens, so they can try and find the common denominator (if there is one) They have said multiple times that they NEED this info to be able to fix it for good ... Just sayin'
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • soldeadeyesoldeadeye Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28
    edited December 2013
    Well Playing The Winter Festival events are getting super super laggy everyday i come to any server to do my quest or to play in the events all i see is around 8-10 glitched/bugged Sesmic shot skill frozen in place all over the map. its almost impossable for me to play in the events anymore. cryptic please fix this issue its very frustrating watching your FPS drop down to 10fps and makeing your game crash because there is an overload of Sesmic shot skill's frozen in place all over the neverwinter maps.. anyone else having this issue please post your feed back....
    edited December 2013
    I don't see it cause I change instances when i see the bug. I know the bug keeps creeping back after each fix.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This makes the game unplayable for me in any zone where more than 2 bugged Seismic Shots occur, because my fps slows to between 1 and 3 frames/sec. Not looking forward to questing after the festival knowing that these are going to be out in the adventure zones as well. I would really appreciate a fix.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thorak257 wrote: »
    Lag fest. Pretty sure it hasn't been fixed yet.

lagfest_zps21f1fc0e.jpg

I been spotting them at that same spot for the past three days.
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The problem with the seismic shot animation not canceling after it has gone off is STILL around after it was "fixed" in one of the last patches. Seeing more of them than ever and when there are more than one or two in an area, it causees massive FPS lag (I normaly run around with anywhere from 40-60 FPS, this makes me drop below 10 and makes the game look like I'm watching a slide show)

yathiswasfixednot.jpg

yathiswasfixednot2.jpg

Please fix this (again) because it becomes incredibly frustrating to play in zones where there are multiple ones of these all over the place.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've seen those too but they actually look like Thorn Wards staying after they should expire rather than Seismic Shot. Quite possible they both do bug.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dustwiper wrote: »
    I been spotting them at that same spot for the past three days.

Yeah I ran into this earlier , frame rate dropped badly while I was anywhere within line of sight of the gfx , obviously I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff but to be honest I think its about time the graphics guys on the development team give up on this and make a less harmful gfx for the skill. And like a couple of others above have speculated I think that the players who did this did it on purpose to try to get an advantage and therefore need to have a GM log on while they are doing it and ban the players who do it.
    I've seen those too but they actually look like Thorn Wards staying after they should expire rather than Seismic Shot. Quite possible they both do bug.

It's definitely Seismic shock , you can tell because at the base of the effect you can see the earth being churned up , with thorn ward the skill effect has no graphics like that.
  • spritalsspritals Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Trying to figure out what those green flaring openings with rocks pouring out are. there was a couple in monsters on ice now there are about a dozen and I'm finding them throughout the realms.

What are they? part of a quest or what? Any one know...?

Echo-CW; Vistra Battleheart-GWF; Septembre-HR
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • soldeadeyesoldeadeye Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28
    edited December 2013
    well all i can say is the longer they wait to fix this issue the more the Seismic Shot bugs will keep building up.. its allready getting to the point to where the Winter Event Is Almost empty. its killing the Xmass event and people who are trying to have a great time are having a bad one. come on cryptic fix this skill to save XMASS!!