test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Players want to pay and play

nwknight5280nwknight5280 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
…not spend time resubmitting bug reports. Responses like this make me want to move on to another MMORPG.

<( removed private communication )>

When a help request is submitted that may be bug related or a ticket is submitted clearly related to a bug wouldn’t it make sense to incorporate this information into your quality or bug tracking system?
The player has already informed you that there is a problem. How about instead of putting the onus on them to resubmit the problem and irritating a paying customer – take some initiative and look at what the issue is and then decide if it should be looked at. At least you can honestly send a different canned response to the player that the issue may be bug related and will be further looked at.

The Player hopefully moves on, plays some more and spends a few dollars, euros or whatever. Rather than wondering if support this bad really deserves any additional funds.
"We cannna bring a troll to fire, but we can bring fire to the troll" - old dwarvish proverb
Post edited by nwknight5280 on

Comments

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't think it's unreasonable to request that players submit bug reports through an established bug reporting system so that they're more likely to be seen by people who can address them.

Telling a GM about a bug is like asking a community manager to fix code (i.e. it's usually not part of their job). However, yes, a bug report button would be even simpler.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    I don't think it's unreasonable to request that players submit bug reports through an established bug reporting system so that they're more likely to be seen by people who can address them.

Telling a GM about a bug is like asking a community manager to fix code (i.e. it's usually not part of their job). However, yes, a bug report button would be even simpler.

Not to mention that it leaves little room for further communication. Say the GM runs it over to the tech guys. And the tech guys have a few follow up questions. Its not like the GM is going to be able to answer them as well as you would be able to.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    we appreciate you taking the time to submit reports concerning in-game issues, however posting private information between you and support is considered a breach of privacy and is against the forum rules of conduct.
    Rule 3.03 - No Posting of Personal Conversations or Personal Information
    . . . . Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.

if you have a problem to report, press H in-game, then select Report a Bug. you may also use the support ticketing system. and as long as your issue isn't a report about an exploit, you may also post it here in the bug reports section of the forums. all are valid methods to getting your submissions to the right place.

thank you.
This discussion has been closed.