test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

weird graphical issues

2»

Comments

• chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I seem to remember in one of their previous patches in the last couple of months the devs mentioning that they changed how the texture loading is handled both client and server side.

I have this same issue as many others, and it gets seriously annoying to stand around sometimes for upwards of a full minute when entering a new zone waiting for textures to load. I also get this issue almost every time I start a conversation with an NPC after I end the conversation the textures seem to "unload" and then "reload" forcing me to stand around waiting yet again for textures to load.
  • krayv1nkrayv1n Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I recently returned to the game, having not played since Mod 2, where I had no graphics issues. However currently I too am running into the situation as described by Chadblodgett, above.

System exceeds the game requirements:
    Win 7 64bit
    i7 4820K CPU @ 3.7GHz
    16 GB Ram
    nVidia GTX 780

same system I ran issue free back in mod 2.

I have tried rolling the nVidia driver back to version 347.09 which was the old version back in the Mod 2 time frame. I have tried every nVidida driver between 347.09 and most current 347.88. I have tried changing from DX11 to DX9 back and forth as well as turning the graphics options in game too everything between low and Max (Max being the suggested default).

So far, nothing has worked. Anyone have any other ideas, aside from go back to Dying Light and Far Cry 4?

Playing on preview server this issue does not happen. With some luck when Mod 6 releases this will no longer be a problem.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    krayv1n wrote: »
    I recently returned to the game, having not played since Mod 2, where I had no graphics issues. However currently I too am running into the situation as described by Chadblodgett, above.

System exceeds the game requirements:
    Win 7 64bit
    i7 4820K CPU @ 3.7GHz
    16 GB Ram
    nVidia GTX 780

same system I ran issue free back in mod 2.

I have tried rolling the nVidia driver back to version 347.09 which was the old version back in the Mod 2 time frame. I have tried every nVidida driver between 347.09 and most current 347.88. I have tried changing from DX11 to DX9 back and forth as well as turning the graphics options in game too everything between low and Max (Max being the suggested default).

So far, nothing has worked. Anyone have any other ideas, aside from go back to Dying Light and Far Cry 4?

Playing on preview server this issue does not happen. With some luck when Mod 6 releases this will no longer be a problem.

Try disabling multi-core rendering in the advanced tab in options.
    edited March 2015
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    Try disabling multi-core rendering in the advanced tab in options.

I tried making the change you mentioned, still see the same results. Is pretty strange. Many times if I hit the escape key a couple times everything reloads and all is fine for a few minutes. I have tried a few other things as well...

1. Setting power management mode to both Adaptive and Prefer maximum performance in the 3D management settings for nVidea.

2. Turning down: physics debris, visual fx quality, soft particles, max lights/shadows World and Terrain detail distance - all withing the graphics settings in the in-game options.

3. File verification (although this was/is a fresh re-install of the game)

4. Disable "On demand patching"

I think that' it. All starting to run together. :confused:
    edited April 2015
    I don't want to say the issue is fixed <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>' but I am no longer experiencing the texture loading issues. The following was the cure/band-aide that has worked for me.

1. type in /reduce_mip 1

2. options>advanced>Character Texture Detail: 75%

Working for me - hopefully will help any other experiencing same issue I had.