test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF > all, why??

13»

Comments

• gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    By nerfing a class it doesn't mean a simple change of number output etc. It could mean increase the skill require to pull certain combo or use of skill, or a change that involve class mechanic( in GWF's case might be unstoppable ) which award player with decent skill and actually punish those bad players when they make mistake.

And by your reply you basically admit that stupid player benefit more when play a GWF, if so there should be no ground for u to hold anything against me.

Why do u have such a one track mind? THINK PLZ. And think harder. It is really exhausting to explain something simple in detail way cause it is dumb.

Not everyone is a crying baby some people actually may know more than u do if you don't realize that all this talk are just waste of time since you can't really take in opinion even when the opinion is really neutral. You simply twist my thoughts so you can give yourself a valid argument, which is really pathetic if that is intentional.

I do agree GWF takes less skill to play than playing a rogue or a cw.
    I believe for example, a very low skill player would do a lot better playing a GWF than a rogue for example, although that does not mean that play GWF does not require skills, because it does. I believe gf/gwf requires about the same "level" of skills.Rogue/cw/ranger requires more? yes. but nerf gwf because most players don't have skill is right? no. not when the only pvp mode is domination. If they bring 1 x 1s, deathmatches, different contents where no nodes will be need. then rework all the classes and possibly nerf gwf? OK. as long buff it in other way so it doesn't get useless in Domination.

It is interesting how you are calling me pathetic right after say that your opinion is neutral. I'm love arguments, i love discussions, but i never meant to offend you or anyone. When i said "stupid" people, i was actually just making a comparison of all you said, that was the idea you gave when i read your post, that GWF should be nerfed because only players that know how to play know how to fight it. and that would be not fair in my opinion.

try play a low gear gwf mate, and tell me if you will rule pugs like all people say. I bet all these complaints here are from average to low geared people against full geared gwfs.
    Out of CW, i don't think any class should be complaining. and even CWs, if you see the numbers in premades, they die a lot, and they are most of the time the top killers at the same time. by that idea, we see they were not made for 1 x 1s, but for killer supports. Meele players are the wall and the base of any game, any pvp. They are the structure to hold the points.
    DC is a wall, but is also a "builder".
    Consider CW as a missile launcher, you can't put it to defend a base, you have to use it to attack the base.
    similar analogy goes with trs/rangers.

By the way, don't mistake me. i respect your opinion. I just may disagree with it and give another opinion or argument back. Don't take it as if I am attacking your person. It is important in every discussions to have different ideas, so in the end it is better for a judgment. and if devs, or someone like that read. they will have different ideas to counter-part each other, and more likely to have a better feedback in general.

If you re read the post you gotu pset about, you will see I used the word "IF", because the way you wrote I was not sure if you were attacking or not gwf class for nerfing. As yourself agree that on experienced premades and premades, there is balance. And not on the rest. And I disagree that we should nerf gwf to favor the majority of players that don't know play the game, that was my single thought. Because doing it, the gwfs on experienced premades would probably become more useless than they already are in some points. And from a point of view of competitive pvp players that like the class in end game it would not be attractive. Why would people play the class going for the top end game gear if they know the class will be completely useless? If i started to play the game today, knowing GWF or other class is great on pugs, and suck on premades, I wouldn't play that class.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I do agree GWF takes less skill to play than playing a rogue or a cw.
    I believe for example, a very low skill player would do a lot better playing a GWF than a rogue for example, although that does not mean that play GWF does not require skills, because it does. I believe gf/gwf requires about the same "level" of skills.Rogue/cw/ranger requires more? yes. but nerf gwf because most players don't have skill is right? no. not when the only pvp mode is domination. If they bring 1 x 1s, deathmatches, different contents where no nodes will be need. then rework all the classes and possibly nerf gwf? OK. as long buff it in other way so it doesn't get useless in Domination.

