test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comments

• Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    here's a suggestion for companion xp... when i'm using completely leveled companions, let me pool companion xp so i can assign it to other companions. otherwise, companion xp as a reward on leveled companions is totally wasted. maybe stackable companion xp boxes or something similar. maybe?
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So, you need the best to do the best. How is that surprising to anyone? That's generally how MMOs work, and this is a mini-game directly attached to an MMO.

The thing is, many people don't need to have the best and do the best to have fun. Just as one can have fun in the main game without top of the line gear, enchants, and whatnot... one can have fun in SCA without all purple rank 30 pets.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    here's a suggestion for companion xp... when i'm using completely leveled companions, let me pool companion xp so i can assign it to other companions. otherwise, companion xp as a reward on leveled companions is totally wasted. maybe stackable companion xp boxes or something similar. maybe?

I look at that as part of the cost of having a much more certain victory, so that one has a better chance of continuing the game so that leveling companions can continue to benefit from ongoing play. That's what I use my Rank 30 Dire Wolf for on the character I've been giving SCA a go with. He is my pinch hitter so to speak, that keeps the inning going. Sure, the other companions don't benefit from that one battle directly, but they will from the subsequent battle opportunities.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    not so free xD try do the epic dungeon whitout rank 30 pet xD you will notice is almost impossible beat event he first mob xD for epic dungeon ( max lvl ) you need a full team of rank 30 pet ^^ a nice money maker. If they maybe will reduce a bit the power of the epic mob all the player will be able at last to kill some mob inside that dungeon
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    So, you need the best to do the best. How is that surprising to anyone? That's generally how MMOs work, and this is a mini-game directly attached to an MMO.

The thing is, many people don't need to have the best and do the best to have fun. Just as one can have fun in the main game without top of the line gear, enchants, and whatnot... one can have fun in SCA without all purple rank 30 pets.
    You're missing the point of the feedback people are giving. If the reward for the hardest mission is inferior to what is required to complete the mission what is the point?

Imagine if Valindria's Tower only gave blue quality gear. That's what the reward system for SCA is right now. You need the best gear to get in the door, but what you receive upon completion is vendor trash.

Many people have said that the missions are fun. I myself am particularly enjoying the winter event dungeon as it's a solid challenge for white quality companions with rewards that I care about. Also, I was very glad to see the option to invoke built into SCA.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Aim of the Epic LV 30 Dungeon is that if you like the challenge and the level of Tactics, and the D&D style story telling then it is enjoyable to play - IF i wanted to just walk in an slay everything I would just play a lower level.

I am not considering it a part of Neverwinter, but a stand alone little game, that is enjoyable and with a Bonus that the loot goes to a real game.

I want a multitude of Lv 30's on 1 toon just to play this - I do not need to play it on my other toons, so I can just enjoy the game play. Spending AD on upgrades does not really bother me because = I have nothing to really grab my inspiration in game to need AD for anyway - the amount of AD I have spent of worthless Keys is ridiculous. I don't even know why I have opened the last 20 boxes.

On a side note I find the Rust Monster atm at lv 25 absolute Rubbish -I can not wait to get to lv 26 for the bonus die - the Blue "Skeletal Dog" just kicks its butt. It died 4/5 encounters and the Dog just comes in and wins em!!!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sirjesto wrote: »
    More people complaining about free stuff. Unbelievable.

It's called feedback.. You know that stuff that potentially leads to improvements and a better play experience for everyone? Yeah that's the stuff.

Having said that I spent maybe an hour with it and found it a nice diversion. Most of the tasks were not worth it based on the rewards but I did do the winter Festival one twice. The first time using purple/blue companions it was pretty easy. The second time I picked some green/white companions and it was more 'challenging' if you can call random dice rolls a challenge.

The one thing I wasn't sure about is that I did read stamina regenerates over time but I didn't see the rate mentioned. Is it something like 1 stamina an hour or what? I sort of got turned off when I saw the 'Refill Stamina" (for zen) option.

