test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leadership rewards

poulsbopoulsbo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but can leadership rewards be adjusted? It has been my experience that the blue and purple chests are nearly identical in what loot they contain. What is the point of maxing your crafter (the slooooowest leveling profession) and getting all of the purple tools etc. when the best reward you can get is a level 4 enchantment or two? I opened 3 purple chests and 2 blue chests this afternoon and I got no enchantments - just random crafting ingredients with 0-2 blue ingredients per.

It would be nice if there was a way to earn a few items that might be found in a rusted iron lockbox drop - for those of us who can't afford to drop the money on enchanted keys. Make it as hard to get as you want, at least there would be a chance amongst the crafting mats and low level enchants.
Post edited by poulsbo on

Comments

• giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Id like a bit more gold in the Leadership, you can get a lot of stuff through SCA now it seems.
  • valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    +1

Would be great to get a boost to rewards for leadership.

Keeping it sensible I think an adjustment where there is an all round increase in gold earnt from leadership tasks would be a great start. In addition to this making it more reliable to get major healing potions and the addition of injury kits to the purple chests (again in a reliable fashion) would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ulkaurulkaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think they should look at all of the different Leadership quests and re-rate the rewards based on:

1. Time to complete. 16-18 hours to help a priest or wizard for 200-300 diamonds and 20 silver vs. 12 hours with no requirements for 1600 diamonds and 60 silver. Which would you do? I for one have never taken the priest/wizard quests. 6 hours for 400 diamonds means I can still get 1200 in the time it would have taken me to do it.

2. Upgrades on assets for Leadership (well, all professions really) should progress from whites all the way to purples. It should not take as long to upgrade the T1 white to T2 as it does to T3. Also, you should be able to upgrade the footman to a man-at-arms. In a free-2-play game, something as important as tiered successes should not require paying to do it. It would take longer but a player should be able to someday have a purple without ever buying a lockbox or using the AH.

3. Early finish costs are, to me anyway, a joke. It should never cost more than the max reward for the quest, and should really be a penalty to the reward based on how early you end it. Only complete 20% of the goal? Only get 20% of the reward, but then you can do something else. It's almost as if they hope you screw up and pay 20k= in diamonds when you finish a task early on accident, and i have done that. I was not happy.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only real point of Leadership is generating RAD. The chests are just icing on the cake for the tasks that are worth doing for AD. The rank of the tasks seems pretty random as far as yield goes. The best task is Destroy Enemy Camp, which is rank 20, 1600 RAD - 12 hours no gathering. The second best task is Protect Diamond Shipment, rank 13, 1600 RAD - 16 hours with gathering. Third, Collect Taxes, rank 10 - 800 RAD and 10-11 hours with gathering. Next are Battle Undead and Fight off Spellplagued, both are 400 RAD, 6 hours no gathering. One is rank 16, the other rank 10 (IIRC). The absolute worst yields are all the rare level 20 tasks that require Marks of Favor that require Refugees.

My priority on leadership tasks is DEC, Diamond Shipment, Seek Out Maps, Collect Taxes. When I don't have as much time, throw in Spellplagued/Undead and Patrol the Mines. That's pretty much it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pitshade wrote: »
    The only real point of Leadership is generating RAD. The chests are just icing on the cake for the tasks that are worth doing for AD. The rank of the tasks seems pretty random as far as yield goes. The best task is Destroy Enemy Camp, which is rank 20, 1600 RAD - 12 hours no gathering. The second best task is Protect Diamond Shipment, rank 13, 1600 RAD - 16 hours with gathering. Third, Collect Taxes, rank 10 - 800 RAD and 10-11 hours with gathering. Next are Battle Undead and Fight off Spellplagued, both are 400 RAD, 6 hours no gathering. One is rank 16, the other rank 10 (IIRC). The absolute worst yields are all the rare level 20 tasks that require Marks of Favor that require Refugees.

My priority on leadership tasks is DEC, Diamond Shipment, Seek Out Maps, Collect Taxes. When I don't have as much time, throw in Spellplagued/Undead and Patrol the Mines. That's pretty much it.

Great info and very useful for people who don;t want to bother with calculating this for themselves.

TBH I think Leadership rewards are absolutely fine - it does takes a long time to get to 20, but you get at least 6K AD each day from it at max level.