It is interesting how you are calling me pathetic right after say that your opinion is neutral. I'm love arguments, i love discussions, but i never meant to offend you or anyone. When i said "stupid" people, i was actually just making a comparison of all you said, that was the idea you gave when i read your post, that GWF should be nerfed because only players that know how to play know how to fight it. and that would be not fair in my opinion.

try play a low gear gwf mate, and tell me if you will rule pugs like all people say. I bet all these complaints here are from average to low geared people against full geared gwfs.
    Out of CW, i don't think any class should be complaining. and even CWs, if you see the numbers in premades, they die a lot, and they are most of the time the top killers at the same time. by that idea, we see they were not made for 1 x 1s, but for killer supports. Meele players are the wall and the base of any game, any pvp. They are the structure to hold the points.
    DC is a wall, but is also a "builder".
    Consider CW as a missile launcher, you can't put it to defend a base, you have to use it to attack the base.
    similar analogy goes with trs/rangers.

By the way, don't mistake me. i respect your opinion. I just may disagree with it and give another opinion or argument back. Don't take it as if I am attacking your person. It is important in every discussions to have different ideas, so in the end it is better for a judgment. and if devs, or someone like that read. they will have different ideas to counter-part each other, and more likely to have a better feedback in general.

If you re read the post you gotu pset about, you will see I used the word "IF", because the way you wrote I was not sure if you were attacking or not gwf class for nerfing. As yourself agree that on experienced premades and premades, there is balance. And not on the rest. And I disagree that we should nerf gwf to favor the majority of players that don't know play the game, that was my single thought. Because doing it, the gwfs on experienced premades would probably become more useless than they already are in some points. And from a point of view of competitive pvp players that like the class in end game it would not be attractive. Why would people play the class going for the top end game gear if they know the class will be completely useless? If i started to play the game today, knowing GWF or other class is great on pugs, and suck on premades, I wouldn't play that class.

Beautiful Words. /tear :')
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    them wall of texts... too bad nobody is going to read it.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    thorak257 wrote: »
    I've playing over 30 matches since my ranger dinged 60 and every match is the same. GWF totally rule in PvP right now. From your signature I see you play one. I play one too and I KNOW they are overpowered. My ranger has a gear score of 10k if that matters. I guess I suck? According to you, everyone I grouped with in PvP for the last week just sucked?

As a Melee HR I have no issues killing equally geared GWFs.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    As a Melee HR I have no issues killing equally geared GWFs.

Only because folks are not used to playing against HR. Give it time. :D
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Only because folks are not used to playing against HR. Give it time. :D

Devs have said the rooting thru unstoppable is a bug as well, so you know, when the bugs stop working in your favor.....
  • vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Devs have said the rooting thru unstoppable is a bug as well, so you know, when the bugs stop working in your favor.....

I can hit rangers that have me rooted using threatening rush I get one hit then it bounces me back. Sometimes I have enough time to pull off a combo too. Compared to the damage they do they die long before I do. They hit me for like 400 crits while I am critting on them with threatening rush for over 2k. Taking a node I normally just let them hit me. DR + unstopable heals + regen (10 percent)+ artifacts (all blues and three of em. Pvp one is upgraded to level 50 so far should be Epic quality soon)+ if really need it a battle pot which I rarely ever use leaves them kinda stuck on stupid.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can hit rangers that have me rooted using threatening rush I get one hit then it bounces me back. Sometimes I have enough time to pull off a combo too. Compared to the damage they do they die long before I do. Taking a node I normally just let them hit me. DR + unstopable heals + regen + artifacts + if really need it a battle pot which I rarely ever use leaves them kinda stuck on stupid.
    There is that too. I don't pvp much to be honest just enough for my dailies. But when I read about rangers killing things in pvp I can't help but think that they're using the roots because in my limited experience I haven't seen a ranger be anything other than a point farm without rooting.
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    There is that too. I don't pvp much to be honest just enough for my dailies. But when I read about rangers killing things in pvp I can't help but think that they're using the roots because in my limited experience I haven't seen a ranger be anything other than a point farm without rooting.

