Install Arc
Options

Nice of you to make Monsters of ice only for ranged classes

2»

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Easy way to make it where ranged isn't quite as dominate, make the mobs hit harder or have more hp. For me to win on my ranger I had to be a little suicidal and pull everything in sight and start aoeing it down. If the mobs had more hp and survived longer or hit harder I would have been in trouble. Melee on the other hand tends to have better defenses so they'd be able to deal with the hits better.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If the CWs are out there in full DPS mode then IMO they're not into the spirit of the event.

They should slot Repel in Spell Mastery and just push everything all over the place on the ice. Fun!

Or even better, get a party together and slot Steal Time in spell mastery and then start running all over the ice. That should be a wicked experience.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    If the CWs are out there in full DPS mode then IMO they're not into the spirit of the event.

They should slot Repel in Spell Mastery and just push everything all over the place on the ice. Fun!

Or even better, get a party together and slot Steal Time in spell mastery and then start running all over the ice. That should be a wicked experience.

The point is to win the event and come in first. Why wouldn't they be out in full dps mode?
  • Options
    ragnarcrlsnragnarcrlsn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just started playing a week ago, and I have decided the guardian fighter I leveled up already to be essentially hopeless in winning that event. The problem is, once I've drawn in and whittled down a big crowd, and I'm ready for the big group kill, some HR/CW comes in and sprays the area...probably a level 5 one just to add insult to injury, too.

I've decided to stop trying. Frankly, the only way to score big is to play in a way that is probably bad habit training for a soloing GF anyway. (although, for a party defender, it's probably pretty good training)
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Usually the other side of the map has no one there!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just started playing a week ago, and I have decided the guardian fighter I leveled up already to be essentially hopeless in winning that event. The problem is, once I've drawn in and whittled down a big crowd, and I'm ready for the big group kill, some HR/CW comes in and sprays the area...probably a level 5 one just to add insult to injury, too.

I've decided to stop trying. Frankly, the only way to score big is to play in a way that is probably bad habit training for a soloing GF anyway. (although, for a party defender, it's probably pretty good training)

Just change instances before the event starts to one that has the fewest players in it.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Heaven forbid an event that isn't geared solely towards melee. Get the pitchforks!

Has there ever been an event solely geared toward melee?

I can't think of one.

This is the only one I can think of mildly punitive to melee.
  • Options
    poulsbopoulsbo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had a similar experience with my guardian - he is slow on the best of days, which doesn't help. Best you can do is try to stay central and run as little as possible, imo.
  • Options
    ragnarcrlsnragnarcrlsn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Just change instances before the event starts to one that has the fewest players in it.
    Then there's the danger of getting actually dogpiled to death...granted, a good GF will take down many of the dogs, and score pretty well doing it, but the healing time will cost the event win even in a sparse instance. Had that happen to me once too...simultaneously fighting half the monsters on the map looks impressive, right up to the moment that you only kill two fifths of them before dying.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Well, to the GF - if you started playing last week it's likely your gear is trash and your build is wrong - so you won't win anyway.

Perhaps he does not yet have Threatening Rush. If that is the case, his mobility will be somewhat limited on the ice compared to a GF that has access to it.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the hell are you people complaining about? I get in the top 5 scores on all 3 of my gwf's if I start at least a couple minutes after its begun.

Hell the ice worked in my favor most of the time.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    there is always tons of people checking out new events in the first few hours/days... it'll be less crowded soon enough and monsters of ice won't seem so "range" oriented. plus it takes a little getting used to fighting on shifting terrain, ranged or melee.

with that we're going to put this thread to bed. say goodnight thread. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.