test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Conq vs Tact GF

jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Given the new changes to the game is the conq spec still viable or is the tact spec becoming more desirable for the threat generation feats?
Post edited by jdenn01 on

Comments

• hempyhustlehempyhustle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    jdenn01 wrote: »
    Given the new changes to the game is the conq spec still viable or is the tact spec becoming more desirable for the threat generation feats?

PvP or PvE or Both?

Conqueror increases your cleave a good chunk plus makes your combat superority a passive 15% dmg increase + the double of Power with a 100% block meter.

If you are playing a high dmg / high power GF then Conqueror is the way to go.

But if you are playing a Tanky GF then Tactician is the choice build because you won't have a lot of power and the increased AP generation from Tactician makes up for the lack of bonus damage from Conqueror.

You can also check my guide in the forums if you have any questions or contact me in-game.
  • jeffcostaricajeffcostarica Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am with Conqueror for now in order to level up, since there are lots soloing dungeons. Still, in parties I do not have any trouble tanking my allies.

However, I would reset once I get lvl 60 and the equipments I will go with Tactician. My goals is to be an immortal tank on PvP! That
  • jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank y'all for the feedback
    I am looking at mostly PVE
    I am tact speced at the moment and find holding threat is easy but my damage seems lower than I had expected.
    I went with a crit/rec/life-steal build with elven enchant and life-drinker
    I generate AP like crazy that I use Terrifying Impact as an encounter
    I am in T1 Stalwart right now but trying to get my Regent to get the defense bonus so that may increase my damage more
    For now I just time my attacks to take advantage of the control bonus damage and control the fight with interrupts and prones

Any advice is welcomed
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    If you PVE

Iron Vanguard Tactician is the best choice your have since the AP gain from frontline surge has been nerfed, and we have HR in town, hence the GWF buff.

GF is in a akward position both PVE or PVP.

In PVE to be honest I really don't know why I need a GF... It is good if the GF is actually good, but trust me good GF is rare in this game.