test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ranger, and the Baiacu effect! Read before making a ranger.

linknigrilinknigri Member Posts: 97 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Wilds
Does anyone know the Baiacu? Its a fish. A harmless fish, but when confronting with danger it inflates himself and becomes bigger, this mechanic makes mutch more dangerous predators scare of its new size and so they run away, but the truth is its just air.

So, I keep hearing and seeing things like: Rangers are so OP, Rangers level up like any other class, I only leveled my ranger too lvl 10 but it was so easy that I think other classes need a buff, OMG I'm an unstopable gwf and the root is binding me, thats is wrong, I cant kill any good ranger, by the seven hells! There is a class who scores 20k damage with an at-will!

Well then, I would like to know if I'm so wrong, but what I see with my lvl 60 ranger is that we are exactly a Baiacu. Rangers are scary. I have to agree there, they are. They do score big numbers and that makes people shake in fear. And more than that, there is that time when u need to run, but u cant because a ranger rooted u in place and then u die, and that is so frustrating right?

No! Blasphemy! Rangers are the worst class by miles in neverwinter right know. And not only that. They are useless and they were really, really bad developed. Dont get me wrong, I think the devs did an amazing job with the game, I like neverwinter a lot, but the ranger, that was disapointing. So geting back to the arguments, to prove the fear of some people have from the poor Baicu ranger are fear from air and simple lies, here are some observations:

- Aimed shot: Yeah, the scary skill, the big number that makes people shake their kness. Its a lie guys. The damage rangers can make with this are only when people are not looking at u, because if someone does, u wont be able to land it. Its pathetic, really, a CW witch is my main character by the way, will score thousand of damages more with its Ice Knife in the duration of a pvp match, simple because even being a dailly, he will be able to land it mutch more times then a ranger will be able to land his Aimed shot.

- Roots: I have to agree, its the kind of skill that makes people mad, when a CW hold u in the air, its completaly diferent because u cant do a **** anyway, that kinda generates a psicological confort. But when the ranger glues u in the ground, u can hit anything thats in your reach, u can run in a circle, and u can force that anoying root like a desperate mother****er so hard trying to run straight that u become frustrated its still there. Dont get me wrong, I do think roots are a nice mechanic, its one of the really few things interesting in the ranger class, but please, its worst existing CC in the game, it allows u to still do almost everything.

- Master of archery: This one... I must say, I do think it was an amazing feat, it does needed a nerf, a slight one. But what they done to it, well that must be a prank. Seriously, I never saw it coming. TRs benefit from criting more then any class in the game and CWs could score crits almost at the same rate of a ranger with ''Master of archery'', or maybe even more with their ''Eye of the storm''.

- Melle stance: I read a post about a gwf saying: ''Rangers were the worst class chose to have roots that keeps gwf from reaching them because they have melle capabilities, when u reach one, the batlle is not over yet!'', that one, that made me laught. I'd love to see the amazing melle capabilities that rangers have right now. I'd really like to see one beating a gwf to the ground without being far from it, or even my CW, really, I'll let u come straight to me in melle, I wont use my spells till u do, I'd be amazed if u could take out at least 50% of my hp before I lift u and burst u to the ground. Or before I sent u to the ground 2 times with my gwf ''prone'' skills and put that huge sword inside your dead ***.

- Aspect of the pack: Any class with high CHA will already have their on ways of having their combat advantage on, almost 100% of the time. So with this u will only be giving at most 2% more damage to only 2 or 3 persons in the party, being u one of them. Its not like its useless, its just that other class features will impact more as an dps overall then this thing.

- Split Shot: Now u must be wondering, Is this guy out of his mind? What kinda of idiot could say that Split Shot is a bad skill? The answear is: None. No imbecile could say that is a bad skill, its the best skill of the whole game and the one I really, really wish we did not had. Why? Simple, thats the skill that makes people belive in the lie. That is the Baiacu Mechanic. That skill puted so mutch air inside the fish that people cant see the obvious, they cant see that right now, this is the only thing rangers really have and this thing alone dont make a class. This **** will make a HR be in the 1 for dps in any dungeon it makes, ofcourse, it hits the whole screen, and this will make u kill any crapy monster before he turn itself to you, making u think that an HR is a good class. Its not bro, seriously, try leveling a HR without this one and see if the ranger is really so good as people think it is. In a pvp u wont be able to keep charging this thing, it will still be a good skill, but not as good as u think. The whole ranger is not as good as you think.

