test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TavernUGC - A place to share your Quests and Tips

cerberusfilmscerberusfilms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Foundry
Hello there fellow Foundry Authors,

I thought I would just drop by to let you all know a bit more about TavernUGC. TavernUGC was setup by a group of long time Foundry Authors from STO (and StarbaseUGC.com) who enjoyed Neverwinter, but couldn't find a central hub for Neverwinter Foundry Authors.

Unfortunately personal life became busy for us all and we had to take a step back, and so we haven't been very active for a long time, but I thought it was time to change that, and so we're back with plans to make it bigger and better than ever.

What is TavernUGC?
Primarily, TavernUGC.com is a place where anyone can sign up free and post about their quests, with the ability to add tags, embedded screenshots and videos; Others can then leave comments on these posts, providing a better place for feedback than simply ingame.
It's secondary purpose is one of education. Like it's sister site, TavernUGC aims to be at the forefront of education in the Foundry, entirely driven and created by the Community.
(Whilst they may be sparse at the moment, we intend to create a comprehensive series ourselves, as well as gathering together existing tutorials in a simple, straightforward and comprehensive list)

How do I Join TavernUGC?
Joining the Site is easy, simply go to http://tavernugc.com, and click on the register button on the right hand side. Follow the onscreen instructions and then send an email to admin@tavernugc.com with the subject "User Request" and include your username in the main body, and we'll upgrade your account to be able to post to the site. (This is to stop the unfortunately endless amount of spam accounts from getting through), or wait a few hours and we should upgrade you ourselves (Provided your email address doesn't look like a spam account).
In the mean time you'll be able to comment on other posts and browse the entirety of the site.
Once you've been upgraded, you will be able to access the easy to use standard Wordpress tools to create your post (Very similar to those on the Neverwinter Forums and most blogging websites).
Your first couple of posts may have to be approved by a moderator (which will only take a short time), after that, you will be free to post as much as you like

What is coming to TavernUGC?
In addition to being a centre for learning and sharing, TavernUGC has and will work with the video podcast PrimetimeUGC, CerberusFilms and Cryptic Studios, to bring you exclusive interviews, updates and competitions.
We're also working on a brand new feature that will make adding and finding new missions even easier. (Entirely built inhouse)

We Need You!
We're Looking for Moderators and Contributors

If you need any help, feel free to Tweet @TavernUGC or @Cerberusfilms, send an email to admin@tavernugc.com or send me a PM here in the forums.

I really hope you'll come and check out the site, and help build a bigger and better community.

CerberusFilms
Post edited by cerberusfilms on

Comments

• zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey CerberusFilms! :) I'd like to extend an offer from Scribes Enclave to network with your site. SE is very similar to what you've described, though we use GuildLaunch for our site. From the beginning, it's been my goal to network with other foundry oriented groups, such as yours. :)

We're currently busy with a guild event and some end-of-the-year organization, but we'd be happy to have you come visit our site and begin setting up a network. I'll send you a PM here with more info.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As the founder of Starbase UGC, I'd really like to see this site take off. Most of us are STO authors, with little interest in NW Foundry, and we've had a hard time recruiting active NW folks to help admin the site and add content, so it has been kind of lifeless.

It probably didn't help that we were trying to get it going when these forums moved at light speed.

Anyways, NW authors, tutorial makers, etc... We built this site for you, and then we failed to really launch it. We really need some active folks from your community of authors to step up and take it over. I can assure you that the devs look upon the site fondly, given the track record of Starbase UGC. But, as Cerberusfilms said, we need you.

That has been the hardest part for us. We're not NW authors and players. We need you if this sister site is going to succeed.

Our site has been one of the most cohesive elements that has held our dwindling community together through the ups and downs of the Foundry. From reading your forums, you guys need something like it, especially now when morale has bottomed.

We really need writers and bloggers who could do the following:

A. Post news about updates, contests, and spotlights.
    B. Post rants or op-eds about the state of the Foundry.
    C. Make polls that solicit community feedback.
    D. Blog and advertise their missions, trailers, campaigns, etc.
    E. Post educational material or help to consolidate a list of educational materials that helps new authors.
    F. Promote your Foundry-related podcasts.
    G. Promote your Foundry-related websites.
    H. Post something, anything that is relevant and useful for this game's ugc community.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]