I am sure Rangers will get more challenging and threatening class. Soon as you have them stacking the right stat whichever that may be to take me down. As it is I assume they are not stacking the proper stat. I hate to think that by default they just hit like wet noodles.
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    the rooting rangers are pain in the *** for gwf. but actually the meele rangers are more powerful against gwf.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
    edited December 2013
    the rooting rangers are pain in the *** for gwf. but actually the meele rangers are more powerful against gwf.

I really have to agree with this. They produce way more damage and faster then there Archery counterpart. Still yet to find one that can take me one versus one but the melee Ranger is a far greater threat then the archer. The archer feels like it is best suited from positioning itself in the rafters where he can not be hit and lending minor additional damage to his team to help them to down opposing team faster.

Melee Ranger also seems to hit harder and faster then a TR as well. I never really fear to much solo against a TR unless he is stacked. The dreaded tank TR build. They do not do a lot of damage but they are a pain in my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to take down. Melee Rangers are faster to take down but also faster to bring you down then a TR.
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I really have to agree with this. They produce way more damage and faster then there Archery counterpart. Still yet to find one that can take me one versus one but the melee Ranger is a far greater threat then the archer.

Root rangers can be melee rangers as well. You actually need only Hindering Shot/Strike and Constricting Arrow to fully control a GWF. Obviously you haven't met anyone that can take you down, because the top geared HRs i've seen around are not that many.

If you give them a P.Vorpal and get them to 2,500 ArmPen, they can get you from 100-20% in a matter of a Fox shift. Then kite around until it's back again (or if Ghost is up, it's 100-0). So I think that HRs need sometime to get used on top gear PvP. Gannic's friend from Enemy Team (Death From Above) has the best itemisation I've seen so far for an HR, and I think he does fight with the best of the PvP in premades.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
    edited December 2013
    Root rangers can be melee rangers as well. You actually need only Hindering Shot/Strike and Constricting Arrow to fully control a GWF. Obviously you haven't met anyone that can take you down, because the top geared HRs i've seen around are not that many.

If you give them a P.Vorpal and get them to 2,500 ArmPen, they can get you from 100-20% in a matter of a Fox shift. Then kite around until it's back again (or if Ghost is up, it's 100-0). So I think that HRs need sometime to get used on top gear PvP. Gannic's friend from Enemy Team (Death From Above) has the best itemisation I've seen so far for an HR, and I think he does fight with the best of the PvP in premades.

The roots are not really a problem with threatening rush. The threatening rush mechanism makes it so we are not really kiteable. I can hit HR's through the roots yes I bounce back but still I am able to hit them through the roots. I think it is a bug tbh as it is the only thing ranged HR's have and here I am smashing there face in with threatening rush. I have been called a hacker about 15 times since HR's have been released due to it.
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The roots are not really a problem with threatening rush. The threatening rush mechanism makes it so we are not really kiteable. I can hit HR's through the roots yes I bounce back but still I am able to hit them through the roots. I think it is a bug tbh as it is the only thing ranged HR's have and here I am smashing there face in with threatening rush. I have been called a hacker about 15 times since HR's have been released due to it.

Of course. I am just saying that they at least got something to make you work for your food. Especially if combined with Consticting and in a distance (i.e: ideal situations that happen in 5% of the games).

Threatening rush for GWFs is the worse idea ever imho, but what can we do...get lemons, make lemonade.

Also, Ranged HR after MoA nerf are a joke really.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thorak257 wrote: »
    I've playing over 30 matches since my ranger dinged 60 and every match is the same. GWF totally rule in PvP right now. From your signature I see you play one. I play one too and I KNOW they are overpowered. My ranger has a gear score of 10k if that matters. I guess I suck? According to you, everyone I grouped with in PvP for the last week just sucked?

How can any of you Rangers expect to deal with a tricked out PVP GWF after you just dinged 60 your gear is nothing comapred to a GWF and your proabbly are not focused on PVP gear, while GWFs have had months to perfect there gear and PVP build. PVP GWF can easily have 15k+ GS with artifacts and gear. To take down a PVP GWF you need to have around 3500-4000 Armor pen. Unless your a 15k HR with super armor pen you should not be complaining about not being able to kill a GWF.