And to add to the loud chorus since the companion upgrade prices were announced, even though I'm sure the chance of adjustments is about 0%, they are just too dang high. They need to be cut at least in half before I'll even consider spending AD on that. I doubt I am in the minority on that.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

The one thing I wasn't sure about is that I did read stamina regenerates over time but I didn't see the rate mentioned. Is it something like 1 stamina an hour or what? I sort of got turned off when I saw the 'Refill Stamina" (for zen) option.

1 point every 8 min if i recall correct. It is written there if u hover the mouse.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While the game itself gets many outcries of P2W, there is no content in the game that you cannot complete as a F2P player. This mini game however is almost inherently P2W...the redeeming factor lies in that the winnings are meagre and thus of very little consequence.

As many have said, it's an interesting diversion, but with companion pricing at it's current level...no more than a temporary spark of interest, rapidly blocked off by the paywall.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just tested a lv 6 dungeon with 4 purple pets - two of them are lv 25/26, and i felt i had a very small chance of finishing.

That said, the theif looks kinda cool, might put it on my rouge (lots of crits) or CW - if it procs _every time_ you crit it is awesome, if it procs only sometimes or has some nasty internal cooldown, it might be near worthless.

That said, out of the small chance for that one companion - i get more out of the game and have more fun playing the game. Might be worth it on a communte on a rail or something, but otherwise really not worth the effort :S
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    My two cents:

After playing around with SCA for a while, I find it completely rubbish... yet with a lot of potential. The problem is that there is no strategy to it. You companions doesn't matter (other than level), and the actual gameplay is incredible dull. Just click the dice, wait for it to auto-roll, click the dice and so on until you either win or lose. That's it. And again, it doesn't matter at all what companions you have. I have one with a ton of shields failing shield-rolls entirely in one challenge, only to finish the whole thing after a single roll the next time. In the same challenge, no less. Your companions don't have any special attacks or skills, despite having it in the "real" game. Everything comes down to leveling up your companions, then praying to whatever gods will listen that you get the correct dice.

So how can it be improved and fun? Not so difficult, actually.

First, the companions need to matter. Take my TR, for instance. She has one hawk, one armored orc wolf and one sylph (and a dog, but no one cards about that one.) :p What if the hawk was faster and hit more often, but was weak? The wolf could hit hard and somewhat fast, and can also take a lot of damage (being armored and all.) The sylph don't hit hard and can't take much damage, but she can use magic. So by using strategy, I could match each companion to a challenge. One challenge needing a lot of magic? Send in the sylph. A band of monsters blocking the way? Send in the wolf, and so on. This way, the companion we choose will actually matter. It won't be picking one at random, then picking a new one at random if we fail.

Second, learn from Puzzle Quest. In PQ, we store points for each block we remove, so we can later unleash all of it as special attacks. Maybe the hawk can blind the enemies, making it easier to get the blocks we need. The wolf can remove some of the blocks we need, meaning we now need three shields instead of seven, and so on. The sylph cn magically transform a die into one we need, perhaps. Again, this will mean the companion we choose actually matter, and adds some strategy to the game. (and each specail move has to be saved up over time, of course. Balance is everything.)

Third, and crucially, it should be developed into an actual game, and not just a late after-thought on the gateway. It can be both online (everything is saved on the gateway) and offer bonuses in the "real" game, but it can also be played offline as a stand-alone game. Preferably on tablets, but PCs are fun, too. And even consoles, to draw in extra fans, maybe?

As it is right now, it's fun for a few minutes, but completely pointless and boring after a short while. In my opinion, at least. Good effort, but needs a ton of polish.
  • Options
    psycobrabillypsycobrabilly Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hate to go a bit off topic, but could someone tell me or post a link about what the Swordcoast Adventuers is about?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hate to go a bit off topic, but could someone tell me or post a link about what the Swordcoast Adventuers is about?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1036411
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Small question to anyone who has explored the mini-game. I'm eyeing the Con Artist companion for its active companion bonus. How hard is it to obtain that companion?