- A monster of the PVE: Piff... CWs will control the adds, Clerics will keep people alive, TR will do more single target damage then u, allowing it to kill the boss faster and no one has to worry with the agro on him because of stealth, GWF and GF can tank anything and hold the agro, witch is strict necessary for the CW and Cleric. So whats the HR good for in the party? Well u can split shot the things the CW will already control even without you or you can belive in the lie that your nature buffs are doing something usefull for the party.

To conclude. Hunter Ranger is a terrible class, its useless in pvp and pve, but, unfortunately, its a hard thing to see and even harder to make people belive. We will proably never see it really balanced to the other classes, maybe we will even see a little more and many people will still play the HR without half of the complaints gwf's got in their dark times because its a ranged dps class and because they have ''split shot''. So, my advice to the ones thinking of creating a Ranger right now: Dont.

Sory about my english guys, I'm really bad with this language.
Post edited by linknigri on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    linknigri wrote: »
    snip

I agree with you especially after the moa nerf. I love my ranger, ranged dps is probably my favorite archtype in mmo's. That said without moa working on at wills for either aimed shot or rapid shot situationally you don't do enough dps to really help with bosses. Double criting aimed shots took chunks out of bosses and kept you competitive with tr's. You didn't do as much to the boss but you did more aoe and sped up getting to the bosses. Something needs to be done now to buff up single target dps so that you aren't a liability on boss fights now.

As far as pvp I don't really care, pvp is something I just do for the daily quest and doesn't really matter to me either way.
  • Options
    ljz6ljz6 Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2013
    Maybe when creating the Hunter Ranger, they didn't want him to be the best at everything?

The way you explain it, oh he's worse at single target DPS, okay. Someone has to be.
    He's worse at tanking, no ****, but again someone has to be.
    He can't heal, no ****, but someone has to be.
    He's "worse" at controlling mobs. Somewhat, but split shot (as you stated) is strong, so not really.

Maybe he's supposed to be jack of all trades? Can cleric clear as fast? No? Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, no one roll a cleric!

I think he's in a fine position, and that's with 3 hunters made since I wanted to level 1 for myself and 2 to help friends level. The 'nerf' (that wasn't a nerf, more of a bug fix. But who wants to believe the devs anyway, amiright?) did suck, shame.

It's a new class, it'll definitely get balancing changes. The first patch came out yesterday and bam, hunter already is getting changed. What a shocker. He'll continue to get changed.
  • Options
    dementia2009dementia2009 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was not a bug fix. Apparently the tooltip was bugged too without that added cd info huh...
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ljz6 wrote: »
    Maybe when creating the Hunter Ranger, they didn't want him to be the best at everything? snip

This! ... I cannot see what all the bruhaha is about!!!

I'm playing a HR, and I've never had more FUN, with a NW character! Are some of the bosses challenging ... YES!!! ... Because they are SUPPOSED to be, but then I don't try an kill a boss in two shots, nor do I want to be able too ... Where is the fun, and sense of accomplishment in that?

Kite, Split, Kite, Vine, Shin Break, Stag, Rapid --> Rinse and repeat ... Half the time, I finish the boss BEFORE the adds are all dead, because while I'm kiteing and using Split to clear adds, i'm ALSO hitting the boss! If he has any health left or when I'm only fighting Elites (no bronze/orange health bar) one rotation of Split/Vine/Shin Break is usually all it takes, if they have any health left, a few swipes of my twin blades of doom, and maybe a jump and blade drop, and it's all over.

Personally I think anyone who isn't having fun and doing well playing a HR, should go an buy a deck of cards and play solitaire, because obviously that's more your skill level and you can cheat in that game.

LEAVE THE HR ALONE!!!
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    ljz6ljz6 Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2013
    It was not a bug fix. Apparently the tooltip was bugged too without that added cd info huh...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?549781-NW-10-20131120z-18-Shadowmantle-Preview-Patch-Notes&p=6744781&viewfull=1#post6744781

Bug fix doesn't mean that they intended for that CD, it means it was buggy, and they fixed it. Stop being obtuse.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The power was definitely bugged, so fixing the bugs aas totally justified. Sticking a 20s cooldown on it and making it only work on encounters was not fixing the bug but fundamentally changing the power.

