test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ranger and his Tab power

barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I'm playing my new Ranger right now and there's this one thing...How come that after I use all my ranged encounters and I change to mele mode, I can use all my MELE powers INSTANTLY without any cooldown? Is it the way it should be? I mean it's like having 6 encounter slots while other classes have only 3...
Post edited by barq3t on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    barq3t wrote: »
    So I'm playing my new Ranger right now and there's this one thing...How come that after I use all my ranged encounters and I change to mele mode, I can use all my MELE powers INSTANTLY without any cooldown? Is it the way it should be? I mean it's like having 6 encounter slots while other classes have only 3...

That is the intended behavior of the class. If you look at many of the ranger encounter powers, you'll notice that many have one version that is great, and another that is so-so. You'll also notice that many HR encounters do NOT increase in damage as you rank them up - in fact, many of the nature powers don't even provide better buffs from being ranked up - they just affect more of your teammates.

All in all, I'd say it's a fair trade-off...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes - and ALSO (and it's a big 'also'): Hunter Ranger powers have cool downs that are two to three times LONGER than other classes - in both stances. Because each stance power usage is off-set, the cool downs are off-set. Hence: when you use-up ranged encounters, they go on their long cool-down. You switch to melee stance - the ranged stances are still cooling-down while you are using melee.

Then, when your melee encounters are used-up and you switch stances, chances are the ranged encounter powers are finished with their cool-downs and ready to use. and while using your ranged encounter powers the melee encounter powers are cooling-down until they are ready and waiting.

This is the main mechanic the OP isn't understanding.

It is the tab-mechanic feature of the class: CW="Mastery" of any encounter power, TR= stealth, DC='Devine" power, etc. For the HR it's alternate encounter-powers: one in use while other cools-down.