test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion about simple mechanic

tektrotektro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Wilds
My ranger is only 59 now but one thing keeps coming back to my mind as what i think would enhance the ranger feeling even more and also fix some issues ppl have been refering to in a "subtle" manner.

It came from a thought i had while struglling a few times in dirty situations...

"WTF is this I'm pretty sure i could shoot a bow while running if my life depended on it!!!"

Idea:
Passively have the HR be able to use ranged at-wills while running WHEN under ~35% hp.
Post edited by tektro on

Comments

• Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Shot on the Run in my opinion should have been the archery trees capstone feat. Not full speed running mind you, as that would be way too powerful, but a slower steady trot like when the DC's use their Divinity at-wills and move. That would have been awesome.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    krolk8888krolk8888 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    +1 for the end feat idea,as the current nerfed one is useless anyways.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    caexar wrote: »
    Shot on the Run in my opinion should have been the archery trees capstone feat. Not full speed running mind you, as that would be way too powerful, but a slower steady trot like when the DC's use their Divinity at-wills and move. That would have been awesome.

I like that, yeah i like that a lot.
    would be possibly easily done as our atwills have that same autolock feature as those divinity atwills you mention.
    great idea
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You could argue the same for every other class: to use at-wills while running.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    adernath wrote: »

You could, but the vast majority of other classes have capstones that are better than a moving attack anyway. The HR archery capstone however, will be very meh after the changes they make to it. It needed some tweaking but they went a little overboard with it.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    adernath wrote: »
    i could also argu that most other classes i can think of have a way to move forward (or any direction for that matter) slightly while holding the attack down

which is working fine for our melee moves. not so much when in ranged stance.
    probably why nobody talks about melee stance in this thread.
  • Options
    demonicangel318demonicangel318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Or you could...switch to melee? Shocker, I know. Just be glad it doesn't take 6 seconds to drop your weapon and pick up new ones like in PnP >.>

Or yell at your tank to do his job better.

And I'm also fairly certain that shooting a bow while running is FREAKING HARD. Shooting a bow on horseback is hard enough.
    Felix Greentrack -- Halfling HR