Still I'm not abandoning the class or even the Archery tree because of this change; before Master Archer was amazing, now its bad, but its not the reason I went archer all the stuff before it is why I went down the path.

The class is very effective and I have no trouble finding a place for my character in a party.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    thralgafthralgaf Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The class is working as intended, unless you want to sit at ranged and dps down every target with no repercussions. There are repercussions.
  • Options
    dementia2009dementia2009 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?549781-NW-10-20131120z-18-Shadowmantle-Preview-Patch-Notes&p=6744781&viewfull=1#post6744781

Bug fix doesn't mean that they intended for that CD, it means it was buggy, and they fixed it. Stop being obtuse.

feel free to think what you want, as will I.
  • Options
    chewmagnachewmagna Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you think split shot is all the ranger has then you don't know the class very well. I rarely use it in dungeons, maybe as an opener, but rarely. I still manage to get top damage done and kills in dungeons consistently beating TRs, GWFs and CWs as much as five levels over me. I play mostly melee with a couple ranged encounters thrown in.
  • Options
    m3ntald00d01m3ntald00d01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzyWIqwM2vE

Before you watch the video take note: Myself and one other hunter were on teamspeak. The other 3 hunters are pugs. There is no organization to this. (This is also the reason that I kept hitting ALT during the fight.)

After you watch this video: Find a way to tell me that hunters are garbage. Oh, and even though I spend a bunch of time running around... I came out top on DPS by about 100k DPS.

I am not trying to troll, nor will I argue that all the skills on a HR are epic level awesome. However this video is total proof that Hunters are very strong and do not need to be changed as far as mechanics go. Some things might need tweaking, but you should remember that this class is multi-faceted.
  • Options
    ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dunno about you guys but I'm now sitting at 13,4k gs with a crappy normal vorpal and I'm still able to outdps some better enchanted cw's; also ranger can root cc immune monsters and with critical build encounters have 100% uptime when needed. So same or more dps than a cw and another form of crowd control. To me it's very good to have in a party with others cw's and I did some t2 with melee group with just me controlling adds and it worked good. Basically I'm having tons of fun. Just my 2 cents :cool:
  • Options
    halefthauthalefthaut Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I smell a pathetic attempt to keep people out from this class. Seen it before on countless threads...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Maybe when creating the Hunter Ranger, they didn't want him to be the best at everything?

The way you explain it, oh he's worse at single target DPS, okay. Someone has to be.
    He's worse at tanking, no ****, but again someone has to be.
    He can't heal, no ****, but someone has to be.
    He's "worse" at controlling mobs. Somewhat, but split shot (as you stated) is strong, so not really.

Maybe he's supposed to be jack of all trades? Can cleric clear as fast? No? Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, no one roll a cleric!

I think he's in a fine position, and that's with 3 hunters made since I wanted to level 1 for myself and 2 to help friends level. The 'nerf' (that wasn't a nerf, more of a bug fix. But who wants to believe the devs anyway, amiright?) did suck, shame.

It's a new class, it'll definitely get balancing changes. The first patch came out yesterday and bam, hunter already is getting changed. What a shocker. He'll continue to get changed.

No class should be the best in everything, I just think rangers are way down the other classes in balance. Having a CW u can do everything the ranger does and better then him. Even the opening with a the split shot that people have so mutch fun about, you can do it very similar with the chil strike on your mastery slot, you will still kill all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> monsters in a one shot skill and you will even let the big one frozen. I dont see a jack of all trades at all, what I see is a class that is the worst on all that u said, it does not have to be the best, I'm not talking about 8 and 80 here, but at least shouldnt he be moderated at something? shouldnt any class have something to shine about? All the other classes so far have it and the ranger dont. All it has right now is one good skill (split shot), maybe before MOA nerf it had some potential in some playstyles.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    halefthaut wrote: »
    I smell a pathetic attempt to keep people out from this class. Seen it before on countless threads...

You could not be more wrong, what I would like to see is balance in favor for the rangers, and unfortunately, I dont think I will, because people overrate the class.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    chewmagna wrote: »
    If you think split shot is all the ranger has then you don't know the class very well. I rarely use it in dungeons, maybe as an opener, but rarely. I still manage to get top damage done and kills in dungeons consistently beating TRs, GWFs and CWs as much as five levels over me. I play mostly melee with a couple ranged encounters thrown in.