Thanks in advance for any leads!
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Haven't seen it listed in any of the dungeons
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Small question to anyone who has explored the mini-game. I'm eyeing the Con Artist companion for its active companion bonus. How hard is it to obtain that companion?

Thanks in advance for any leads!

It only has a chance to drop from rank 6 dungeons and it doesn't appear to be a big chance.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, NWNghost and Dardove. It's sad to hear that we need to beat an r6 dungeon to get a white companion. :\ Guess I'll be taking my time on this one and go for another companion for now.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, NWNghost and Dardove. It's sad to hear that we need to beat an r6 dungeon to get a white companion. :\ Guess I'll be taking my time on this one and go for another companion for now.

It is actually blue quality.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've tried my luck with a team of blue companions and a green one, and i've not been able to complete anything but T3, maybe T4 if i'm horribly lucky, dungeons. That sucks. I don't plan to buy any purple pets, and this won't change my mind. That's just content i won't play because that's way too hard for people who have other priorities than spending a crapload of cash or most of my current in-game resources to play an online pokemon game... :rolleyes:

Oh and rewards for T3 and T4 aren't worth my time. Will never do that again unless there's a major overhaul or special events like the winter one.
  • Options
    bijikbijik Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So why are this game not english on my ipad, was looking forward to play it on it this holyday since i will be away from my pc, tryed every thing, its on some strange luanguage no idee....
  • Options
    skiametricskiametric Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I feel like my pool of companions should be sourced account wide. I have one decent companion per character, but I can't do any of the harder dungeons unless I have 4 really good companions for every character. Seems unfair.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Winter Event on Sword Coast Adventures is a great way to earn Lights of Simiril. The PC version of the game is great - I just wish it would end an encounter right away if there was no possible way to win, (like needing 2 of something but only having 1 die that can only give you 1 symbol).

The tablet version of the game, (when played via Chrome in Android 4.2 at least), doesn't seem to allow you to preview what is required for each encounter, until you click it and go into the actual encounter screen.

Overall, it's a nice diversion, and the inclusion of a way to extend your Celestial Coins is a great addition.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I just wish it would end an encounter right away if there was no possible way to win, (like needing 2 of something but only having 1 die that can only give you 1 symbol).

This would be a welcome change.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    4 purple companions, 8 wipes, 4 wins so far in attempt to get that thief.
    Like I didn't have enough grind ingame...

It's really annoying when you get to lvl 3 of tier 6 and there are only 3 encounters with 8 thievery checks around you.
  • Options
    coldcoopercoldcooper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to say, the drop chance of blue companion is quite lame!

it costs me about 20min to finish one run.

And everytime , there were only 1250 rough AD , some rank4 enchant and a seal of unicorn,

where is my companion T.T !!??

Despair....
  • Options
    coldcoopercoldcooper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    It's called feedback.. You know that stuff that potentially leads to improvements and a better play experience for everyone? Yeah that's the stuff.

Yeah the only feedback I heard was to make it easier to get the free stuff. No Improvements necessary. Just actually spend some time and do a little work to get companions that can do the thing. There are a lot of lazy people in this game.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Whether you agree with it or not doesn't really change anything.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    This would be a welcome change.

I also think that if 3 of your companions are "resting", then it shouldn't prompt you to select which companion to use for the next encounter you select.

I'd also like to see a "disable animations" option for if/when we access the gateway from a slow computer - like a single-core netbook that is all I sometimes have with me.

Another suggestion would be if you fail a roll, perhaps it could highlight the dice that can or cannot produce the required symbol... just to make things a little more expedient.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Given the difficulty of completing a map (and time), the rewards are pretty light.
    I have 4 purple companions ( A Cleric, Fairy, Phoera, and Galeb Dhur ), and have found the
    top tier maps virtually impossible to do, considering the number of key-heavy puzzles. Funny that you need
    to already have a high level thief companion to win another one - what's the point?