I dont think Split shot is all the ranger has. What I think is that it is a skill so good that makes people realize how bad the class is as a whole. And by ''bad'' I mean, compared to the other classes. But I must say, I find very interesting that you rarely use it, could you post your build for me? Maybe it could make me enjoy my hunter more. So far, I found the melle HR a bull****.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Please watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzyWIqwM2vE

Before you watch the video take note: Myself and one other hunter were on teamspeak. The other 3 hunters are pugs. There is no organization to this. (This is also the reason that I kept hitting ALT during the fight.)

After you watch this video: Find a way to tell me that hunters are garbage. Oh, and even though I spend a bunch of time running around... I came out top on DPS by about 100k DPS.

I am not trying to troll, nor will I argue that all the skills on a HR are epic level awesome. However this video is total proof that Hunters are very strong and do not need to be changed as far as mechanics go. Some things might need tweaking, but you should remember that this class is multi-faceted.

The video is nice bro^^ But it still dont change my point of view. I do think a balanced party would make a hell of a better job, probably a 5 cw would do even better and a 5 TR would burst that ***** to the ground so fast that it would not even be fun to post. And if u wanna be impressed by the ranger capabilities with that... well I saw a rogue solo castle never on the epic stance, he did solo even the boss.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    I agree with you especially after the moa nerf. I love my ranger, ranged dps is probably my favorite archtype in mmo's. That said without moa working on at wills for either aimed shot or rapid shot situationally you don't do enough dps to really help with bosses. Double criting aimed shots took chunks out of bosses and kept you competitive with tr's. You didn't do as much to the boss but you did more aoe and sped up getting to the bosses. Something needs to be done now to buff up single target dps so that you aren't a liability on boss fights now.

As far as pvp I don't really care, pvp is something I just do for the daily quest and doesn't really matter to me either way.

Yeah, before MOA nerf, we could at least make worth the party slot in dungeons. Right now, it seams kinda of a wasted slot. Its still a fun class to play, ranged DPS is my favorite style too^^ I just question the functionability of the ranger compared to the others. But its even more frustrating for me, because I really enjoy PVP, and the rangers there are no fun at all, they can only do something realible when no one is engaging him or against underskilled players. The only exception are gwf, it seams they are the only ones u can face there. I really hope for us to see some change.
  • Options
    krolk8888krolk8888 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well,they'll get nerfed again cause devs said that strong grasping roots holding gwf's in place during unstoppable are a bug...so hr's will become even more useless in pvp,I just wonder how many nerfs will it take for people to realize it was underpowered from the start...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    krolk8888 wrote: »
    well,they'll get nerfed again cause devs said that strong grasping roots holding gwf's in place during unstoppable are a bug...so hr's will become even more useless in pvp,I just wonder how many nerfs will it take for people to realize it was underpowered from the start...

That is the whole point of my post. My fear is that they will never realize it.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Your fear is unfounded.

HR is a solid class that is working well despite your claims otherwise.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    arhanelarhanel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    in pvp its solid class till stun lock, after it only thing we can do is wait for respawn
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Your fear is unfounded.

HR is a solid class that is working well despite your claims otherwise.

Sory bro, but u are wrong, and people are already realizing it. Right now, I'm seeing a some rangers being kicked from partys on pvp. I hope everyone realize it soon, so the change wont take as long.

But just to throw some more arguments:

Clerics, they have more dps then u and way more survival, without a good vorpal, all u can do is scracth him on 1x1, u have to hope to land your aimed shots to be usefull.

TR, I dont even need to mention the dps, its obvious, but the funny thing here, is that they have more dps then u with their ranged atacks. So, more dps from ranged and from melle and hey, they also have 75% deflect severity, witch make them a lot more tanker, not even counting the extra deflect from CHA atribute and stealth. Thei are way a better ranged class then u, and in melle, piff, unnecessary to comment.

CW, well they kick your but, rangers go down fast, they have more dps then u, more control then u, they do it from far too. Not to mention he has a skill that damages for the same amount of an aimed shot, that is also ranged, interrupitible and with less then 9 sec cd with all that recovery they get. Its an DOT, but anyway, a lot more solid skill then your aimed shot. They also have Ice Knife, witch is amazing. There is nothing, absolutaly nothing that a HR do that a CW cant do better with some build ajustment.

Gwf, this one praticaly dont need coments either, they do more damage than u, they have more deflection, they tank waaaaay more then u, they become imune to cc, they even have waaaay better CC then u do. Infact they are overpowered on pvp right now. But yes, we can kill them right now, they are the only ones we can win in a fair 1x1 fight, but soon we wont be able to do it too since they want to make the unstopable being imune to roots.

GF, with this little guy we fight fair since we can manage to keep him away from us. But nevertheless, he add a lot more to the party then we do, they have a good single target dps if your build is good, they are the kings of survival and they can CC, like really CC.

But hey, we are a solid class in pvp, we can cast that useless buffs and cast aimed shot right? We can also climb somewhere and pray that no one see us before we land an aimed shot in the cw! haha, HR is pathetic, its a shame... It has potential to be a really fun class to play, in fact, they are a really fun class to play, but thats all, any party will be better served from any other class.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    arhanel wrote: »
    in pvp its solid class till stun lock, after it only thing we can do is wait for respawn

Not only stun lock, but any cc at all, or anything that really gets close to u, since any class have more survival and more dps then rangers do. Also, the thing that kills HR more easly are TR, because he can get near u with their gap closer or by being invisible.

They are not solid at all, they are only usefull when there is no one at all trying to face him, so he can aim shot somebody. Besides that, they are inferior from the other classes in every possible way. They cant hold a ground and their dps is pathetic without aimed shot, also, their CC will be useless once we stop being able to control GWFs, that is the only thing that could possible be called a solid work from the ranger, and soon we will be deprived from it.
  • Options
    arhanelarhanel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i am able to kill any other hr, cw is piece of cake, gwf is only problem: stun lock - instant dead
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited December 2013
    Well, stun lock is a problem for almost every class; but the GWF and their bane is prone while not unstoppable.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    - Roots: worst existing CC in the game, it allows u to still do almost everything.

Dead in a matter of seconds, yep that's my gwf usually does in PvP, roots sure changes nothing in this case.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Gwf, this one praticaly dont need coments either
    Agreed, they're dead meat.

Gwf, they become imune to cc
    Roots? Unless you think it's not a cc.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Dead in a matter of seconds, yep that's my gwf usually does in PvP, roots sure changes nothing in this case.

If your gwf is dying in seconds u probably are doing something wrong. Maybe u are not taking advantage of that really huge deflection chance that the class has acess to. I would advise u to look at some other people builds, it will probably help u a lot. My gwf can get in the midle of 4 people, with the 4 hiting him and survive long enought to make then bored.
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Roots? Unless you think it's not a cc.

I've mentioned the roots
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    arhanel wrote: »
    i am able to kill any other hr, cw is piece of cake, gwf is only problem: stun lock - instant dead

Ofcorse u will be able to kill any other HR, any other HR will be as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as, well, any other HR haha. As about the CW, u are probably talking about that time where they are concerned with fighting someone else so u can use aimed shot. I must warn u, these are the bad CW. The good ones wont let u use one single aimed shot. My cw <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> any HR he can lay his eyes on, its the easiest fight ever.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Ofcorse u will be able to kill any other HR, any other HR will be as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as, well, any other HR haha. As about the CW, u are probably talking about that time where they are concerned with fighting someone else so u can use aimed shot. I must warn u, these are the bad CW. The good ones wont let u use one single aimed shot. My cw <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> any HR he can lay his eyes on, its the easiest fight ever.

Hold up i can deflect everything a CW throws at me on my melee HR i have high regen and dmg resistance CC is not a problem because once there in Grasping roots there as good as dead and once you have fey thistle they practically kill themselves yeah HR mite not be much in pvp the first few weeks but once every one has their shurandar boons and gear situated its a whole other story. I don't see how a ranged HR should also have a problem fighting a CW just constricting shot binding and blow it up but i think the only HR you come across are the one that try to spam aimed shot cheese at you. Other then that its all about who ever gets constricting or EF off first and arguably if ther carrying aspect of the falcon they will blow you up first.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]